New Texas and Marriage

Altair Hayes

Creator
Aug 28, 2015
I know this may seem negligible, but how is marriage perceived on New Texas. I mean, is it even a thing there? It's been kind of bugging me since there's a small inconsistency.

Amma states

“We don’t really do the whole marriage thing on NT."

But then there's this quote from Miscreant Manor

“Just the thing a thirsty farmer needs on the way home to his loving wife.” He chuckles and pulls, snapping the fasteners so that his denim garments fall to the ground. 

I mean, there's no real dilemma here, since it's possible that the farmer moved to New Texas already wed. Or maybe since Amma/Ogram were written by Savin, while Miscreant Manor was written by Fenoxo, that they're just a difference in their perceptions of New Texas.

Or maybe Amma just doesn't wanna commit to marrying Ogram.

But let's be honest here, I may just be making something out of nothing, I'm just looking for a bit of clarity on something so minuscule it probably doesn't matter.

Last edited by a moderator:

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Marriage is probably vanishingly rare (and almost always open to some extent), but it's not outlawed or anything. Besides, married couples could always move to NT after the fact.

Zavos

May 7, 2016
Pretty much what Savin says.  When it comes to NT, anyone will bang anyone if you ask nicely.  There needs to be a basis that can withstand the lack of sexual exclusivity and mental shallowness of the cows for a marriage to really be a thing.  

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
Since we've got a lore thread covering marriage up atm, I'm curious about how marriage works out in UGC space, at least in legal terms. I know that it's probably safe to say that any two individuals above the age of consent for their species can marry, but I'm curious about the government's stance on polygamy, despite personally having few expectations that our Steele will give that many fucks about the UGC's opinion once they inherit their megacorp.

Ethereal Dragon

Aug 28, 2015
Since we've got a lore thread covering marriage up atm, I'm curious about how marriage works out in UGC space, at least in legal terms. I know that it's probably safe to say that any two individuals above the age of consent for their species can marry, but I'm curious about the government's stance on polygamy, despite personally having few expectations that our Steele will give that many fucks about the UGC's opinion once they inherit their megacorp.

I would think they'd be quite open to it. One of the founding members I think even supports it wholeheartedly... Puppysluts (I think). Also being that it's a multi-world gov't type entity they have to apply laws and customs for other races that means if polygamy is a part of a races culture the UGC can't just go in and be prudes and try to snuff the practice out, because A. It would basically be insulting that races culture. B. They'd seriously have to force that race to change, and that wouldn't really work so well if that race was powerful technologically and militarily.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
I feel like Amma and Ogram love each other but are more than open to sharing. With that said it's a little creepy to think about how the Treatment would alter your views on love.

By the way Savin, are Reaha's parents also swingers? Is anyone on New Texas not?

Last edited by a moderator:

jarllee97

Jun 13, 2016
I feel like Amma and Ogram love each other but are more than open to sharing. With that said it's a little creepy to think about how the Treatment would alter your views on love.

By the way Savin, are Reaha's parents also swingers? Is anyone on New Texas not?

Reaha mentions her mom getting fucked by different bulls while she was a kid. I don't even know if her dad was living with her mom. I don't think the treatment fucks with your perception of love, but rather piles on a few effects that make you see sex unrelated to love and just a pleasure outlet.  Lowered inhibitions, weaker cognitive abilities (usually) and increased libido in an environment that encourages sex and general sluttieness

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015

Polygamy/multi-partner marriages of all varieties are perfectly legal in UGC space. Laws may vary by planet.

Reaha's mom is. See below:

Reaha mentions her mom getting fucked by different bulls while she was a kid. I don't even know if her dad was living with her mom. 

I don't think Reaha even knows who her dad is, much less was he living with them. All of her siblings have different fathers.

My personal head-canon is that Big T. is her daddy, but that's probably never going to come up in-game.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
@Savin Well for current alpha bull of the whole planet it wouldn't be hard to convinve any cow to bend over. Only later on sometimes he would call his amazon cow secretary to add another kid to his top secret kid counter that noone know or rather no one of people leaving pernamently on NT wanna to care about...