How do you even get credits in this game?

FlashFuchsia

Jun 22, 2016
I've just started the game and I can't figure out how to get credits. I can only see shops you can spend them in. You don't get credits from getting kills and the stuff enemies drop all sells for 0 credits.

PyrateHyena

Oct 13, 2015
While on Mhen'ga you can sell the stuff that Zil drop to Burt at the Mead Hall.

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
As soon as the game starts you find you can whore yourself out on Tavros in Beth's just by exploring before running straight to Mhen'ga

TheHiddenOne

Sep 14, 2015
As soon as the game starts you find you can whore yourself out on Tavros in Beth's just by exploring before running straight to Mhen'ga

Well, that would require a rather high initial investment - and you need to rest a lot since the ammount of customers is limited.

Also, you need to be female to work at Beth.

On topic:

Aside from the Zill-rations and honey (which are worth 50 - 100Credits to Burt) you can also finish the Dr. Allister side-quest (2x 1000credits) find a deposit of minerals (5000credits, lower part)

win money against Syri (needs either luck or very good aim) and if you can get the probe and sell it you get (I think) 20k credits.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
On topic:

Aside from the Zill-rations and honey (which are worth 50 - 100Credits to Burt) you can also finish the Dr. Allister side-quest (2x 1000credits) find a deposit of minerals (5000credits, lower part)

win money against Anno (needs either luck or very good aim) and if you can get the probe and sell it you get (I think) 20k credits.

That is Anno sister actualy going by name Syri ;) and her reward is 100 credits per win. There was also recently due to Tarkus and Myrellion possible selling of probes added option to sell probe at Mhen'ga (but that would be some a lil far away option but still giving most income till PC moves to candy land of Tarkus :shibe: )

TheHiddenOne

Sep 14, 2015
That is Anno sister actualy going by name Syri ;) and her reward is 100 credits per win. There was also recently due to Tarkus and Myrellion possible selling of probes added option to sell probe at Mhen'ga (but that would be some a lil far away option but still giving most income till PC moves to candy land of Tarkus :shibe: )

I'm actually bad with names, so i confused poor Syri with her sister - even though I prefer her over Anno x_x

Thanks for correcting me ^_^

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
I'm actually bad with names, so i confused poor Syri with her sister - even though I prefer her over Anno x_x

Thanks for correcting me ^_^

Yea no worry as long you not took offence of me correcting you. I also been puzzle for longer moment wher does Anno come out and then I figured out you meantioned the wrong Dogma sister ^^

About been bad with names for long time I keep messing up Briha name and she's one of my fav npc -_-'

Trogdor

Apr 10, 2016
I've just started the game and I can't figure out how to get credits. I can only see shops you can spend them in. You don't get credits from getting kills and the stuff enemies drop all sells for 0 credits.

Best thing you can do at the start of the game is save your money. You start with a melee weapon, a gun, and a shield. This should be sufficient for you to grind a few levels on Zil, Naleen, and Kerokas in the northen forest of Mhen'ga.

While you're doing that, hopefully one of them will drop a 'primitive bow'. Once you have that piece of crap, head back to town and head into the scout authority building. Having the bow will unlock a conversation with the scout leader. Keep spamming his 'bow training' over and over - he will eventually teach you a powerful SKILL (concussive arrows - stuns enemies for 1-2 turns) and then give you a powerful bow. Once you have that, you should be strong enough to head into the deep jungle for the next step.

Now, head into the southeast corner of the map. On the western edge of that southeastern area, if you can make it past the Vanae, you'll find a camp - this is both the place where you can activate the beacon to unlock the quick travel point, and you can press a 'search' button at this location to obtain a powerful piece of armor. Not only does it have powerful lust resistances, its airtight property will make you immune to many lust attacks enemies try to use on you - effectively making them waste a turn.

Once that's done, if you don't fancy the bow (keep it around anyway - that stun skill is pretty powerful, especially if you don't yet have a lot of other combat skills, and it only works with bows) you can use your bow to easily complete Crazy Carl's quest by stunlocking the robot, and obtain a ZK rifle. If you're going Melee, you'll earn a decent melee weapon if you can defeat Dane, but you probably won't be doing that until you're pretty much done exploring everything there is to do on Mhen'ga. If you don't want to fight Dane for whatever reason, save your money and buy a Rocket Hammer on Tarkus, the next planet. There's really nothing worth buying on Mhen'ga unless you want to buy a slightly more powerful shield generator from the nurse droid, but you can get a better one by doing the distress call to rescue Saendra once you hit level 4.

Like others mentioned, though, credits become much easier to come by once you hit Tarkus - the enemies start dropping wrenches and stuff you can sell for decent money. If you're a gambler, you can buy the mysterious scrap from the male raskvel encounters and hope you come out ahead.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
If you're a gambler, you can buy the mysterious scrap from the male raskvel encounters and hope you come out ahead.

PC not need to be gambler if player looked at wiki. There is clear table of what drops would cost for each tarkus shoopkeepers making it easy to figure out which way to go. Especialy since checking each merchant makes it impossible to sell it after talking about those junk items second time. SO it's more like first time deal or no deal ever.

Trogdor

Apr 10, 2016
PC not need to be gambler if player looked at wiki. There is clear table of what drops would cost for each tarkus shoopkeepers making it easy to figure out which way to go. Especialy since checking each merchant makes it impossible to sell it after talking about those junk items second time. SO it's more like first time deal or no deal ever.

The gamble is 'will I be able to sell this item for more than I bought it for'. Sometimes the item costs more than you can resell it for.

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
The gamble is 'will I be able to sell this item for more than I bought it for'. Sometimes the item costs more than you can resell it for.

And Ormael is saying after the first failed sell you can't try with that buyer again. I've not tested it but even then there's only 3 people to try, once you know who to sell what to (there's a theme) then there's no loss.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015

As I meantioned there is set table what item found at tarkus wastelands each mearchant by for so it will be always like for item A 200 credtis at shekka or 400 at Colenso. You just need to look at wiki fi you want to know where to go right away getting one of those items.

Magic Ted

Forum God
Aug 26, 2015
Random jungle creatures from a primitive, freshly colonized world of mixed sentience do not drop the galactic standard bank notes. As you continue your travels some people might drop the galactic standard bank notes, which you then upload to your bank account somehow how does that make sense fucking sci-fi RPGs but until that time you can make do by selling vendor trash which you collect here and there.

Money is certainly an issue, however, especially if you want to change up your mug too. It'll become less of a road block, though you can get by without buying a damn thing really.

Trogdor

Apr 10, 2016
And Ormael is saying after the first failed sell you can't try with that buyer again. I've not tested it but even then there's only 3 people to try, once you know who to sell what to (there's a theme) then there's no loss.

As I meantioned there is set table what item found at tarkus wastelands each mearchant by for so it will be always like for item A 200 credtis at shekka or 400 at Colenso. You just need to look at wiki fi you want to know where to go right away getting one of those items.

Both of you are confused, I think.

The raskvel sell various scrap items for 100-1000 Credits. How much they sell it for has nothing to do with its value, which is a random number between 5 and 2000 Credits, assigned upon purchase, that can additionally be modified by who Steele takes it to.

If you buy the thing for 1000 credits and the game assigns the item a value of 5 credits, it won't matter who you sell it to, you'll still have paid much more for the item than you get back. Hence, it's a gamble.

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
Both of you are confused, I think.

If you buy the thing for 1000 credits and the game assigns the item a value of 5 credits, it won't matter who you sell it to, you'll still have paid much more for the item than you get back. Hence, it's a gamble.

No, see, if you sell it to the right person you always make bank. You don't just hawk it off to any random retailer, you give it to Shekka, Anno, or Colenso. Depending on the type of item they'll buy for a good or poor price. Shekka buys androids, she'll take any robo-parts and spaceship for Auroroa for 1.75x the price you paid the raskvel, Colenso the chest for 1.5x, and Anno only the data core for 1.75x. It doesn't matter what the "price" of the item is when it's in your inventory.

Trogdor

Apr 10, 2016
No, see, if you sell it to the right person you always make bank. You don't just hawk it off to any random retailer, you give it to Shekka, Anno, or Colenso. Depending on the type of item they'll buy for a good or poor price. Shekka buys androids, she'll take any robo-parts and spaceship for Auroroa for 1.75x the price you paid the raskvel, Colenso the chest for 1.5x, and Anno only the data core for 1.75x. It doesn't matter what the "price" of the item is when it's in your inventory.

That's not how it works man. They're key items.

How much they sell it for has nothing to do with its value, which is a random number between 5 and 2000 Credits, assigned upon purchase, that can additionally be modified by who Steele takes it to. These items will show up in the inventory under Key Items.

You can't sell a key item to any old vendor. It assigns the item a random value and its sell price = (value) x (markup or markdown rate)

Unless the wiki is wrong/outdated. I haven't actually looked at the code to see how it actually works right at this very moment.

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
pc.credits += Math.round(getRaskLootPrice()*1.75)

There, do you believe me now? I knew this before even going to look for the code, no matter what I always made bank. 

Trogdor

Apr 10, 2016
pc.credits += Math.round(getRaskLootPrice()*1.75)

There, do you believe me now? I knew this before even going to look for the code, no matter what I always made bank. 

No, I don't, because the actual functions coincide to what it says on the wiki.

output("\n\n<i>“So! We’re offering you a deal of a lifetime,”</i> leers the biggest. <i>“For you, our offworlder friend, we’re willing to let you have it for a mere " + gudDealPrice + " credits.”</i>");
output("\n\n<i>“A pittance, you lucky alien,”</i> groans the medium-sized one. <i>“Go on, snatch it out of our poor hands before we offer it to the next random soul that chances upon us.”</i>");
output("\n\nYou squint up at the ");
if(raskLootType == 0) output("locked metal chest");
else if(raskLootType == 1) output("spaceship part");
else if(raskLootType == 2) output("antique android");
else output("blocky data-core");
output(" the one furthest away is holding. It <i>could</i> be valuable, you suppose....");
processTime(4);
//[Buy It] [Don’t]
clearMenu();
if (pc.credits >= gudDealPrice) addButton(0, "Buy It", buySomeJankJunkJunk, [raskLootType, gudDealPrice], "Buy It", "Buy the offered prize.");

So you click the buy it button, it calls buySomeJankJunkJunk()

public function buySomeJankJunkJunk(lootType:Array):void
{
clearOutput();
showRaskGang();
output("<i>“You’ve got a deal,”</i> you say, plucking a blank credit chit from your belt.");
output("\n\n<i>“What, really?”</i> chokes the middle one.");
output("\n\n<i>“Shut up! Here you go, offworlder,”</i> says the third, clambering down and carefully handing over his find for the money. He helps you strap it to your back.");
output("\n\n<i>“Take it back to Novahome,”</i> chuckles the first. <i>“Any junk dealer will buy it off you for twice, thrice the price.”</i>");
output("\n\nThat sense of heartiness that hovers somewhere between maliciousness and friendliness persists as you bid the raskvel goodbye. You just hope you’re the one laughing once you get your purchase back to Novahome.");
var actualPrice:int = 5 + rand(2001);
if(lootType[0] == 0) pc.createKeyItem("Locked Metal Chest",actualPrice,0,0,0);
if(lootType[0] == 1) pc.createKeyItem("Some Sort of Shining Spaceship Part",actualPrice,0,0,0);
if(lootType[0] == 2) pc.createKeyItem("Intact, Antique Android",actualPrice,0,0,0);
if(lootType[0] == 3) pc.createKeyItem("Bulky Data-Core",actualPrice,0,0,0);
pc.credits -= lootType[1];
processTime(3);
output("\n\n(<b>Gained Key Item: ");
var raskLootType:int = getRaskLootType();
if(raskLootType == 0) output("Locked Metal Chest");
else if(raskLootType == 1) output("Spaceship Part");
else if(raskLootType == 2) output("Antique Android");
else output("Blocky Data-core");
output("</b> - You can try to sell this to one of the vendors back onboard Novahome.)");

processTime(7);
clearMenu();
addButton(0,"Next",mainGameMenu);

and initializes int actualprice = 5 + rand(2001); as the value of the item. You can see that this variable is what's included as an argument for each pc.createKeyItem, which is then returned and multiplied when it calls getRaskLootPrice().

public function getRaskLootPrice():int
{
return pc.keyItemv1("Locked Metal Chest") + pc.keyItemv1("Some Sort of Shining Spaceship Part") + pc.keyItemv1("Intact, Antique Android") + pc.keyItemv1("Bulky Data-Core");
}

Keyitemv1 being actualPrice.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
That's still approximately 3,500 credits on average, no?

Trogdor

Apr 10, 2016
That's still approximately 3,500 credits on average, no?

Assuming your average sell price was 1000 credits (as the range is between 0 and 2k, basically) and your average multiplier was 1.69 and your average cost was 550 (as the range is 100-1000), you would average a net profit of

(1000 x 1.69) - 550 = ~1138 credits..

However, again, it is possible that you could end up losing money on any given transaction.

In any case, once you've made about 50k and have access to Myrellion, you can grab the Salamander Longcoat, Thermal Underwear, an armor with +fire resist on it, and a decent weapon, you can come back to Tarkus and challenge Dr. Lash, kick his butt as many times as you like for a million credits a pop, and never have to worry about money again.