Why we love to Fall.

voidrunner

Jun 26, 2016
I like the story and characters, like most everyone else. Another thing I really like is the strip club specialty rooms <3

Oh, and don't forget Aschi (I think I spelled that right >.>)

Shido

Aug 28, 2015
I've played FoE since 0.2k. I always check back for updates on the game when I return from work travels. I honestly can't wait to see a new update for the game and I hope everything is going well for Alder and the rest of the team. Still waiting on a arachnid companion. ;)

I will be leaving soon due to work again and hopefully there may be some progress made on the game. Even if not I am a very patient person and I will always be rooting for you guys and the next wave of updates it come. ^.^

Tempestfury

May 28, 2016
I’m pretty new to FoE, but I’m finding myself to be enjoying it much, much more than I ever enjoyed CoC. The Party System is a great addition honestly, and whilst you’ve had people fight with you CoC, they never seemed to be much help. I like the idea of your companions actually being helpful in terms of combat, instead of just being romantic interested.

Not to mention the story is a lot more enthralling. The name ‘Fall of Eden’ is a bit of a misnomer, as we’re trying to stop that from happening, instead of it happening whilst we’re there. But fighting against corruption is better than trying to slay the queen after she has won imo. It leaves for much greatly and wonderful areas... and I bet that plane hopping is indeed planned to be part of the story eventually.

I will admit that one of favourite parts of the game is the themed room though. I love the different stories, and I really wish we they were more fleshed out.

Still, am I to understand that FoE hasn’t been updated in a long while now due to irl issues?

Last edited by a moderator:

voidrunner

Jun 26, 2016
[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]I’m pretty new to FoE, but I’m finding myself to be enjoying it much, much more than I ever enjoyed CoC. The Party System is a great addition honestly, and whilst you’ve had people fight with you CoC, they never seemed to be much help. I like the idea of your companions actually being helpful in terms of combat, instead of just being romantic interested.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Not to mention the story is a lot more enthralling. The name ‘Fall of Eden’ is a bit of a misnomer, as we’re trying to stop that from happening, instead of it happening whilst we’re there. But fighting against corruption is better than trying to slay the queen after she has won imo. It leaves for much greatly and wonderful areas... and I bet that plane hopping is indeed planned to be part of the story eventually.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]I will admit that one of favourite parts of the game is the themed room though. I love the different stories, and I really wish we they were more fleshed out. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Still, am I to understand that FoE hasn’t been updated in a long while now due to irl issues?[/SIZE]

That is correct

Tempestfury

May 28, 2016
Okay, no longer have the text black against black...

A pity, a fantasy game like this interests me much more than the sci-fi adventure that TiTs is...

voidrunner

Jun 26, 2016
Thank you for changing the font color, that was a bit hard to read.

I agree, while I like TiTS, it is a shame FoE got put on hiatus, however, there's nothing we can really do but wish Alder luck with the things he has to deal with.

Tempestfury

May 28, 2016
Mhmmm. I wouldn't mind giving him a hand with writing if he asks for it, but that's all I can do. Offer support where and how I can.

argenten

Sep 9, 2015
Mhmmm. I wouldn't mind giving him a hand with writing if he asks for it, but that's all I can do. Offer support where and how I can.

I'm pretty sure it's not the writing that's the issue but coding and overall story/game work, LD and TO seem to have the writing part down pat.

LukaDoc

Scientist
Creator
Aug 27, 2015
Actually, depending on their skills, more writers could be a good thing.

Now I'm sorry if I'm going to be rude, but here's why we'd never ask anyone: You need a hella lot of drive to write stuff for any game. What happens if you write someone central to the main story and then you disappear as many other writers do?

This is not something everyone has, and just the fact that you have to be asked to do it, it already puts said drive in question.

argenten

Sep 9, 2015
Actually, depending on their skills, more writers could be a good thing.

Now I'm sorry if I'm going to be rude, but here's why we'd never ask anyone: You need a hella lot of drive to write stuff for any game. What happens if you write someone central to the main story and then you disappear as many other writers do?

This is not something everyone has, and just the fact that you have to be asked to do it, it already puts said drive in question.

Mhm, people underestimate the amount of focus writing takes period, let alone stuff for a text based game with over 10 followers all of which can be affected by more than 50 TF types minimum. That's where I am weak I'll admit right off the bat, I can write pretty damn well if I may be bold, but that level of detail adjustment/awareness makes writing for any character a lot more complex.

LD is also completely right about long term drive being needed. In the writing world, both published and FF, a great killer is lack of followthrough, as CoC proves when certain characters didn't get finished for one reason or another. You need to be truly invested in the game as well as the characters you are writing, anything less comes out in the work noticeably, see the CoC mod for some stuff in it like the Behemoth.

Akhter13

Aug 30, 2015
I suggest you try something from here https://fenoxo.com/forum/index.php?/topic/319-foe-bounty-board/  

Pick the one you find most interesting, you will need that interest, then make your options flow chart.

Check the chart cover such things as: cock/cock+vagina/vagina/null, multi-cock, chest type, skin type, odd legs [knees?/naga/goo], taurs, sub/dom, companion/party-time...

All that remains is to write something good and hot.

Submit it and see if it passes mustard.

[As a courtesy could you not choose Brainy Bunny Win. Over the last 6 months, I have been trying to knock something together for that one, no one said it was easy.]

argenten

Sep 9, 2015
I suggest you try something from here https://fenoxo.com/forum/index.php?/topic/319-foe-bounty-board/  

Pick the one you find most interesting, you will need that interest, then make your options flow chart.

Check the chart cover such things as: cock/cock+vagina/vagina/null, multi-cock, chest type, skin type, odd legs [knees?/naga/goo], taurs, sub/dom, companion/party-time...

All that remains is to write something good and hot.

Submit it and see if it passes mustard.

[As a courtesy could you not choose Brainy Bunny Win. Over the last 6 months, I have been trying to knock something together for that one, no one said it was easy.]

Very true, it also helps if you play/read the related scenes that are of a similar bent to give one an idea if writing the scene on the bounty board will be doable or not.

ElAcechador

May 7, 2016
It's made in Javascript, unlike CoC and TiTS, meaning I can write something like this...

var FuncCatalog = (_.invert(_.pickBy(TF.ItemEffects, function(val){return typeof val === "function"})));

for(var item in _.pickBy(Items, function(value){return value instanceof TFItem})){
console.log(Items[item].name);

if (!Items[item].effects) {
console.log("\t" + "Not defined as an effect list");
}
Items[item].effects.forEach(function(effect){
var effectLine = "\t";
var effectName = FuncCatalog[effect.func];

if (effectName === undefined) {
effectLine += "CUSTOM EFFECT";
} else {
effectLine += effectName;
}

if (effect.opts) {
if (effect.opts.race) {
effectLine += " => " + effect.opts.race.name;
}

if(effect.opts.ideal){
effectLine += " => " + effect.opts.ideal;
if (effect.opts.count || effect.opts.max) {
effectLine += " by steps of " + (effect.opts.count || effect.opts.max);
}
}

if (effect.opts.odds) {
effectLine += " (" + (effect.opts.odds * 100) + "%)";
}
} else {
effectLine += " (No parameters)"
}
console.log(effectLine);

})
}

...paste it in and get a complete list of all the TF items in the game and what they do. No need to mess arround with a save editor there, it's all there.

argenten

Sep 9, 2015
It's made in Javascript, unlike CoC and TiTS, meaning I can write something like this...

var FuncCatalog = (_.invert(_.pickBy(TF.ItemEffects, function(val){return typeof val === "function"})));

for(var item in _.pickBy(Items, function(value){return value instanceof TFItem})){
console.log(Items[item].name);

if (!Items[item].effects) {
console.log("\t" + "Not defined as an effect list");
}
Items[item].effects.forEach(function(effect){
var effectLine = "\t";
var effectName = FuncCatalog[effect.func];

if (effectName === undefined) {
effectLine += "CUSTOM EFFECT";
} else {
effectLine += effectName;
}

if (effect.opts) {
if (effect.opts.race) {
effectLine += " => " + effect.opts.race.name;
}

if(effect.opts.ideal){
effectLine += " => " + effect.opts.ideal;
if (effect.opts.count || effect.opts.max) {
effectLine += " by steps of " + (effect.opts.count || effect.opts.max);
}
}

if (effect.opts.odds) {
effectLine += " (" + (effect.opts.odds * 100) + "%)";
}
} else {
effectLine += " (No parameters)"
}
console.log(effectLine);

})
}

...paste it in and get a complete list of all the TF items in the game and what they do. No need to mess arround with a save editor there, it's all there.

That's actually pretty impressive...do you do coding? Cause I think that would help Alder immensely to have be the only person able to do it. Not pushing, just curious.

ElAcechador

May 7, 2016
That's actually pretty impressive...do you do coding? Cause I think that would help Alder immensely to have be the only person able to do it. Not pushing, just curious.

One of the last changes in the current codebase includes a few changes I did to the alchemy system a few months back. As for helping Alder, well... I suppose I could work on closing a few issues here and there on git, but I just haven't found the time lately. I was going to do something about this issue, but then I had to put it on ice, the game went on hiatus and I kinda lost motivation.

It's fun to play around the code, tough, see all the things you can do like that.

argenten

Sep 9, 2015
One of the last changes in the current codebase includes a few changes I did to the alchemy system a few months back. As for helping Alder, well... I suppose I could work on closing a few issues here and there on git, but I just haven't found the time lately. I was going to do something about this issue, but then I had to put it on ice, the game went on hiatus and I kinda lost motivation.

It's fun to play around the code, tough, see all the things you can do like that.

Thanks for the help with the alchemy stuff and I can totally relate to things getting too busy. I actually encountered that same issue that you linked myself a week back in trying to boost my male PC's fertility so it's still a thing. 

I can't blame you for losing motivation for the game when the creator was feeling down as well, if you managed to have the time in the future though and felt up to it, I know that I personally would appreciate anything you could do to help.

ElAcechador

May 7, 2016
Thanks for the help with the alchemy stuff and I can totally relate to things getting too busy. I actually encountered that same issue that you linked myself a week back in trying to boost my male PC's fertility so it's still a thing. 

I can't blame you for losing motivation for the game when the creator was feeling down as well, if you managed to have the time in the future though and felt up to it, I know that I personally would appreciate anything you could do to help.

Heh, thanks. Then again, it's not like I needed external motivation, y'know? We've all had that same issue at one point or another trying to min-max our chars, it's all about finding an elegent way to fix it.

argenten

Sep 9, 2015
Heh, thanks. Then again, it's not like I needed external motivation, y'know? We've all had that same issue at one point or another trying to min-max our chars, it's all about finding an elegent way to fix it.

I'm crappy at coding so I'll take your word for it :p but yeah, I could have definitely used that for the stat upgrades from various potions. Still, the flexibility of the TF system and how relatively easy it is to gather/find ingredients is another point in the game's favor. Game getting put first over fetish is a very positive sign.

trademark2

Sep 13, 2015
i like the demonic corruption aspect! i hope i can become a full demon later on in the game. I hope what happened to TITs doesnt happen here though, it had a good start and got ruined by a flood of NPCs and no monster content(my opinion). Please don't add NPCs to that extent. Not every NPC has to be fuckable either. just my two cents :)  .

MOST OF ALL I REALLY LOVE THE OPENING ITS SO FUCKING GOOD (where you meet a demoness and she partially transforms you). 

and wow kias picture is sooo cuuute.