[[PROJECT CLOSED AND UNDERGOING CHANGES]] Mephisto's Tower, A massive 18+ RPG

lightningshifter

Aug 27, 2015
lol what exactly were you thinking? a battle system similar to the Ys series of games? freeform combat? or were you trying to emulate something more along the lines of CoC, TiTS and FoE?

Actually I've seen several examples of Ys style combat with modified rpgmaker already. It's pretty cool stuff if done right. Some examples are Crosscode, Devil Sealing Stone, Secrets of Grindea, and if you wanted one from the hentai category of games now I would go with Violated Heroine. Hell, Violated Heroine even went so far as to include animated sex with monsters and humans (Pixel art and drawn), they made the free style zelda-like combat work in such a way that you not only have hp but you have clothes that can be stripped and torn off during combat.  The point is that it can be done but it takes a lot of effort and a lot of time to get a system like that off the ground. Especially if you're going to replace the default encounter system.

Joshua Kurayami

Mar 28, 2016
As many as I can fit in. Probably as much as CoC. Its something I have to plan down the line.

Lol, proof of concept people. I have a lot planned for this game. Only way to go is up from here.

But towers can also go the other way round.

In all seriousness, is transformation going to be included? if so, how heavy?

Last edited by a moderator:

DarkPrinceCyril

Sep 19, 2015
1. It doesn't right now. I lost to an Imp and it gave me a gameover.

2. Not technically with Javascript, but I can handle what you need for RPG Maker quite well, especially with a lot of scripts out.

I said next version. Don't worry I know how poorly balanced everything is and I am going to work to fix it.

Actually I've seen several examples of Ys style combat with modified rpgmaker already. It's pretty cool stuff if done right. Some examples are Crosscode, Devil Sealing Stone, Secrets of Grindea, and if you wanted one from the hentai category of games now I would go with Violated Heroine. Hell, Violated Heroine even went so far as to include animated sex with monsters and humans (Pixel art and drawn), they made the free style zelda-like combat work in such a way that you not only have hp but you have clothes that can be stripped and torn off during combat.  The point is that it can be done but it takes a lot of effort and a lot of time to get a system like that off the ground. Especially if you're going to replace the default encounter system.

Im going to go traditional RPG, its just going to be hard to implement a few of my ideas since Im not that great at making plugins so I may need help creating the Lust system, the Corruption/Purity system, and maybe a few others.

But towers can also go the other way round.

In all seriousness, is transformation going to be included? if so, how heavy?

I don't have plans for transformation at the moment but I am considering it. If I do add transformations it is going to get its own update and it will take A LOT of time.

I must say i love it. The whole concept of it cant wait to see more

Glad you like it~!

MotoKuchoma

Nov 3, 2015
Im going to go traditional RPG, its just going to be hard to implement a few of my ideas since Im not that great at making plugins so I may need help creating the Lust system, the Corruption/Purity system, and maybe a few others.

I can help you. I tried contacting you on Skype. Best would be if you give me a good idea on what you want in the game. Also, you might have to limit your scope considering the huge amount of things you're tackling at once here.

DarkPrinceCyril

Sep 19, 2015
I can help you. I tried contacting you on Skype. Best would be if you give me a good idea on what you want in the game. Also, you might have to limit your scope considering the huge amount of things you're tackling at once here.

I think I might be okay for now. I managed to think up some ways to incorporate what I want. I'll let you know if I do hit a roadblock.

MotoKuchoma

Nov 3, 2015
I think I might be okay for now. I managed to think up some ways to incorporate what I want. I'll let you know if I do hit a roadblock.

I'm not technically an artist but I can use a 3D model creator + poser to cook up a lot of still images if they're humanoid.

karunama

Apr 17, 2016
Oh boy I can't wait.

Soon soon or Blizzard soon?

That's 'Soon (tm)'.  Can't forget the trademark.

Edit; Clarification for DarkPrinceCyril since he didn't seem to get the reference; Blizzard is (or was, back when i still frequented their forums) notorious for hinting at future releases and only giving a release date of Soon (tm).  Soon could be anything from tomorrow to next year, although their standard line is that it means 'when it's ready and not a minute before'.

MotoKuchoma

Nov 3, 2015
That's 'Soon (tm)'.  Can't forget the trademark.

Edit; Clarification for DarkPrinceCyril since he didn't seem to get the reference; Blizzard is (or was, back when i still frequented their forums) notorious for hinting at future releases and only giving a release date of Soon (tm).  Soon could be anything from tomorrow to next year, although their standard line is that it means 'when it's ready and not a minute before'.

More so, instead of saying like "It'll release on Wednesday" etc. they usually are on Wednesday and be like "remember this thing we announced? It's done, get it now".

DarkPrinceCyril

Sep 19, 2015
Finished Goblin Defeat scenes, one for each gender. These are just drafts to test out the length of them and how they flow in RPG Maker. That and I will probably go back and make them read better afterwards. After all that, I just have to do the victory scenes. *sigh* Soooo muuuuch wooork.

karunama

Apr 17, 2016
Finished Goblin Defeat scenes, one for each gender. These are just drafts to test out the length of them and how they flow in RPG Maker. That and I will probably go back and make them read better afterwards. After all that, I just have to do the victory scenes. *sigh* Soooo muuuuch wooork.

yoouuu caaaan dooooo iiiiiit

MotoKuchoma

Nov 3, 2015

CoC had dozens of contributors and took 5 years to complete, so making a similar game with its scope is bound to take long. So you might wanna limit your scope here to a feasible amount of work.

mrttao

Aug 31, 2015
CoC had dozens of contributors and took 5 years to complete, so making a similar game with its scope is bound to take long. So you might wanna limit your scope here to a feasible amount of work.

CoC was abandoned halfway through, so the 5 years figure is not accurate. And most of those dozen contributors wrote a scene or two.

There are a few who were rather prolific and wrote large swaths of the game, but it wasn't really the work of dozens.

That being said, your core point about not being overly ambitious is sound, even if you exaggerated it

DarkPrinceCyril

Sep 19, 2015
Just thought I'd say, the project has not died or anything. I'm just getting through writing the encounters before I move on to develop more content.

karunama

Apr 17, 2016
No worries. Btw, will there eventually be beefier male enemies than the imps?

xyzabc198

May 4, 2016
Just thought I'd say hi, wanting to make sure development is still progressing and it hasn't died, as it's gone a little bit quiet for a while xD

DarkPrinceCyril

Sep 19, 2015
It's been a long time, but I am finally getting back to working on Mephisto's Tower. One of the things that was off putting and daunting about this project was writing the erotica. So I have decided that for now I am going to focus on the story aspects of the game. Later on I may consider employing the help of you lovely people to get some raunchy sex scenes written for the enemies and such. I plan to have an update out eventually so be patient. I am going to be working as best as I can to write a good story for this game.

DarkPrinceCyril

Sep 19, 2015
Just thought I'd say hi, wanting to make sure development is still progressing and it hasn't died, as it's gone a little bit quiet for a while xD

Nope the game isn't dead. I just got distracted by other projects. I am getting back into developing MT now that college has started. I need something to pass the time.