Nostalgia.

ThatOneJester

Nov 14, 2015
So far all I've done all day, is watch old cartoons and such that I remember watching when I was growing up.

I started with 1 whole season of Johnny Bravo.

Now I'm watching Darkstalkers: Revenge, which was an animated cartoon/anime for the Darkstalkers video game franchise.

Anybody else have that show they loved growing up?

I personally would recommend rewatching some of it, just because? <3

shadefalcon

Oct 13, 2015
Teen titans

X-men evolution

Samurai Jack (I´m gonna rewatch the whole show when they release the new season :D )

I might update the list when I remember other ones...so many tho...

ThatOneJester

Nov 14, 2015
Teen titans

X-men evolution

Samurai Jack (I´m gonna rewatch the whole show when they release the new season :D )

I might update the list when I remember other ones...so many tho...

X-Men evolution was a great one, but I still remember the X-Men animated series. xD

Reptillicus

Jun 30, 2016
I have two in particular

the adventures of sonic the hedgehog

and the sonic at Saturday morning cartoon known as satAM

ThatOneJester

Nov 14, 2015
I have two in particular

the adventures of sonic the hedgehog

and the sonic at Saturday morning cartoon known as satAM

Both those were pretty great.

Although I mostly remember the first one, more than the second...

Sonic used to be a huge thing, that kids could be proud to like.

I feel sorry for how it went down the toilet, all because the developers of the game series tried to kill Sonic.

Unfortunately Sonic is a fuckin zombie of something, since he won't stay dead... xD

That show was a little before my time. But I have in fact watched one episode of it.

Well I'm only 23 (24 on July 30th), so I don't think it was a rather old show?

I guess I'm just a sucker for the classics! ;)  

Reptillicus

Jun 30, 2016
as the tf2 solider once said, you'll take this from me when you tear it from my cold dead hands, but even then good luck! because i will have glued it to my cold dead hands.

that's how i feel about my favorite blue blur being the die hard sonic fan i am. but that's another topic

anyway i also really liked 

dexters lab and the powerpuff girls 

ThatOneJester

Nov 14, 2015
as the tf2 solider once said, you'll take this from me when you tear it from my cold dead hands, but even then good luck! because i will have glued it to my cold dead hands.

that's how i feel about my favorite blue blur being the die hard sonic fan i am. but that's another topic

anyway i also really liked 

dexters lab and the powerpuff girls 

The_Justice_Friends.gif

Enigmatic D

Aug 27, 2015
I kinda went back and watched Jimmy Neutron and Hey Arnold. I'll also add Ed, Edd n Eddy along with Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends.

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
I could type of so many cartoons I watched when I was a kid. But if I had to narrow down the list to a single one and exclude anime... I'd pick up Gargoyles.

Number13

Aug 26, 2015
It's hard to choose, but if I chose a single choice like Kesil, I going to say SpongeBob Squarepants.

Corivas

Aug 29, 2015
Other than the shows already stated, I actually grew up watching Naruto too. Of course I don't watch it anymore, but it's something I watched.

Ethereal Dragon

Aug 28, 2015
One word...

Toonami (I think I spelled that right... I am not sure.) And I'm talking about the old one from back during the late 90s to early 2000s

Some serious nostalgia of course is when I crack into the first three seasons of digimon.

also... I know some people will probably laugh others might not :p Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, none of the current crap they show on TV now.

Last edited by a moderator:

ThatOneJester

Nov 14, 2015
spongebob

rugrats

puffi ami yummi

and teen titans...

The original Teen Titans shows was amazing, and I also slightly remember how great Puffi Ami Yumi was.

Fuck you Kaz....

One word...

Toonami (I think I spelled that right... I am not sure.) And I'm talking about the old one from back during the late 90s to early 2000s

Some serious nostalgia of course is when I crack into the first three seasons of digimon.

also... I know some people will probably laugh others might not :p Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, none of the current crap they show on TV now.

I had a ton of the black rangers toys growing up!! xD  

I even had a stretch Armstrong Ooze toy. :)  

MESeele

Aug 26, 2015
Sonic (SatAM) and Mighty Max were my favourites, but I also have fond memories of Bucky o'hare, Mummies Alive, TMNT and 90s Xmen and Spiderman (jeez his life sucked). I wasn't super big on transformers but I loved the movie and I bawled when Optimus died.

Digimon was awesome...until they started power rangering (4th season?). MMPR did it better. I remember owning the green ranger zord that could transform and merge with the megazord to form the super megazord. I think I even had the flute dagger.

Anyone remember the other sentai that tried for a piece of the power ranger pie- Big Bad Beetle Borgs and VR Troopers?

Ethereal Dragon

Aug 28, 2015
Sonic (SatAM) and Mighty Max were my favourites, but I also have fond memories of Bucky o'hare, Mummies Alive, TMNT and 90s Xmen and Spiderman (jeez his life sucked). I wasn't super big on transformers but I loved the movie and I bawled when Optimus died.

Digimon was awesome...until they started power rangering (4th season?). MMPR did it better. I remember owning the green ranger zord that could transform and merge with the megazord to form the super megazord. I think I even had the flute dagger.

Anyone remember the other sentai that tried for a piece of the power ranger pie- Big Bad Beetle Borgs and VR Troopers?

YES! Oh don't forget Super Human Samurai!

What's even funnier is that one of the friends I have I met through playing a online game had a radio studio and started playing music clips from various shows and I and several others were talking to him through TeamSpeak. I surprised everyone by naming off all the shows they were from xD

Last edited by a moderator:

Zaku

Aug 28, 2015
Does it just have to be cartoons? I have a few that aren't.

For cartoons, it'd be Rugrats, Doug, and the original Teen Titans. For others, I'd choose Beakman's World and Bill Nyne the Science Guy. Shame you can't get the Beakman on Netflix… 

MESeele

Aug 26, 2015
I am ashamed. I can't believe I forgot about Reboot and Beast Wars! (or Beasties for we Canadians)

Reboot's animation doesn't hold up anymore (expected from the first CG tv series that also predated Toy Story), but damn if it still doesn't compete. Just shows how weak the writing in most animated shows are now. Ahhhh, I rewatched the whole series 5-6 times on YTV (so many rewinds), getting really frustrated that I missed the last episodes every freaking time. Wasn't till the internet that I discovered there were none, and the show was just canned... (forgive me for gushing a little)

And Beasties was just great. Beast Machines was... eh. Oh, and Shadow Raiders was pretty alright. "I'm just a miner." Amiright?... Anyone?

L

Lawleious

I shed a tear reading this cheers lads :p  (Consider the following!)

ThatOneJester

Nov 14, 2015
So many oldies shows like for me.

I'm so proud of this forum... T wT