The Syren Conspiracy (For Floozer)

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
As the lovers drift off for a nap, the ship continues to fly. In around five hours, it drops out of hyperspace, waking Olivia from a well deserved, and very soft sleep. 

Edom was a jungle planet. Literally every inch of it was covered in huge trees, some rivaling even the skyscrapers of Van Jalak. A few rivers and streams were scattered across the landscape, but otherwise the whole place was mostly one giant canopy. This time, she wasn't hailed by any port authority, so she had to look for a place to land by herself, a clearing that was hopefully large enough for the ship. 

She saw three such possible clearings, one next to a stream, one that appeared to be around some vines, and one that seemed to have been burned away by something or someone. 

837980._SX540_SY540_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
"Hmm, vines wold tangle the ship and I don't trust that burned zone...so next to the river it is!" She pilots her ship over there.

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
The ship sets down with a gentle thump. Moisture immediately starts to form on the windshield. Damn, this place is humid! But... How was she supposed to look for Brynn? Using a bio scanner would be useless, course. She could try scanning the area for any faint electromagnetic signals, but they could be from anything. Even some kinds of plants gave off EM signals. The other option is to fly around looking for another ship. 

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
"Think think think...what do you know on her? She is a mass murderer....god damn it. Well, if she is here then she must have a ship." She pulls up her EM scanner and lets it go off.

[check your pm]

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
It scans for a few minutes before showing one very large red dot, a small red dot, a flickering red one, and one medium sized dot. 

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
"Hmmm, better try all of them to be certain." She downloads the map of locations and heads to her bedroom to get dressed in her suit again. "Rina, I am heading out. If anything attacks the ship, hit the black button with a skull on it in the cock pit, that activates the exterior defenses. If you need to fly the ship, just turn on auto pilot, it is labeled, and tell it to orbit this planet so you don't get out of comm range ok?"

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
"Got it!" She calls out. 

Olivia looks down at her tablet. The large dot is probably an hour away, the small one around four hours, the flickering one maybe half a day (through very thick jungle) away, and the medium sized one was at the top of what appeared to be a plateau. Getting there would take her a few hours, but the climbing would take her even longer, and she would be exhausted when she reached the top. 

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
"Well, lets start with the nearest one." she starts walking for the large dot, keeping her eyes open for any threats.

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
The trip passes uneventfully, and Olivia passes the time trying to identify as many species of wildlife as she can. The forest chirps and hoots with the calls of the various insects and animals. The canopy is rather thick, and sunlight struggles to reach the ground below. There are plants of all kinds around her. Colourful vines, strange alien plants that turn towards the sound of her progress, and some tiny tendrils that reach out and try to touch her. 

After an hour of trekking in the humid jungles, she finally comes upon what appeared to be, at first sight, a giant mass of plants. Looking closer, it actually turned out to be the wreck of a freighter! What was one doing all the way out here!?

received_989824171077352.jpeg

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
"Holy...mother of god." She reaches up to her ear and contacts Rina. "Hey Rina...you are not going to believe this. There is a freighter out here, crashed into the ground! Plants are all over it so it must be old!"

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
"Whoa! Really? Is there a way in? There could be valuable stuff inside!" She chirps excitedly. Olivia can almost see her in her mind's eye, Rina hopping from foot to foot in excitement, that juicy bubble butt bouncing up and down as she hops... 

Looking around, she can see that there does seem to be an entrance, although it's wedged almost shut with rust. A normal person might not be able to get in, but she, with her flexible bones, just might be able to. 

[Just so you know, this is a small freighter, the same size as a transport vessel, which, I might add, is three times the size of Titan Kaiser in length and breadth both.]

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
She shakes her head, trying to fight that image back...for now. "Yea, I see a way in...though I am going to have to squeeze a bit. Give me a few minutes." She moves over to the door and starts pushing her way inside. "Ooooh, come on you! Tighter than a virgin this is!"

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
With a loud groan of protest and rhe shriek of rusty metal, the door gives way slightly. Olivia is able to squeeze herself in, to find herself in the ship's airlock. The airlock for some reason is wide open, presumably because the previous occupants had managed to escape. That's what she hoped, anyway... 

Past the airlock door, she could see a hallway that went straight ahead, and she could also see that she could go left, which was deeper into the ship, or right, which was presumably towards the bridge. 

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
"Hmmm, we need to go deeper. They wouldn't keep any loot near the air lock...it could get sucked out or easily lifted out." She turns left and heads deeper inside.

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
As she walks, she gets the strange feeling that something is wrong with the ship. In the event of a crash, there would be damage, maybe a few dead bodies, skeletons by this time, but there is nothing... She makes her way to an intersection. She can continue on deeper into the ship, or turn right towards the mess hall. 

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
"Rina, do you hear me? Something is wrong with this place...there is no damage inside and no bodies...I am going to check the mess hall really quick before heading deeper inside." She turns right to he mess.

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
"Huh. That IS rather odd... Maybe they ran out of fuel or something and had to set down here, and then the people had to leave for lack of food?" 

Olivia walks into the mess, and the first thing that catches her eye is a message scrawled onto the wall in something that was black and flaking away. 

The mess is... Well... A mess. There are overturned chairs and tables, and empty food cupboards. The mess itself is quite large, easily able to fit what must have been the ship's entire crew, which must have been less than a hundred people.

She sees that she can go straight ahead through the mess hall to the right side of the ship, or back to where she came. 

received_1042422482484187.jpeg

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
"Look for the Light? What the hell does that mean? Rina, the mess hall has been looted completely. So they left with no intention of returning." She heads further into the mess hall.

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
She sees more of the same. A total mess, and she reaches the other end of the ship. Going left would take her deeper into the ship, and going right would take her back to the bridge. 

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
She turns left and heads deeper into the ship. "Look for the light...is it some sort of code? A warning perhaps? Did they all just go crazy?"

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
"Err... My bet is on the latter. I mean, they had literally nobody else for company!" Rina says. 

After walking for a while, she comes to another intersection. The left leads to what appears to be some sort of a huge lab, and to go deeper would start taking her closer to the reactor cores in the back. Which, oddly enough, hadn't exploded. 

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
"Hello there. Rina I have found something that looks like a lab. i am heading inside to see what sort of dark secrets this might hold. Or it is the medical lab and I am just being silly" She hums as she moves into the lab.

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
It's a weapons lab. Guns of all shapes and sizes line the walls, from handguns to sniper rifles to pretty much everything. At the back of the lab, there seemed to be a large object under a huge cover. 

The guns themselves ranged from laser, energy, and even ballistic weapons that fired old fashioned metal bullets. 

View attachment 4960

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
"Hello there pay dirt! rina, it's a weapons lab with lots of guns. I know a guy who will buy these at a premium if they are worth anything at all!" She starts grabbing up the guns before her eyes fall to object under the cover. "Hang on...there is something covered up in the back. I am checking it out." She slowly walks to the back and removes the tarp.

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
"Awesoooome! Find a big bag or something!" Rina cheers.

When she removes the tarp, she uncovers a huge gun turret. It looks large enough to be mounted on her ship, if she can get it out... From what she can tell, it looks like a pulse cannon, a weapon that is both highly prized and feared in the galaxy. A few shots of the pulse cannon are enough to decimate and enemy ship's shields, and a few more would blast the rest of the ship to smithereens. 

Looking closer, she can see the words Orion Tech engraved in the side of the cannon. 

[Just pretend this thing is large enough to be mounted under the wing of your ship.]

1280x830_5775_Arm_of_Orion_Pulse_Cannon_2d_sci_fi_gun_weapon_picture_image_digital_art.jpg

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
Her jaw nearly hit the floor as she looked at the beast in front of her. "Rina...we have found the mother load! A pulse cannon! A god damn pulse cannon is in here! Ship greade, feared throughout the galaxy as teh bane of all star ships PULSE CANNON!"

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
Rina's screech of "You're fucking kidding me!" Is so loud it nearly deafens Olivia. 

If she could find a large cart, a welder, and some sort of a crane, she could lift the cannon on to the cart, cut the door apart with the welder, and roll the cannon out just far enough for Rina to use the winch to pull the whole thing up into the cargo bay. She noticed that luckily, the turret was already on a cart, now all she had to do was find a welder to cut the door open. But first, there was the matter of exploring the rest of the ship. 

Off to the side, there was a glass door with a biohazard sign emblazoned on the door, and a bright orange Hazmat suit next to it. Were they developing some sort of a biological weapon...?

Alternatively, she could go back and continue ahead to what she assumed would be the crew quarters and rec rooms. 

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
"Rina, honey, you are going to deafen me. Calm down please. I need to find a welder to cut the door open...but I see a hazmat suit. Might be a bio weapon inside. Curiosity states that I check it out." She puts the other guns onto the cart with the pulse cannon before donning the hazmat suit over her body suit and moves inside.

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
The ship is so old that the sanitisation cycle doesn't even run anymore. She just pushes the door open and steps into the lab. 

The bio weapons lab is relatively tiny compared to the huge weapons lab. The whole place is covered in a fine layer of dust. To the right, Olivia can see some sort of a gun on a worktable, along with various mechanical parts scattered around. To the left is the rest of the laboratory. On the right side of the room, she can see a row of giant vats, the contents of which have long dried up. To the left and center is just more worktables. At the back of the room, she can see what appears to be a row of file cabinets. 

images (2).jpg

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
She moves all the way to the back and opens of the file cabinets "Alright boys, tell me what you were doing here!"