The wonders of console gaming.

ThatOneJester

Nov 14, 2015
So I plan to get an Xbox One if I can at the end of July, right after my birthday on July 30th.

I already have a plan on what games I want to get, but I was wondering.

Can anyone tell me of any must buys I should get?

Here is my current list, of games I plan to get eventually:

Sword Coast Legends - This games reminds me of a lot of games I grew up playing on the PS1/PS2, such as Darkstone, and the Champions series.

Dead Island 2 - I have been waiting for this game for awhile after playing the others in the same series.

7 Days to Die - I love most games that involve surviving a zombie apocalypse, and this one combines that with a Minecraft kind of aspect.

Ark Survival evolved - As an immature person, nothing is better than Dinosaurs when you think of things that are awesome? (Plus I love survival games).

Lichdom: Battlemage - This kind of reminded of both Elderscrolls Morrowind, and Arx Fatalis for the original Xbox.

Rainbow Six Siege - A lot of my friends have this, and I have heard good things about it.

Well I tend to enjoy any games that aren't sports games, since I prefer going to do the actual sport than playing it with a controller...

Please help me update my collection of games, okay? <3

Number13

Aug 26, 2015
I can only partially help you, as I have a PS4, so I can only recommend games that are on both consoles.

Games I recommend (that are out) include:

Bloodborne

Dark Souls III

Fallout 4

The Witcher 3

Doom

Final Fantasy XV (out in September)

Assassin's Creed Syndicate

Batman: Arkham Knight'

Far Cry 4 or Primal

And likely a lot of other games.

ThatOneJester

Nov 14, 2015
I can only partially help you, as I have a PS4, so I can only recommend games that are on both consoles.

Bloodborne

Dark Souls III

Fallout 4

The Witcher 3

Doom

Far Cry 4 or Primal

I've so far beaten Dark Souls 1/2, and Demon Souls.

So Dark souls 3 seems interesting, as does Bloodborne (already planning on getting Salt and Sanctuary as well)/

In boredom I already finished an entire LP on Youtube of the Witcher 3 from my favorite Youtuber.

Same for Doom regarding the situation above, although I may play it for nostalgia sake.

I don't really care for the Far cry series?

I lost interest in the final fantasy series after they made Shiva into a motorcycle in Final Fantasy 13.

I may buy Syndicate on a spur of the moment decision at some later date.

Finally, how does Arkham Knight play?

I never looked into that series, so at most I know a spoiler about how the Joker was a pushover of a final boss.

Number13

Aug 26, 2015
Arkham Knight is pretty good. They use many elements from the Batman series to make the game, although it is a continuation from previous games, but can be played as a stand alone title easily. Joker was a pushover final boss for the first game. It's also fun getting to brutally beat up many of the characters......Harvey Dent was underwhelming in this game though.

Syndicate is probably the third best AC game after II and Black Flag/Rogue. You can also get Black Flag if you want to play a pirate.

And FFXV is much better than the crap that was 13 (Just look at the FFXV trailer)......nearly everyone agreed that FF13 was pure crap and possibly the worst in the series.

Ruri

Apr 26, 2016

Bloodborne

Dark Souls III

Fallout 4

The Witcher 3

Doom

Far Cry 4 or Primal

Bloodborne is PS4 exclusive. 

ThatOneJester

Nov 14, 2015
Bloodborne is PS4 exclusive. 

Oh nooo.jpg

Arkham Knight is pretty good. They use many elements from the Batman series to make the game, although it is a continuation from previous games, but can be played as a stand alone title easily. Joker was a pushover final boss for the first game. It's also fun getting to brutally beat up many of the characters......Harvey Dent was underwhelming in this game though.

Syndicate is probably the third best AC game after II and Black Flag/Rogue. You can also get Black Flag if you want to play a pirate.

And FFXV is much better than the crap that was 13 (Just look at the FFXV trailer)......nearly everyone agreed that FF13 was pure crap and possibly the worst in the series.

Yea I just might get Arkham Knight eventually.

Also Final Fantasy XV looks great as well, but the main reason I now want to play it is in the link below (If I got the link to work that is).

http://cdn.bgr.com/2016/03/final-fantasy-xv-release-date.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Zavos

May 7, 2016
FF13 is love or hate, with more quirks then most other FF games.  On one hand, a great many people revile it.  On the other hand, its one of the few FFs to get its own trilogy. 

Put it behind you and look to the future of FF, where they will hopefully not repeat past mistakes. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Name62

Oct 21, 2015
So I plan to get an Xbox One if I can at the end of July, right after my birthday on July 30th.

I already have a plan on what games I want to get, but I was wondering.

Can anyone tell me of any must buys I should get?

Here is my current list, of games I plan to get eventually:

Sword Coast Legends - This games reminds me of a lot of games I grew up playing on the PS1/PS2, such as Darkstone, and the Champions series.

Dead Island 2 - I have been waiting for this game for awhile after playing the others in the same series.

7 Days to Die - I love most games that involve surviving a zombie apocalypse, and this one combines that with a Minecraft kind of aspect.

Ark Survival evolved - As an immature person, nothing is better than Dinosaurs when you think of things that are awesome? (Plus I love survival games).

Lichdom: Battlemage - This kind of reminded of both Elderscrolls Morrowind, and Arx Fatalis for the original Xbox.

Rainbow Six Siege - A lot of my friends have this, and I have heard good things about it.

Well I tend to enjoy any games that aren't sports games, since I prefer going to do the actual sport than playing it with a controller...

Please help me update my collection of games, okay? <3

Dishonored 2
Fallout 4
Metro redux ( if you haven't played the metro games )
Gears of war 4
Halo : master chief collection (for story mode since multiplayer is garbage)
(Must buy) witcher 3
Gta v