[Submitted] Jack's Jerky, a Jackalope Transforamtive

Owens

Sep 3, 2016
Hallo all. My first try at creating anything for TiTs, hope I didn't screw up the formatting too badly. I want to put it up here for people to look at, see what needs to be fixed/edited/torn down and rebuilt because it just doesn't work.

General idea: a transformative based on the classic mythical creature, the Jackalope. Basic TF, Jack's Jerky, gives you a rabbit body with deer horns, and some extra bits. The more advanced TF, Jack's Special, has some stat changes, modifies a few of the transformations, and gives deer feet instead. There is also a cold climate variant, intended as a different option form the Huskar cold weather protection.

Base TF: Jack's Jerky
More Deer like version: Jack's Special
Modified for cold climates: Arctic Jack's

And I drafted a manufacturer for the TF. If it doesn't fit, it can be placed under another Corp's product line: JackCorp

Details:
The price is 1000 credits, 1500 for the variants. I've set the base TF and its variants to be sold by Gene for now, plan to move it once the vendor I'm writing is complete. The item itself supports taur, naga, and goo body types (well, can't really support goo, but it has text for the transformation failing to effect goo bodies). Arctic Jack's gives fluffy fur, so you can use it instead of Huskar for Uveto.

If there's anything I'm missing, please let me know and I'll add it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jongeedubs

Owens

Sep 3, 2016
Agh, I cant believe I forgot that. Thanks for the catch. Opening them for comments now.

ShifterDreams

Sep 18, 2015
awesome a jackalope tf item >x3 im sure gonna use this to to become a rabbit though where are you going to have the shop?

Last edited by a moderator:

Owens

Sep 3, 2016
awesome a jackalope tf item >x3 im sure gonna use this to to become a rabbit though where are you going to have the shop?

For now the plan was to be New Texas, by the fields. I realized that the only thing over by the varmint fields is Cameron and and Miscreant Manor, so I figured putting a shop there might help balance out the area. Plus, currently the only item vendor is Ellie, and her shop is crowded with items. The Barbecue Pit and Iced Teats really aren't vendors, in that regard.

NotYouNorI

Aug 26, 2015
Why not Jade in her Fur Effect store on Tavros since its a furry transformation of an imaginary species, which kinda seems out of place on NT

Owens

Sep 3, 2016
Why not Jade in her Fur Effect store on Tavros since its a furry transformation of an imaginary species, which kinda seems out of place on NT

Well, two fold. First, the whole idea of a Jackalope transformation kinda fits with New Texas' western-ish feel, what with the Jackalope being rooted in the mythos of the wild west. It feels, to me, better thematically. Second, I'm not a huge fan of Jade, since her character is rather limited, and I personally find Sera the better vendor on Tavros. This is, admittedly, a personal bias. However, regarding Jade's transformatives, most focus on other races already in the game (Ovir, Gryvain, Kui-Tan, Asuar) or actual animals (Panda, Horse, Cat, Fox). She doesn't really stock mythical creature transforamtives.

NotYouNorI

Aug 26, 2015
Well, two fold. First, the whole idea of a Jackalope transformation kinda fits with New Texas' western-ish feel, what with the Jackalope being rooted in the mythos of the wild west. It feels, to me, better thematically. Second, I'm not a huge fan of Jade, since her character is rather limited, and I personally find Sera the better vendor on Tavros. This is, admittedly, a personal bias. However, regarding Jade's transformatives, most focus on other races already in the game (Ovir, Gryvain, Kui-Tan, Asuar) or actual animals (Panda, Horse, Cat, Fox). She doesn't really stock mythical creature transforamtives.

Understandable, your personal preference aside. Though I still feel that a full on anthropomorphic animal tf on New Texas, whose theme (as I understand it) is more of a bovine ranch/cow-people sex resort theme, rather then the wild west. That theme would actually go to Omorii, the simii (read monkey-people) homeworld. 

In my opinion, Jade would still be a more appropriate choice since her store is supposed to appeal more to people in the "furry fandom" subculture, some members of which choose "fursonas" of the fantastic/mythological variety (dragons, nine-tailed foxes, gryphons, unicorns, ect) 

....also I pretty sure Sera hates anything furry, with a passion.

Owens

Sep 3, 2016
Understandable, your personal preference aside. Though I still feel that a full on anthropomorphic animal tf on New Texas, whose theme (as I understand it) is more of a bovine ranch/cow-people sex resort theme, rather then the wild west. That theme would actually go to Omorii, the simii (read monkey-people) homeworld.

Fair enough. If other people weigh in with the opinion that it shouldn't be on New Texas, I have no problem moving it. However, regarding Omorii, I only found two posts in the forums regarding it (one being this one), and a little bit of reference in Embry's race codex entry. I honestly hadn't heard about it until you brought it up in your post, so I have some trepidation about planning a transformative to be placed there. Besides that, I haven't seen anything posted stating Jim has the planet finished or Fenoxo's plans to implement it (considering Uveto's development hell and the second starter planet already in the works).

....also I pretty sure Sera hates anything furry, with a passion.

Ha, true. I was more stating that I like her better as a vendor than Jade. I never planned to have it sold there.

NotYouNorI

Aug 26, 2015
However, regarding Omorii, I only found two posts in the forums regarding it (one being this one), and a little bit of reference in Embry's race codex entry. I honestly hadn't heard about it until you brought it up in your post, so I have some trepidation about planning a transformative to be placed there. Besides that, I haven't seen anything posted stating Jim has the planet finished or Fenoxo's plans to implement it (considering Uveto's development hell and the second starter planet already in the works).

Well, the thing is, Omorii, while being called the "boonies" by Embry it is not a planet that is part of the current planet rush. In fact, it would be more like Uveto. That said, It is not planned to be an ingame visitable planet and I mentioned it only because, as described by Embry, it is pretty much the wild west in terms of social structure which is not the case with NT (also I've heard that a cowboy-like character from Omorii would appear in the near future)

I didn't really expect you to place it there. Y'know, there is no reason an item can't be sold by multiple vandors. :p

Ethereal Dragon

Aug 28, 2015
Fair enough. If other people weigh in with the opinion that it shouldn't be on New Texas, I have no problem moving it. However, regarding Omorii, I only found two posts in the forums regarding it (one being this one), and a little bit of reference in Embry's race codex entry. I honestly hadn't heard about it until you brought it up in your post, so I have some trepidation about planning a transformative to be placed there. Besides that, I haven't seen anything posted stating Jim has the planet finished or Fenoxo's plans to implement it (considering Uveto's development hell and the second starter planet already in the works).

Ha, true. I was more stating that I like her better as a vendor than Jade. I never planned to have it sold there.

I doubt very much that we'll ever see Omorii as a world. WE might be able to see others of Embry's race but that really depends on if anyone else is willing to write more characters of said race. Atm Embry is the one and only special snowflake of that race. Just like Aurora is the only kawii genius batkid/cub in the game.

Owens

Sep 3, 2016
Well, the thing is, Omorii, while being called the "boonies" by Embry it is not a planet that is part of the current planet rush. In fact, it would be more like Uveto. That said, It is not planned to be an ingame visitable planet and I mentioned it only because, as described by Embry, it is pretty much the wild west in terms of social structure which is not the case with NT (also I've heard that a cowboy-like character from Omorii would appear in the near future)

Ah, makes sense. If that's the case, I guess it could originate there, but I think it would make more sense to originate from earth, being a creature from Terran myths. I mean, I don't know why an Alien race would have turned a Terran myth into a transformative (As I write this, I have the niggling sensation that that's already in the game, and I'll be kicking myself...).

I didn't really expect you to place it there. Y'know, there is no reason an item can't be sold by multiple vandors. :p

That's true. I just wanted it to be available fairly early on, and besides putting it on Tavros, I didn't see where else it would fit. Maybe Tarkus? Or Gene's shop on Myrellion? I dunno. Any thoughts?

I doubt very much that we'll ever see Omorii as a world. WE might be able to see others of Embry's race but that really depends on if anyone else is willing to write more characters of said race. Atm Embry is the one and only special snowflake of that race. Just like Aurora is the only kawii genius batkid/cub in the game.

Well, if it was to originate from Omorii (assuming my above thoughts are incorrect), how hard would it be to write another Simii to be a vendor? Besides the Codex and Embry, is there any info in the forum regarding writing that race?

Owens

Sep 3, 2016
I mean, I don't know why an Alien race would have turned a Terran myth into a transformative (As I write this, I have the niggling sensation that that's already in the game, and I'll be kicking myself...).

Fucking kicking myself as I realize Simii are modified Humans. Argh. Different question: do they retain enough human heritage to know about Jackalopes? Enough to make a TF that would turn one into a creature resembling that myth? Like, if they don't even remember what their bar-code marks mean, would they know what a Jackalope is?

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Simii are not modified humans.

Owens

Sep 3, 2016
Simii are not modified humans.

... uplifted monkeys then? The codex says that they were modified and sent to colonize planets for Terrans (Space Humans), so I interpreted that they were some weird Monkey/Human hybrid. If they're not even part Human, would they even have any Human culture sent with them? Enough to make an archaic mythical creature into a TF?

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Eh, I mean their entire race was manufactured (possibly for testing purposes?) Their DNA was based off of Terran primates, which makes them close to humans.. They probably had their own history, culture, and development. But they still looked (sort of), talked, and acted like humans. Minus the strong resistance to mods.

Owens

Sep 3, 2016
Eh, I mean their entire race was manufactured (possibly for testing purposes?) Their DNA was based off of Terran primates, which makes them close to humans.. They probably had their own history, culture, and development. But they still looked (sort of), talked, and acted like humans. Minus the strong resistance to mods.

Fair enough. Its pretty ambiguous in the Codex. But if that's the case, it would make even less sense for the Simii to be the creators of the Jackalope TF I wrote. Which kinda brings it full circle. It would almost need to be a Terran or Human Offshoot race to make the TF, and if New Texas is sounding like a bad place to put it, where can it go? I mean, short of just loading another vendor onto Tarkus. Like... maybe on Myrellion? And they could serve as contrast to Liriel. Base them in Kressia, have them deal in 'Mythical Creature Hoaxes' or something, as opposed to Liriel's fascination with LGM. And since her selling point is a Retro-futuristic look, you could have this NPC be obsessed with a wild west theme. I dunno. Does that sound crazy to anyone?

K

Krynh

Fair enough. Its pretty ambiguous in the Codex. But if that's the case, it would make even less sense for the Simii to be the creators of the Jackalope TF I wrote. Which kinda brings it full circle. It would almost need to be a Terran or Human Offshoot race to make the TF, and if New Texas is sounding like a bad place to put it, where can it go? I mean, short of just loading another vendor onto Tarkus. Like... maybe on Myrellion? And they could serve as contrast to Liriel. Base them in Kressia, have them deal in 'Mythical Creature Hoaxes' or something, as opposed to Liriel's fascination with LGM. And since her selling point is a Retro-futuristic look, you could have this NPC be obsessed with a wild west theme. I dunno. Does that sound crazy to anyone?

Sounds good having it on myrellion, could say the Npc is from New Wyoming which was settled by people who liked the idea of bringing back the wild west and creating Jackalope.

Last edited:

Owens

Sep 3, 2016
Sounds good having it on myrellion, could say the Npc is from New Wyoming which was settled by people who liked the idea of bringing back the wild west and creating Jackalope.

I searched for New Wyoming on the Forum, Wiki, and the Story Bible and couldn't find it. Is it referenced somewhere? Cause it sounds neat and I'd love to use that.

K

Krynh

I searched for New Wyoming on the Forum, Wiki, and the Story Bible and couldn't find it. Is it referenced somewhere? Cause it sounds neat and I'd love to use that.

If it's not mentioned in those then it doesn't exist yet. No reason I know of why you can't create a codex entry and backstory for the npc and creators of it yourself, seeing as other races worlds are mentioned (just don't expect for it to be made into a visit-able destination )

Last edited:

Owens

Sep 3, 2016
It's it not mentioned in those then it hasn't been made. No reason I know of why you can't create a codex entry for it yourself, seeing as other races  eworlds are mentioned

Alright. If you don't mind me stealing that as the name, I'd love to use it. It sounds perfect for a Human colony planet.

(just don't expect for it to be made into a visit-able destination )

Legit made me chuckle. I am under no such delusions.

K

Krynh

Alright. If you don't mind me stealing that as the name, I'd love to use it. It sounds perfect for a Human colony planet.

Legit made me chuckle. I am under no such delusions.

I don't mind at all. Happy to help supply ideas, and Wyoming almost has it as their official mythological creature. So as good a place as any for your npc to call home.

Last edited:

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Put it on New Canada, next to the Moose people.

Owens

Sep 3, 2016
Put it on New Canada, next to the Moose people.

I went forum diving and found the posts referencing this. That made me chuckle. Though, using what Krynh suggested might fit better, since the Jackalope is 'native' to Wyoming, and we have no idea when New Canada will be put in the works. I have no problem with the transforamtive being sold there, though.

treatedfae

Dec 19, 2015
I really hope that this makes the cut, I've been looking forward to a way to get antlers without save editing for a long time. And rabbit characters are always a good time lol. 

Owens

Sep 3, 2016
I really hope that this makes the cut, I've been looking forward to a way to get antlers without save editing for a long time.

So far, no one seems to have to much of an issue with the transformative itself. I really just need to finish writing the vendor for it, or have the Admins-That-Be stick it into someone else's shop for the time being. Probably Gene. Seems up his alley.

That said, I appreciate the hell out of critique. I cant fix anything if I don't know whats broken.

And rabbit characters are always a good time lol. 

It surprises me that we don't have a rabbit TF yet. I mean, we have Ruskvel, but Raskvel are weird bird/lizard/rabbits aliens. And I have no idea whats the status of the Lapinara TF. So, Jackalopes will have to do for now. *Audible gulp*

Owens

Sep 3, 2016
Update has been added to the first post, will add it here as well:

There is a new variant for the TF: Arctic Jack's. Its makes you thicker than the other variants (Hips, Butt, and Boobs. As well as general Thickness). As such. it doesn't have the reflex gain. Instead, it gives you fluffy fur, letting you survive in cold climates like Uveto. Yay. Also, it currently makes you shorter than the other variants, though this might change later.

Re-balanced some issues between the Special and Base Jack's. Base Jack's now also gives a reflex increase, and the Special does not drop willpower anymore. Also, Specials Hips and Butt are smaller, since Arctic Jack's now exists.

As for what else: I am working on Richard the Fucksquatch. He's a big, burly mountain of a man that is also a mountain man. And he wears red flannel shirts. And may have an alien space cow named Babe. I'm not saying hes a lumberjack or anything. But New Wyoming is shaping up to be a winter-y, forested planet in his talk scenes. At least, parts of it are.

If anyone's got a name suggestion for the native Spidermonkey aliens, I would love to hear it.

K

Krynh

Maybe Alqarad ? It's the first half of the Arabic translation of Spidermonkey. (Chose Arabic at random)

K

Krynh

That clip is terrible (and I don't mean the video quality).

Why not have Jackalopes ? 

Last edited: