The Coceter Chronicles (RPGMakerMV)

Hoboy

Mar 31, 2016
That's the thing - something changed from the last 2 versions to now, as I never had to do anything like that before...as I've been putting these in folders marked with the version number I'll have to add this code for every update going forward?

I'm beginning to understand some of the negative comments about MV.At first I was overjoyed - at last I can play RPGs on my Mac! But it seems OS X is still the bastard child and gets no love in the long term. Oh well - it's why I kept a PC in the back room...

EDIT: actually, out of the dozen or so MV games compiled for Mac OS I've only had issues twice. And this game's previous iterations had no issue, so I can only assume occasionally MV has a hiccup when compiling and the mac version has issues. Rather than custom coding to play one game (and one version of it at that) I will wait for the next build and hopefully that one will work as the previous ones did...

PS - went to the RPGMaker site where the coding comment came from and tried the other universal fixes there, but the general consensus on that board is that it is a once every so often error that only affects Mac versions. And as Mac isn't the huge priority I will have to live with it until someone at RPGMaker gets around to fixing it...

Last edited by a moderator:

JosCoceter

May 27, 2016
I'll be having Steam update RPGMaker before I release the next update, maybe the recent 3.0 version has fixed the issues with MacOS releases. Unfortunately I cannot test the MacOS version myself as both my rigs are non-mac.

JosCoceter

May 27, 2016
Just wanted to inform everyone that I've updated the latest version to .06 for Patrons. The new version contains a complete overhaul of Chapter 1 of the game using new assets, models and textures that I was able to acquire thanks to support of my patrons.

The public build of version .06 will go live on February 8th, 2017.

Things to look forward too in the new release:
  • -The game was rebuilt from scratch, so everything has changed in some small manner, from the introduction scene all the way to the portal scene at the end.
  • -More story! The story was revamped, revealing more background while hiding some things that felt too blatant, and made Tabitha feel a little too dumb for not realizing.
  • -Several new scenes and previous scenes were redone and extended. There is now over 400 Slides, 90% of them new, with 50 animations.
  • -Arousal System: Tabitha now gains arousal as you play and explore. High arousal will allow her explore new options in some scenes and fantasize during others. This system allows those who want to play the non-slooty route to still have some new experiences, and those who do play the slooty route to enjoy even more.
  • -New parallax maps, add much needed detail to the little 2D world.
  • -Daily mini scenes. These are very small events (typically 1 to 3 slides) that affect Tabitha's various attributes. Each daily event is random in terms of what you'll see.

The Patron version also has unique scenes and quest not available in the public release.

You get the Patron Edition now by supporting me on Patreon.

Things to come...
update6news_zpslzxn3scq.jpg

Reactions: jennylaw28

Hoboy

Mar 31, 2016
Great! I'll check the Mac version as soon as it's publicly released...I''m assuming that with the rework of Chapter 1 old saves will not work...

JosCoceter

May 27, 2016
Great! I'll check the Mac version as soon as it's publicly released...I''m assuming that with the rework of Chapter 1 old saves will not work...

That would be correct, the entire game was rebuilt from scratch, as I'd changed literally everything. It's the same story, but feels like a different game.

JosCoceter

May 27, 2016
The Public Release has been updated to Version .06. This is a complete overhaul of Chapter 1 starting from Introduction scene to Tabitha entering the human world. The change log is far too big to post, so here is some of the changes to expect.
  • -New Animation system: You can now switch between Scene View and PoV in most scenes during animations. Animations now come in two flavors, the old Slideshow method and GIF. GIF is default, however some older rigs may not be able to run them, and you can switch to Slideshow in the "Story Options Menu"
  • -New Guidance Ring system: Main Quest Objectives, Side Quest, Lore and Daily Events are now clearly marked with their own colorful designated rings.
  • -New Parallax Maps for greater world detail
  • -New Arousal System: Tabitha now gains arousal as you play which can unlock new scenes and options.
  • -Arousal Fantasies: Peep scenes can now lead to Tabitha having fantasies of her own during them.
  • -New Scenes and Characters
  • -All characters were updated with new textures and some had their appearance changed greatly.
  • -Story line revamped and tweaked. A lot of changes made here, to help bring the story together and make various parts less obvious and some more obvious.
  • -Daily repeatable events that lead to small scenes or slides that affect Tabitha in various ways
  • -New Journal system and Story Options making it easier to access and turn off the various parts of the game.
As always the latest Public Release can be found on my Patreon Page.

-Jos

critlocked

Apr 21, 2016
Chapter one is excellent! I rather enjoyed it. Good work so far. I will say, however, that it's possible to proc the scene with Lady Yusara in the bath twice. You can do so by waking up and going straight to the bath then going to see the Elf lady. She'll then tell you to get dressed in your human clothes, despite being already in them, and send you to the bath at which point you can have your "first time" with Lady Yusara again and get dressed in your human clothes again.

This doesn't seem to impact anything in any way other than taking a little bit more of your time and making you repeat a really sexy scene. Of course I have no idea if your choices the second time overwrite the choices you made the first time or not because I chose the same choices each time, so that's something to test later. If they do then that might be a bit of a problem.

Overall, my only real gripe so far is the lack of Futa content. It feels like just enough to really tease someone interested in it. If it's at all possible I'd love to see a way to "awaken" the protagonist's winged-futa-blood on a rather permanent basis. There are so few games, even fewer like this game where you have a set character as the protagonist, that give you a Futa protagonist or allow you to make them such.

Bobinette

Aug 27, 2016
This doesn't seem to impact anything in any way other than taking a little bit more of your time and making you repeat a really sexy scene. Of course I have no idea if your choices the second time overwrite the choices you made the first time or not because I chose the same choices each time, so that's something to test later
It increments stats in the Game Statistics window. It also does for Attributes, but it depends on the circumstances. You can actually get each time a sluttyness point. I have a save before and after this bug, so I tried doing it again, and the second time ended up with 1 point less in Sluttyness. So, I checked again and eventually found out that if you skip the bathing scene (or the puting clothes on ; I don't exactly know since I didn't test for this: i.e, skipped both / skipped none), you don't get that sluttyness point (which is probably its own bug). On the contrary, if you play through the scene twice and, probably, select that one option that's not asked to you when you skip the scene, you can get two Sluttyness points. If there are hidden stats (relationship?), I can see it being a problem too.

Also, I don't know if it's because Tabitha had a really high arousal number (90+), but it was possible to travel to the tavern naked during the Oracle quest.

critlocked

Apr 21, 2016
Also, I don't know if it's because Tabitha had a really high arousal number (90+), but it was possible to travel to the tavern naked during the Oracle quest.

That is amazing, truly.

As for what else you said, that's good to know! Good testing.

JosCoceter

May 27, 2016
Sorry, haven't been keeping up on the forums like I should be. I'll look into the bugs though. Version .07b just released for patrons.

As for more Futa content, it's coming, there are some scenes in chapter 2 coming up and... Well I don't want to spoil things, but Tabitha is part Aclurian...

Nephilim_Anunnaki

Sep 7, 2015
Sorry, haven't been keeping up on the forums like I should be. I'll look into the bugs though. Version .07b just released for patrons.

As for more Futa content, it's coming, there are some scenes in chapter 2 coming up and... Well I don't want to spoil things, but Tabitha is part Aclurian...

I am glad, because I like that species...

nenomene

May 8, 2017
Hey, I got the problem
I got to the human city and stuck on the Homeward Bound task as It write in the quest log I have to "Return to Marrisa and look for Aurora" before I had to go to the Titty Club but I was kicked out because I did not have an ID card. The narrator ordered to go to Eric, but when I talk to Eric he only says if I have a problem she is answering with no thanks and so ..
Thx for help

Dragon

Mar 7, 2016
Hey, I got the problem
I got to the human city and stuck on the Homeward Bound task as It write in the quest log I have to "Return to Marrisa and look for Aurora"
I actually can't find her, i assumed that was where this version ended, where is she?

IvoryOwl

Sep 1, 2015
I actually can't find her, i assumed that was where this version ended, where is she?
There's a problem with the quest log, it doesn't update as you progress just remains stuck in "Return to Marissa and look for Aurora". Here's a walkthrough in case you get lost and don't know what to do.

1) After meeting the rude guy and doing his task (or not) go back to the house you woke up in, she's in her room
2) Go the eastern part of the town and trasition to the next zone. If you're near a gazebo then you're in the right place.
3) Travel to the "Tities" club near the center of the map.
4) Go the grocery store located on the same zone but south-west of the club and talk to Aurora again (girl in red dress) MAY BE OPTIONAL: Go to the photoshot studio located near the cave and talk to Eric for some financial aid.
5) Return to western part of the town, keep going west till you find a small grocery store near the train tracks. Talk to the dude next to it.
6) Go to sleep. I slept in Shelly's apartement but I think you can sleep in Ander's house as well.
7) Return to the dude to get your ID
8) Go back to the club. Fetch some stuff Astal asked for because the club is still closed.
9) Go back to the club for real now and interact with Courtney, she's in the upper-right corner, with a playboy outfit and bunny ears.
10) Exit the apartement and follow the woman to the cave.

And that is the end of the current release. I read there was different paths but this is the one I took, hopefully it will help.

JosCoceter

May 27, 2016
There's a problem with the quest log, it doesn't update as you progress just remains stuck in "Return to Marissa and look for Aurora". Here's a walkthrough in case you get lost and don't know what to do.

1) After meeting the rude guy and doing his task (or not) go back to the house you woke up in, she's in her room
2) Go the eastern part of the town and trasition to the next zone. If you're near a gazebo then you're in the right place.
3) Travel to the "Tities" club near the center of the map.
4) Go the grocery store located on the same zone but south-west of the club and talk to Aurora again (girl in red dress) MAY BE OPTIONAL: Go to the photoshot studio located near the cave and talk to Eric for some financial aid.
5) Return to western part of the town, keep going west till you find a small grocery store near the train tracks. Talk to the dude next to it.
6) Go to sleep. I slept in Shelly's apartement but I think you can sleep in Ander's house as well.
7) Return to the dude to get your ID
8) Go back to the club. Fetch some stuff Astal asked for because the club is still closed.
9) Go back to the club for real now and interact with Courtney, she's in the upper-right corner, with a playboy outfit and bunny ears.
10) Exit the apartement and follow the woman to the cave.

And that is the end of the current release. I read there was different paths but this is the one I took, hopefully it will help.

Try the latest version (v.07c uploaded today), I fixed the Quest Tracking bug in this release.

Which reminds me: Version .07c was just uploaded for Patrons on my Patreon page.

-Nver

JosCoceter

May 27, 2016
Version08Preview_zps86jsxgft.jpg

Version .08 has released for Patrons today.

Version .08 Includes 25 additional scenes (Though you'll only get 1 to 10 of those scenes per play through), new Chapter Skipping ability, Scene Replay, New Sprites, and new maps.

Downloads for the Patron Edition can be found of course at my Patreon Page

Full Change Log for v.08 Patron Edition
Bug Fixes

- Fixed Leaving Shelly's to Courtney's taking you back to Shelly's
- Fixed the Television News image from staying on screen till you load a save
- Fixed picking up the panties in Thrift from keeping Tabitha's bust on screen.
- Fixed entering royal bath on last day from starting Yusara scene before being given that portion of the quest.
- Fixed a bug in the Yusara bathing scene that was setting the "Sex With Yusara" flag for the Blowjob and not the Vaginal Sex.
- Fixed a Ditch scene Animation that looked rather horrid. (The licking one)
- Fixed a few slides/bust where Tabitha was missing her piercings.
- Fixed three slides with Bruske... He had no texture! How did I miss that?

Changes

- Removed the Tutorials and their related pop ups.
- Tabitha can now flag down Haley at the bar after being drugged to skip the Alley Rape scene
- Tabitha can now follow Shelly into the bathroom if she is either Dominant or Very Slutty (85+)
- The game now tracks Tabitha's virginity. (Please see the note below)
- Redid the Issan Suburbs map
- Changes to the Castle Map to make getting around less tedious

Additions

- (Patron Only) New Journal Backgrounds available
- (Patron Only) You can select which Journal Background you use via the Story Options menu.
- (Patron Only) You will notice a new option in the main menu... Give it a try.
- (Patron Only) One daily masturbate scene added to the Anders House bed. (More to "Cum"... bad pun)
- Scene Replay: Choose the Fantasize option at any of Tabitha's beds to re-live her past sexual encounters.
- Chapter Select: Skip directly to Chapter 2 via an option available in the menu. This function only works at the very start of a new game.
- TC Waitresses Now have character bust... please remember to tip your waitresses.
- More new/updated Character Sprites, Tabitha should appear less intimidating near the puny guards now.
- New HUD for Arousal and Money(in human world) tracking.
- 25 Scenes added (Note: You will only get 1-10 of those scenes in a single play through)

Last edited:

JosCoceter

May 27, 2016
Just a heads up that Coceter Chronices v.11 released today for Patrons, download links can be found on my Patreon Page.

I also plan to update the Public Release to v.09 next week. (Most likely on Friday.)

JosCoceter

May 27, 2016
Have not updated this thread in quite some time.

Version .14 of the Coceter Chronicles released today for Patrons, bringing the game upto Chapter 4. Links for it and the public build (Version .09 with the first two chapters) can be found on my Patreon Page , link in the OP.

Omegasail

Jan 30, 2021
Go to Tabitha room, rest. During night the a boy will come to molest her. Then the Sage appears and throws him away...