We need more silicon

irioth

May 12, 2016
The new Nat Irson content is most welcome (she's pleasant to talk, and a non-bimbo alternative to tame varmints is very useful), but it makes absolutely necessary to make silicon a renewable resource. As things stand, it would be very likely many players with non-bimbo PC would harvest and give all the existing silicon to Gianna or Vi well before they reach Uveto and have a chance to talk to Nat, unfairly locking themselves out of ever taming a varmint. Therefore silicon bags need to become a respawnable resource, at least as long as there is an un-tamed varmint on the PC's starship. I suppose any excess silicon that might be harvested and not disposed of any other way could be sold to Vi, or at least the usual 'I recycle eveything' people in game (Anno, Artie).

Calamity

Aug 15, 2016
I gave all the silicone bags to Gianna before I even knew I could give them to Vi.. kinda regretting that one.

It would be pretty good if silicone could be made renewable, or if we could just buy it somewhere. I mean, silicones are one of the most widely used classes of polymers used ever, with uses in every single field. I'd be surprised if there weren't a store for it *somewhere*

zOh

Oct 29, 2015
Yeah, it makes a ridiculous amount of sense to be able to just buy Silicone.

Reactions: Crablord

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
think I recall somewhere it was mentioned that they were meant to respawn just never implemented. If not it wouldn't be that hard to set up a random timer upon loot, based on days, for another shipment to be lost/scavenged by the varmints.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
You mean silicone right? I mean, I guess Gianna and Vi could get some use out of silicon but...

This is a shitpost please ignore.

Last edited by a moderator:

Raexius

Jul 21, 2019
Yeah I mean, I just did the Fisianna stuff, and one of her shopping scenes directly mentions silicone on the shelves at the electronics store.

Natetheman223

Apr 18, 2018
To be fair - we still do need more silicone.

- 4 silicone from New Texas fields
- 4 silicone from beating Nym-Foe
- 2 silicone from the tank
10 total

Gianna needs 8 silicone to max out everything, giving her more is wasteful.
VI on Myrellion needs 2 silicone to max out.

The only argument for needing more silicone is because you want to tame a varmint. To my knowledge, there's nothing else you can do with it.

Big Papa Coyote

Nov 7, 2015
- 4 silicone from New Texas fields
- 4 silicone from beating Nym-Foe
- 2 silicone from the tank
10 total

Gianna needs 8 silicone to max out everything, giving her more is wasteful.
VI on Myrellion needs 2 silicone to max out.

The only argument for needing more silicone is because you want to tame a varmint. To my knowledge, there's nothing else you can do with it.
Actually, I was unaware of the 2 from the tank and thought there was still only 8. Where's this tank?