Chakat specie must be changed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 29, 2016
The chakat specie must be changed to felitaur for two reasons.

Chakats were created by Bernard Doove a.k.a Chakat Goldfur in the chakat universe, and so is a copyrighted specie.

The caracteristics you can have in Tits doesn't match the chakat description (link below). For those who don't want to read the full description here are some of their main features:

-they are all herm

-their testicules are internal

-they have a human-like penis

-their vagina is tightly closed and requires conscious effort to open

-they have a long and prehensile tail

-their breasts contain "milkwater" when not lactating, and their milk contain an hormone that induce lactation to others chakats.

-their forepaws are modified as handpaws 

-their are empath, which means they can detect, share and project emotions.

The chakat's den link: http://chakat.com/index.html

Full chakat description: http://chakat.com/Intro.html

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
-they are all herm

Check.

-their testicules are internal

Check.

-they have a human-like penis

Okay, not here.

-their vagina is tightly closed and requires conscious effort to open

Not implementable in the game.

-they have a long and prehensile tail

Check.

-their breasts contain "milkwater" when not lactating, and their milk contain an hormone that induce lactation to others chakats.

Two types of lactation would require a bit overcomplicated mechanics.

-their forepaws are modified as handpaws

Mentioned in the TF scene. Not implementable in game mechanics.

-their are empath, which means they can detect, share and project emotions.

How should it work in the game?

Don't forget, it is not an original race, it is a TF. They oftenly has differences with an original race. It's not even original TF, it's modification, and "chakat" option is only accessible by intentional causing of the malfunction. So only possibly valid argument is "copyrighted". Can't say anything about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 29, 2016
While some caracteristics are here they're not all here, and a chakat is supposed to have all those caracteristics. As such, there is no reason to use "chakat" as a specie instead of "felitaur".

Also, copyright is indeed the most important part. As Savin said elswhere we can't use other people species.

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
While some caracteristics are here they're not all here, and a chakat is supposed to have all those caracteristics. As such, there is no reason to use "chakat" as a specie instead of "felitaur".

By the game race detection rules, no. There is some (arbitrarily set) threshold, which is never 100%.

Jun 29, 2016
By the game race detection rules, no. There is some (arbitrarily set) threshold, which is never 100%.

That's why it bothers me. The "canon chakat" description is precise and having just a few elements missing makes me think it's not a chakat.

As a side note, the chakat description goes well beyond a physical description. Chakats have a history, customs, a typical behaviour and all of this doesn't fit in Tits. In my opinion, those things are as important as the physical description when it comes to a created specie. You can't take a specie out of it's universe, put it in another universe and say it's the same because the history, custom and behaviour doesn't make sense anymore in a new universe.

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
That's why it bothers me. The "canon chakat" description is precise and having just a few elements missing makes me think it's not a chakat.

As a side note, the chakat description goes well beyond a physical description. Chakats have a history, customs, a typical behaviour and all of this doesn't fit in Tits. In my opinion, those things are as important as the physical description when it comes to a created specie. You can't take a specie out of it's universe, put it in another universe and say it's the same because the history, custom and behaviour doesn't make sense anymore in a new universe.

That's where you are wrong. You can't be a chakat. You can be a human (or half-human with human upbringing) who has transformed into chakat-morph. Who've used altered transformative with inappropriate control software. Of course, you'll be something different, both mentally and physically.

Jun 29, 2016
That's where you are wrong. You can't be a chakat. You can be a human (or half-human with human upbringing) who has transformed into chakat-morph. Who've used altered transformative with inappropriate control software. Of course, you'll be something different, both mentally and physically.

I see your point. We can have a "chakat body" but not "be a chakat". 

However, there is still the issue of the belonging of the chakat specie in Tits. How are chakats supposed to exist in Tits? By that I mean chakats aren't a generic specie and the word chakat itself doesn't make sense outside it's universe.

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
I see your point. We can have a "chakat body" but not "be a chakat". 

However, there is still the issue of the belonging of the chakat specie in Tits. How are chakats supposed to exist in Tits? By that I mean chakats aren't a generic specie and the word chakat itself doesn't make sense outside it's universe.

The TiTS world is based on our real world. And it is implied that all currently existing fiction exists in TiTS verse. Including all that related to the chakat lore. So, on early colonization stages, when altered colonists were in trend, is it strange if someone tried to use an idea from the old science fiction book?

Jun 29, 2016
The TiTS world is based on our real world. And it is implied that all currently existing fiction exists in TiTS verse. Including all that related to the chakat lore. So, on early colonization stages, when altered colonists were in trend, is it strange if someone tried to use an idea from the old science fiction book?

Okay. I didn't know every fiction was considered as existing in Tits. However, saying "all fictions exist in Tits" doesn't mean anything can be in Tits. Otherwise, sergals would already be in the game. So we're back to the copyright problem.

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Okay. I didn't know every fiction was considered as existing in Tits. However, saying "all fictions exist in Tits" doesn't mean anything can be in Tits. Otherwise, sergals would already be in the game. So we're back to the copyright problem.

Well, this question is outside of my expertise. Have no idea how US copyright system is actually working and what is considered fair use there. Though, as much as I heard recently, "fair use" is dead...

Jun 29, 2016
Well, this question is outside of my expertise. Have no idea how US copyright system is actually working and what is considered fair use there. Though, as much as I heard recently, "fair use" is dead...

I consider it to be the same thing than sergals by that they're both furry created species. That's why I think we should change the chakat specie name. It's not a big deal for the game anyway, it's just changing a specie name for something more generic.

Status
Not open for further replies.