So, who here collects waifu- I mean anime figures?

Ruri

Apr 26, 2016
I have around 18, 2 Nendoroid figurines, 4 Figma figurines, and the rest being regular statuettes of various animu/game waifus. 

Corivas

Aug 29, 2015
I have the three Fire Emblem figurines if that counts.

I'm thinking about getting more figurines in the anime variety very soon.

FerrousFlint

Mar 14, 2016
I can't say I haven't been tempted to buy some, but I feel it'd cross some boundary I don't want to, like I'm not that much of a anime fan I'll go out and buy that kind of specific merch. I'll buy mech figures no problem, I've been buying gundam models since Wing, I've even gotten ones from promotional games, like Fire Emblem, Fantasy Star, and Xenoblade. But I see those figurines from J-list and the want is strong, but think I about them looking at me with their giant silent glare and it's just "bleeeeeeaaahhh, what have I done with my life."

Ruri

Apr 26, 2016
I have the three Fire Emblem figurines if that counts.

I'm thinking about getting more figurines in the anime variety very soon.

Trap ahead, therefore try rear.

I can't say I haven't been tempted to buy some, but I feel it'd cross some boundary I don't want to, like I'm not that much of a anime fan I'll go out and buy that kind of specific merch. I'll buy mech figures no problem, I've been buying gundam models since Wing, I've even gotten ones from promotional games, like Fire Emblem, Fantasy Star, and Xenoblade. But I see those figurines from J-list and the want is strong, but think I about them looking at me with their giant silent glare and it's just "bleeeeeeaaahhh, what have I done with my life."

The waifu lifestyle is not for everybody, it takes dedication akin to that of a monk.

MESeele

Aug 26, 2015
"Collect" might be a bit strong, but I do have some. I got an old Asuka music box from a coworker almost a decade ago, and that formed incentive to buy a few more. I have another couple Asukas, a couple human-form angels (Zeruel and Tabris), 1 Mercedes (Odin Sphere), and 1 Eri (School Rumble❤).

Ruri

Apr 26, 2016
"Collect" might be a bit strong, but I do have some. I got an old Asuka music box from a coworker almost a decade ago, and that formed incentive to buy a few more. I have another couple Asukas, a couple human-form angels (Zeruel and Tabris), 1 Mercedes (Odin Sphere), and 1 Eri (School Rumble❤).

My collection isn't a hobby per se, if I enjoy an anime I kinda feel obligated to get some merch of it to commemorate that it was a good show.

MESeele

Aug 26, 2015
My collection isn't a hobby per se, if I enjoy an anime I kinda feel obligated to get some merch of it to commemorate that it was a good show.

I see. Wasn't razzing you btw.

If you had to pick 3-5, which are your faves?

Ruri

Apr 26, 2016
I see. Wasn't razzing you btw.

If you had to pick 3-5, which are your faves?

Anime? Oh boy...

Penguin Musume Heart

My Little Sister Can't Be This Cute

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Working!!

Puella Magi Madoka Magica

MESeele

Aug 26, 2015
Penguin's the only one I haven't seen or read. From a quick wiki check, it seems a little similar to Haruhi?

MESeele

Aug 26, 2015
I suppose I'll go find out myself then *hmph* :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Kei

Aug 29, 2015
I've got 2 Aeriths, 2 Clouds, 1 Rei from Evangelion and a Saber from the Fate series. And a ton of random pokemons =3