Think-tank: Adding new races, TFs and locations to CoC

Liadri

Aug 28, 2015
Im currently making going Gargoyle a thing.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Im currently making going Gargoyle a thing.

Heh you already done core of it :p It just now need polishing and making sure Savin will not be unhappy at us for this addition ^^

Now I'm a bit confused: Did you mix up wyvernScore() with the actual transformation?

I was actually talking about the TF and changes += 3 would only make sense to me, if 3 body parts TF at once.

Well yeah I think it mix up for me when you was talking about ++ and += 2 that are stuff used in racial scores in code -_-'

But even in vanilla CoC (I hope I not making huge mistake now lol) there was two sizes of wings for many species and to this I reffered with this += 3. Well then to not make it too confusing jsut count as much point to give for how many body parts will be needed to changed at once to get wyvern wings.

Stadler

Jun 21, 2016
But even in vanilla CoC (I hope I not making huge mistake now lol) there was two sizes of wings for many species and to this I reffered with this += 3. Well then to not make it too confusing jsut count as much point to give for how many body parts will be needed to changed at once to get wyvern wings.

Yeah and since wyvern-TF and bat-TF are the only TFs that TF both arms AND wings synchronized I'll use changes += 2
Additionally I'll raise the changeLimit by 1 aka changeLimit++ as another exemption

As for reverting wyvern and bat arms I'll use the following approach:

Using pseudo code here:

• Step 1: If (bat_wings OR wyvern_wings) { arms = human_arms; claws = human_fingernails; wings = none; changes += 2; changeLimit++; }
  • Step 2: if (NEITHER bat_wings NOR wyvern_wings) { /* the usual arm and claw TF as its already in the code */ }

For both step I'll probably write helper functions:
PlayerHelper.as: public function hasArmWings():Boolean { // returns true if the player has any wingType, where the wings are attached to the arms.
Note, that I ignore the arms in that function. I'll just Keep It Simple and Stupid (aka KISS-principle) and assume, that arms are always the correct (wing-)arms and silently fix incorrect (wing-)arms. The latter should be a very rare condition anyway, so I just ignore that fact. Make life much easier.

MutationsHelper.as: public function restoreWingArms(changes:Number, changeLimit:Number):Number { /* See Step 1 */ return localChanges; }

... mmh, now that I think of it: I guess I'll do a quick and dirty rewrite and convert changes and changeLimit to public propertys in MutationsHelper.as and always use them instead of defining them as local vars in every damn method that uses these.

Result:

changes += restoreArms(changes, changeLimit);

becomes

restoreArms();

PS: Please just ignore me, if you didn't understand, what I'm up to. I'm just saying, what I'm thinking while taking an hour or so writing this post.
You can always look at my PRs, when I'm finished with that anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stadler

Jun 21, 2016
@Coalsack: Just saw that you're working on Anzu. And since you're adding deities: How about adding Quetzalcoatl too? Would be naga lower body + (green?) scaly skin + rainbow colored feather hair and wings. The face TF would remove your neck and attach it to your torso, thus relocating it or maybe even relocated.

Well, just a random idea, that came up.
[Edit:]Ok, I admit, that I already had that idea. Did you notice the maya temple I've added to my location idea "The Jungle"? ;)

Stadler

Jun 21, 2016
Snake-like I think. And I don't want them to be just lamias with feather hair and wings. Anyway: Its a random idea so its still somewhat incomplete ^^

Coalsack

Aug 28, 2015
Well, I created Anzu inspired on the deity of the same name, based on my knowledge about Mesopotamian mythology. Quetzalcoatl belongs to my country local mythology, so i can assure you, his face design look indeed, like a snake.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
@Stadler Yeah I get this in your post. Also I been thinking. You linked TF card at Revamp Trello and since this thread supposed to be generaly about races to be added in either mod what you think about linking my mod trello card for new TF items too? Here is link for it in case you want to add it: New TF potions

Zavos

May 7, 2016
New Area: Dark University

A center of demon culture, serving as residence to individuals that place focus on intellectual pursuits over lustful distractions. 

The PC can enter peacefully and violently

Peacefully:  PC needs to beat a gatekeeper at a magic duel (Attack and tease disabled,) absurd amounts of hp even on low difficulties, lust win or endurence

Violently. PC defeats the gatekeeper to enter the school by force. 

IF entered peacefully, university serves as another town.  shop sells infused lethite piercings (peirced: infused lethite:cuts might/heal backfire to 5%), wizard robes, wizard's pole (40% wizard's focus, seduction tease (PC plants pole and dances around it a bit)), black books.  Can also interact with other students, maybe add another corrupt follower.  I'm sure people can come up with ideas

IF entered violently: university becomes an area with just hostile encounters.  Magic wielding semi demonic class cannons, possibly good for xp/gem grind but not much else. 

Also, just one small, unrelated suggestion, make a empowered whisker fruit that grants a second tail.  I play mages mostly in CoC, flexability is the only racial bonus worth having for magic users.  It would be awesome if i could be a proper Nekomata. 

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
New Area: Dark University

A center of demon culture, serving as residence to individuals that place focus on intellectual pursuits over lustful distractions. 

The PC can enter peacefully and violently

Peacefully:  PC needs to beat a gatekeeper at a magic duel (Attack and tease disabled,) absurd amounts of hp even on low difficulties, lust win or endurence

Violently. PC defeats the gatekeeper to enter the school by force. 

IF entered peacefully, university serves as another town.  shop sells infused lethite piercings (peirced: infused lethite:cuts might/heal backfire to 5%), wizard robes, wizard's pole (40% wizard's focus, seduction tease (PC plants pole and dances around it a bit)), black books.  Can also interact with other students, maybe add another corrupt follower.  I'm sure people can come up with ideas

IF entered violently: university becomes an area with just hostile encounters.  Magic wielding semi demonic class cannons, possibly good for xp/gem grind but not much else. 

Also, just one small, unrelated suggestion, make a empowered whisker fruit that grants a second tail.  I play mages mostly in CoC, flexability is the only racial bonus worth having for magic users.  It would be awesome if i could be a proper Nekomata. 

Whole idea may be fitting with eventualy small adjustment for place found by exploring Blight Ridge (which is for now only one let call it full native demon territory).

About Nekomata you should seen my mod trllo card for new TF items. There is nekomata Tf there and I I got quite much set up idea how would they work and etc. - only needed is to write needed stuff for TF and their specials (I hope you not mind seeing them use ice related attacks/specials).

FerrousFlint

Mar 14, 2016
Pfft, I'm still, after THREE YEARS of playing this game, hoping against hope that somebody - ANYBODY -  can make fucking Labova a reality, not just npcs, not just marble as a "model" of her race, but as a fully interactive and encounterable  race of monsters to battle, fuck, and breed with like the minotaur (especially these bastards), goblins, and any other monster in the game.

But barring that, I'd say mermaids, fishpeople, or scylla.

Stadler

Jun 21, 2016
Since more and more suggestions come in I suggest, that you point me to your main post of a suggestion. That would make life easier for both of us, since you don't have to wait for me to update the thread starter, if you had some new ideas and it saves me a lot of work xD

I have something in my mind for merfolk: See this post.

@Stadler Yeah I get this in your post. Also I been thinking. You linked TF card at Revamp Trello and since this thread supposed to be generaly about races to be added in either mod what you think about linking my mod trello card for new TF items too? Here is link for it in case you want to add it: New TF potions

Yep, some of these are quite useful. e. g. Unicornum and Centaurinum. (Its a sheer pita, when you're trying to become a herm alicorn-taur even with debugging turned on) With these 2 this would make your life easier. TF to harpy wings. Back to horse. Use Unicornum (=> Alicorn). Use Centaurinum (=>Alicorn-taur)

[Edit:] Oh, and I'd suggest adding Super Taurinum (short: SuperTaur) to your list. Would be Taurinum enhanced by Lumi I think.
My  approach would be: Adding a type param to the method taurinum, Would act like Taurinum if you have 2 legs and occasionally add two more legs, if you have 4 legs

Code:
if (type == 1 && player.isTaur() && player.legCount < 6 && rand(3) == 0) {
	outputText("[...]");
	player.legCount = 6;
}

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Yep, some of these are quite useful. e. g. Unicornum and Centaurinum. (Its a sheer pita, when you're trying to become a herm alicorn-taur even with debugging turned on) With these 2 this would make your life easier. TF to harpy wings. Back to horse. Use Unicornum (=> Alicorn). Use Centaurinum (=>Alicorn-taur)

Well fact that Alicornum/Unicornum giving PC horse body parts and Centaurinum giving PC all body parts below waist (so lower body, tail and genitalia in case of males) that is also horse ones it's quite easy way to get alicorn/unicorn taurs. Still such a shame that game not properly support vag type like it doing for cock types :/ I put in code in AppDesc file around 3-4 types of them but till I get to implementing this they would be jsut unused for now half finished stuff there.

Stadler

Jun 21, 2016
I've just edited my post suggesting Super Taurinum. ;)

I think Alicornum won't be needed and I think it would make life a bit too easy :) You want to be an Alicorn? Then you have visit the harpys (or Benoit) first ^^
My approach to Centaurinum would be the following for the existing taurinum-method:

if (type == 2 && player.isTaur() && player.lowerBody != LOWER_BODY_TYPE_HOOFED && rand(3) == 0) {
// Centaurinum TFs you to become a taur first and then occasionally (rand(3) == 0) grants you hoofs
outputText("[...]");
player.lowerBody = LOWER_BODY_TYPE_HOOFED;
}

Oh and I just forgot to mention: New PR filed: new skinType implementation for dragon scales. Makes life easier, if it is being planned to add new scale-types in the future, e. g. fish scales.

Coalsack

Aug 28, 2015
By now, there can be

-Snake scales/ Fish scales  /Dragon scales /Lizard scales, each one with their own perk

-Snake scales give a +10 spd boost

-Fish ones recover HP when near or inside the water

-Dragon scales give a +10 toughness boost

-Lizard ones give a +5 spd and +5 toughness boost

Those are only ideas

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
About adding tons of new skin/sclaes types...I not sure how would it affect code. INgame it would look fine but jungling this in code may be triclky unless you got super tiny easy solusion to do this. Well would wait and see...you probably would suprise me anyway ^^

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Those links was pointed at me other person? Also I kind of sad you just talked about thread been for general for mods disscussion about races, TF items and etc. and then ignore all mods that aren't Revamp :(

Stadler

Jun 21, 2016
I thought, that you're merging all updates from CoC Revamp into your mod?
Anyway: Feel free to share your thoughts about that. I just wanted to point out, that I already made some considerations about that. ;)
I'm not excluding you or your mod, but for now I focus on CoC Revamp. Other mod writers are invited to backport my PRs and everything from my mod, if they intend to.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
I think I didn't aside some minor changes merged anything from Revamp since...since Wuxia mod started few months ago. I know I should at least merge bugfixes but there is always more important things to do. Well I would eventualy get to merge all fixes I think maybe even before end of this year probably.

As for those things under those links would reply here since on those two places...for particular reason I won't reply there.

I not thing it would be wate of time that thing you proposed there. Even if I know you kinda not want to hear about chitin type skin for any race so far ^^ Well still using method you desc anyone else can do this and for any other skin type changes in their mods.

Hades

May 24, 2016
Pfft, I'm still, after THREE YEARS of playing this game, hoping against hope that somebody - ANYBODY -  can make fucking Labova a reality, not just npcs, not just marble as a "model" of her race, but as a fully interactive and encounterable  race of monsters to battle, fuck, and breed with like the minotaur (especially these bastards), goblins, and any other monster in the game.

I'd be so down to write scenes for Bovine encounters. They are my favorite but the niche isn't really filled by German gimmick and femdom miltank. 

I'll get writing on the encounter and either present it to @Stadler or @Kitteh6660

Casilias

Aug 30, 2015
Just thought of another TF while exploring the desert, why not having a TF for Sphinxes (still trying to think of an area for it/how to obtain it)

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
I'd be so down to write scenes for Bovine encounters. They are my favorite but the niche isn't really filled by German gimmick and femdom miltank. 

I'll get writing on the encounter and either present it to @Stadler or @Kitteh6660

What what about me lol  :smugdog: Am I not good enough to eventualy present it to me?

Not like I planned some Glacial version of Lacta Bovina npc to been found in GR lol ^^

But that after I ressurect some of Richarde I think almost or already completed project.

But I also agree on point that we're in terrible shortage of female counterpart for minos to fight.

Just thought of another TF while exploring the desert, why not having a TF for Sphinxes (still trying to think of an area for it/how to obtain it)

There is plans for sphinx TF and I bet most probably source now without adding some new npc would be Sanura - sphinx guardian of Sand Witches dung.

Stadler

Jun 21, 2016
I think I didn't aside some minor changes merged anything from Revamp since...since Wuxia mod started few months ago. I know I should at least merge bugfixes but there is always more important things to do. Well I would eventualy get to merge all fixes I think maybe even before end of this year probably.

The main reason for that issue and that post over at Trello is to point the devs to my plans. :) I hope, that more devs share their thoughts, although I doubt, that anyone would be against that. I believe my SKIN_TYPE_*-refactor was a good start to clear up the spaghetti code even more.

Even if I know you kinda not want to hear about chitin type skin for any race so far ^^

Never said that ;) AFAIR I only wanted scorps with human skin and face with the arms, feet, and tail being that of a scorpion and with a carapace.

Ants for example should have an insectile skin aka carapace, an ant face and ant antennae.

[Edit:]
PS: I'm busy with my mod atm, so no updates to the main post soon.
PPS: Everyone with ideas could do me a real favor to point me to your posts about your idea. I'll start pointing to these posts in the future rather than bloating up the main post more and more.
For example: @Ormael: Why don't you copy&paste, what I've written about Mantises into a post solely for them for starters? :)

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Never said that ;) AFAIR I only wanted scorps with human skin and face with the arms, feet, and tail being that of a scorpion and with a carapace.

Ants for example should have an insectile skin aka carapace, an ant face and ant antennae.

[Edit:]
PS: I'm busy with my mod atm, so no updates to the main post soon.
PPS: Everyone with ideas could do me a real favor to point me to your posts about your idea. I'll start pointing to these posts in the future rather than bloating up the main post more and more.
For example: @Ormael: Why don't you copy&paste, what I've written about Mantises into a post solely for them for starters? :)

I still no tdecided too how much of scorpion-morphs would be covered in chitin. If only some body parts then no need for skin flag. This TF gdoc that was linked got no more stuff written than Scorpinum form Xianxia mod (so I think it's still opened debate how much chitin covered we want scorpions to be).

@Stadler Sure I can do post for mntises but you in exchange add that link for my mod TF items trello card. ;)

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Ok so after I eat some grilled chiken would make this post ;)

Any other post you think I should make aside of Mantises? Maybe one about scorpions and about jurrasic forest?

Stadler

Jun 21, 2016
Ok so after I eat some grilled chiken would make this post ;)

Any other post you think I should make aside of Mantises? Maybe one about scorpions and about jurrasic forest?

mmh, why not. But: How bout naming it The Jungle? I'm still not certain, what we should use for dinos. Jurassic Forest? Solitaire/Offshore Island (/me pointing at ARK: Survival Evolved)?

FerrousFlint

Mar 14, 2016

Bad. Ass. I'd like to take a look at a few drafts if you'd like .

What what about me lol  :smugdog: Am I not good enough to eventualy present it to me?

Not like I planned some Glacial version of Lacta Bovina npc to been found in GR lol ^^

But that after I ressurect some of Richarde I think almost or already completed project.

But I also agree on point that we're in terrible shortage of female counterpart for minos to fight.

Terrible? Try, abysmal. Not to knock Marble, and Isabella was nothing more than tf'd, but I never felt like we had a CLEAR vision of Labova, and I mean aggressive, wild, bestial labova. Not civilized, kind-hearted girlfriend-types, Marble had her moments but still she never really jumped out at me as an interesting character in that regard until her purity quest came in. I also wish DM kept that tragic ending to her addiction quest, I always thought that would've solidified her character, despite how dark it was.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Mantis (TF and race)

• Pictures: Mantis (MGE)
  • The Scythes:

Stadler quoting me: "About mantis arms I think it would be mostly pure raw dmg oriented. I mean technicaly mantis fingers wouldn't be much use and more their scythes so taking into acount they are sharp and mantises would be moving slight faster than other races it would mean their raw attack power should be higher. At cost of not having any other bonuses their will trade it with having much higher base atk value."
  • Stadler opinion: Your hands/fingers shouldn't fully TF to mantis scythes, since that would lead to a bad end. Either they are attached to their hands (See the MGE Entry) or two fingers on each hand TFed to their scythes with the remaining fingers remaining intact.

Bicorn (TF)

Scylla (TF and race)

• Location: not set yet but probably Lake, Beach, Ocean surface, Deep Sea
  • Pictures: Scylla - MGE
  • TF: Black(Grey/White) Ink - it would make PC turn into half human (but with slippery skin) and half octopus (lower body) form that can use ink to temporaly blind/disable(stun) enemy or jsut use tentacle legs in similar way like naga.

Kraken (race and possible TF too)

Jurassic Forest (Location)

• Discovered by: Random Exploration, Deep Forest Exploration, Bog Exploration, Plains Exploration or ?
  • Races: Raptors, T-Rexes
  • NPCs: ?
  • Places: ?

Battlefield (Location)

• Discivered by: Random Exploration
  • Races: Golems, Kitsunes, Nekomants
  • NPCs: ?
  • Places: ?

EDIT: Well so far I think this three entries I can move to different post so you can remove them and just link this post at main post (and also add this trello link too >.<).

@Stadler As for dino location I may lean toward island like location. But as you thinking about giving connection to Ark I'm thinking about making connection to JP vers so...Nubira Island or something related to this. This been said if it island it mean it found at least by PC finding Ocean. So that would for sure imply high lvl enemeis there. So I got this train of thoughts: Desert > Beach > Ocean/Island (with dino-morphs) eventualy Desert > Beach > Ocean > Island (with dino-morphs) I would be more after first option since that mean enemies there would be slight lower and more important PC could faster get there and possible get new waifu/husbando from there (I dare to disbelive that noone of players wants to have in camp dino-morph as camp member ^^)