Saving the game

Rayvon_Tenshi

May 16, 2016
Alright, so, first things first. Forgive me if this is already a topic, but I looked and didn't really see anything regarding FoE. But it comes to a point where I can't save the game at all, and I'm really not sure why this is, but it's somewhat irritating that I can't really move forward... Anybody else ever have this issue?

Digital Terror

Feb 12, 2016
Are you going back to camp and into your tent, the labratory of the rabbit warren, the mage tower in town, or the bandit camp before you try to save?  There's only certain locations that permit you to save the game in FoE.

Dark Ether

Aug 27, 2015
I have had this problem for a good while now, and was told that the problem exists solely on my end and my browser (which is the same one I used when saves worked before), so you may be in the same situation.  I've just stopped playing and periodically check to see if I can save again.  If you want to play, it seems as if you'll be required to use a specific browser or just rely on local saves and possibly having to start over if they get lost.

I hope you get it worked out - good luck! 

Rayvon_Tenshi

May 16, 2016
>:C Ugh, that is so not helpful. But I wonder why it happens. I mean, it was fine up until yesterday! What browser do you use?

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
"Can not save" isn't exactly describing a problem. Are your save button disabled, not responding or returning an exception? Are you playing online or downloaded it? Is save to file working? Is it one browser specific or affects them all? Are all adblock/noscript/etc plugins in browser disabled? Maybe it is your antivirus screwing things?

Rayvon_Tenshi

May 16, 2016
At the designated save places, my save buttons are available, but when clicked do nothing. Though, I figured it out. When in the brothel getting ready to fuck Roa, something pops up that says "Do you want to keep this page from creating additional dialogue." Apparently clicking yes messed it up and I can't save. I just tested it out. *shrugs*

MESeele

Aug 26, 2015
"Do you want to keep this page from creating additional dialogue."

That happened to me once. I also clicked yes cause I thought it would just save over the specified save location...Nope! I've since decided Save to Browser and Save to File are a hassle, and have been copying the save text to an editor and saving it that way.

ThatOneJester

Nov 14, 2015
I have a problem with saving as well, but unlike Rayvon I am unable to save at any point in the game.

It gives me a script prompt and says I can not save to file in offline mode.

Well what is considered "online" mode then?

In order to play the game, I go to the play option on the main Fenoxo blog.

Shouldn't that be considered online?

Digital Terror

Feb 12, 2016
I have a problem with saving as well, but unlike Rayvon I am unable to save at any point in the game.

It gives me a script prompt and says I can not save to file in offline mode.

Well what is considered "online" mode then?

In order to play the game, I go to the play option on the main Fenoxo blog.

Shouldn't that be considered online?

Well, first of all, you should just use the 'save game' button rather than 'save file' to keep things simpler.

However, if you're trying to save to file, it tells you that save to file MIGHT not work in offline mode when it pops open the window asking for you to name the file you're saving to.

Just enter a name for the file, and it should pop up the standard browser Open File / Save To window that you get when you want to download stuff.

If for whatever reason Save File doesn't work at all for you, and you cannot use Save Game for whatever other reason, then use the 'Save Text' button.  The instructions for that are given on the  Data page.

"Use the save to text if you are having problems using save to file. Copy the text that appears into a text file, and save it. You will be able to use it with load from file."

ThatOneJester

Nov 14, 2015
Well, first of all, you should just use the 'save game' button rather than 'save file' to keep things simpler.

However, if you're trying to save to file, it tells you that save to file MIGHT not work in offline mode when it pops open the window asking for you to name the file you're saving to.

Just enter a name for the file, and it should pop up the standard browser Open File / Save To window that you get when you want to download stuff.

If for whatever reason Save File doesn't work at all for you, and you cannot use Save Game for whatever other reason, then use the 'Save Text' button.  The instructions for that are given on the  Data page.

"Use the save to text if you are having problems using save to file. Copy the text that appears into a text file, and save it. You will be able to use it with load from file."

Thank you for the useful information.

Also your avatar pic is awesome....just saying....

Digital Terror

Feb 12, 2016
Thanks.  A friend from my Day of Defeat guild made that for me a few years ago.  He's a great artist, now if I can just convince him to check these games out and do up artwork for them!  :D