Sera Guide

Xaldalneir

Oct 21, 2016
Hello

What exactly all has to happen for Sera to be able to impregnate your character in the game? I have no idea what I'm doing...

Also I'm sorry if this is considered some kind of spoiler thing. I'll take it down if I have to.

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
First off, you'll need to make sure that you are running the latest backer build (0.6.89).

For the actual progression: you need to become Sera's sub and successfully finish her party event - see Sera's wiki entry for a breakdown of choices related to it. After that, you'll be able to bring up the topic of breeding and convince her to go with it - you can do that prior to the party and even try to convince her to reconsider her decision not to impregnate you, to no avail. The last somewhat tricky bit is the fact that after successfully convincing her, you will need to return 24 or more hours later to trigger the actual impregnation event.

But the content that follows is more than worth the hassle, and is awesome all around.

Sweepz

Oct 21, 2016
First off, you'll need to make sure that you are running the latest backer build (0.6.89).

For the actual progression: you need to become Sera's sub and successfully finish her party event - see Sera's wiki entry for a breakdown of choices related to it. After that, you'll be able to bring up the topic of breeding and convince her to go with it - you can do that prior to the party and even try to convince her to reconsider her decision not to impregnate you, to no avail. The last somewhat tricky bit is the fact that after successfully convincing her, you will need to return 24 or more hours later to trigger the actual impregnation event.

But the content that follows is more than worth the hassle, and is awesome all around.

How do you initially convince Sera to impregnate you after the party? When I bring it up she says we haven't known each other long enough, is there a requirement for the number of days since the party? or number of sex acts needed?

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
How do you initially convince Sera to impregnate you after the party? When I bring it up she says we haven't known each other long enough, is there a requirement for the number of days since the party? or number of sex acts needed?

If she says that, then your Steele might need to chat with her to get to know her background more.

F

Franks

You need to have gained her a certain amount of influence via the party. If she hasn't gained enough influence by you the PC getting people to like her, she's unable to pay her debts off, and therefore unable to afford the financial risk of having a kid with you.

eveoflife

Aug 29, 2015
I remember hearing the party had to be a absolute success, as in her drowning in clients and unsure how to keep up with them all. The wiki lists the route needed to achieve that here. After the party, give her time, then try the routes suggested.

http://wiki.smutosaur.us/Sera

Last edited by a moderator:

Nonesuch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 27, 2015
I remember hearing the party had to be a absolute success, as in her drowning in clients and unsure how to keep up with them all. The wiki lists the route needed to achieve that here. After the party, give her time, then try the routes suggested.

http://wiki.smutosaur.us/Sera

Shouldn't be - I intended that you be able to do it as long as you didn't completely flunk the party, e.g. the middle outcome should still let you get her to breed you. I admit that I haven't tested that, though. Jacques?

Wsan

Scientist
Creator
Jan 8, 2016
In my experience, it doesn't let you do it unless you get it close to perfect. I took a look through the code and assumed that was on purpose. I will readily admit that I didn't look super hard at the code though, and that maybe I sucked at the party more than I thought. Still, Sera seemed pretty happy with the results and it still didn't happen.

Nonesuch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 27, 2015
In my experience, it doesn't let you do it unless you get it close to perfect. I took a look through the code and assumed that was on purpose. I will readily admit that I didn't look super hard at the code though, and that maybe I sucked at the party more than I thought. Still, Sera seemed pretty happy with the results and it still didn't happen.

In which case, that's a case of crossed wires between me and the coder, sorry guys. Shouldn't be hard to fix.

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
Shouldn't be - I intended that you be able to do it as long as you didn't completely flunk the party, e.g. the middle outcome should still let you get her to breed you. I admit that I haven't tested that, though. Jacques?

Sorry about that--I didn't realize. I made a fix in a pull request (#983) that should fix the issue. Now breeding will be successful after having completing the party (talking to her about it a week  after the event and the results come in) and having gained an influence score of over 90 during the event.

hoss156

Oct 25, 2016
I am still having trouble with this I am on the correct version and got a score of 190 from the party, waited 7 days, but sera still says no.  

eveoflife

Aug 29, 2015
I am still having trouble with this I am on the correct version and got a score of 190 from the party, waited 7 days, but sera still says no.  

Not sure how much is needed exactly, Jacues00 might be able to mention the original score needed. All I know is a mention that it had to be extremely successful. Also, if your working with the public builds, then the adjustments Jacques00 made aren't released yet.

K

Krynh

All I can see is " if(flags["SERA_PARTY_INVITE"] >= 4)" but that doesn't say anything about what score gives that flag.

Darkpheonix

Aug 27, 2015
as far as I know you need to:

1)Become her sub

2)Unlock and go through all her talk options, this will unlock the breed option but you need to go to party for her to agree to it

3)complete the party, particularly with a high score so you get the salary option (not sure if necessary but its what I did)

4)wait for results of party to come then select breed option in talk menu

5)convince her however you choose

6)comeback 24hrs later and presto, horny Sera and pregy Steele will result, buy more prespine for more funtimes

This is what I did and it worked for me, bear in mind to get maximum score you need to have unlocked myrellium and encountered alpha and beta Nyrea, male syridian, and a naleen so it will take some time to complete.

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
3)complete the party, particularly with a high score so you get the salary option (not sure if necessary but its what I did)

It should be fixed recently to a "successful" score--so she just needs to be impressed with a good outcome, but it doesn't need to be perfect to the point where she gives the salary though.

Darkpheonix

Aug 27, 2015
As I said, its what I did at the time I unlocked it, which was before that pull request. havent tried it since soo I don't know what the minimum score would be. Im guessing around 90?