Slavery A-Go-Go: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Working at Beth's

Nymphonomicon

Apr 4, 2016
I had this idea about a month ago regarding Beth's brothel. I thought the Bad End you get for signing the contract was rather well executed, but I thought it (and Beth's in general) could be expanded upon.

At current time, all you can do is sign and get your ending or keep refusing every time it appears. I was thinking if you are such a desired piece of ass, Beth's would try other tactics and be more persuasive to own said ass, or at least a piece of it.

My first thought is, instead of being presented with the same contract each time it comes up again, the contract should change again after you refuse it. Another thought, is that you should have the option to try and read the contract (but if you're low Int, it just confuses you).

I don't have a full idea of what you would agree to with each version of the contract, but here are a few suggestions:

Become Kat's sub (new option to work a shift servicing Kat).

Being given special mods not available elsewhere (your wages are garnished, leaving you working at the brothel for almost nothing until paid off).

Being drugged, possibly to the point of addiction.

Participating in special sex shows.

Dancing on stage or tables (new shift option).

Replacing Reaha, if she was freed/bought.

Being branded "Property of Beth's" (Kat assures you it's a temporary tattoo)

Another idea I have regarding signing the contact, is that Kat becomes increasingly aggravated by your refusals. Eventually, she presents you with an ultimatum(I'm thinking if you refuse nine times, this happens on the tenth). Either sign the contract or you are barred from working anymore, or possibly she might bring in armed guards to force you to sign.

Signing at this point presents Steele with a number of negative effects; forced mods, lowered earnings, being kept as a captive of Beth's for two weeks or more.

I know such changes would be quite an undertaking and require a lot of new writing. I could maybe contribute to the effort some, but frankly, I'm not really that great of a writer.

Last edited by a moderator:

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Nonesuch will be happy to write all of these.

Nymphonomicon

Apr 4, 2016
Speaking of, he expressed an interest in expanding Beth's Brothel to males.

I was thinking that males with certain stats could be accepted as a specialized draw, like say males that have a low masculinity score or a certain penis size.
I wonder if Kat would let males lick her at the end of a shift or maybe she'd prefer to give them some foot love...?

Zavos

May 7, 2016
The game already has a number of what i call ruin transformations, like badgerification, dumbfuck and female treatment out there.  Maybe another transformation of this type (perhaps an alternate means to get inhuman desire without screwing with your intelligence) could be gated behind unwilling "indenture" 

Nymphonomicon

Apr 4, 2016
I did mention the player could receive special mods not available elsewhere from this interaction.

So what kind of transformations do you think would be interesting?
I was already thinking they might force some bootleg version of The Treatment on you if you're not Treated...

Zavos

May 7, 2016
I did mention the player could receive special mods not available elsewhere from this interaction.

So what kind of transformations do you think would be interesting?
I was already thinking they might force some bootleg version of The Treatment on you if you're not Treated...

Maybe a one off 20 lust inhuman desire, plus a "fluid" addiction that grants a hefty but shortlived stat boost on feeding and a stat drain on withdrawel (and if you can break the withdrawal, you would still keep the inhuman desire).  Or maybe just a "fluid" dependence that can be broken with a cheap mod that a char like Inessa would offer.  Pain, profit, and perhaps a bit later, revenge. 

Nonesuch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 27, 2015
I'll say exactly what I said the last time about this: I don't mind plotting and writing all these grand ideas out if it's paid for, but off my own bat brothel-wise my priority would be opening it up to traps and males.

I do have one specific issue I'd like to pick out here, though:

Another idea I have regarding signing the contact, is that Kat becomes increasingly aggravated by your refusals.

This is not really in keeping with what is established about Kat and how she regards you. She is chronically unarsed about her job and has x + 1 pros working for her anyway, she is by no means desparately chasing after you. It takes you turning up and blowing about a hundred dudes for her to even start thinking about bringing you up with Beth, and if you turn it down it's zero skin off her nose. This whole idea needs to be better delivered and directed, particularly so it doesn't piss off people who want the whoring content without getting completely fucked over.

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
Another idea I have regarding signing the contact, is that Kat becomes increasingly aggravated by your refusals. Eventually, she presents you with an ultimatum(I'm thinking if you refuse nine times, this happens on the tenth). Either sign the contract or you are barred from working anymore, or possibly she might bring in armed guards to force you to sign.

Signing at this point presents Steele with a number of negative effects; forced mods, lowered earnings, being kept as a captive of Beth's for two weeks or more.

1. Those goons would have nothing on all but the most low-level PCs

2. That would require something akin in scope to CoC Prison Mod to work in a meaningfull way.

If anything, I would gladly commission writing for a less shady and morally repugnant alternative brothel. Because, while whoring has a whole buch of fetishes that resonate with me somewhat, working for a bunch of slave-driving cunts isn't one of them.

Nonesuch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 27, 2015
Jim's mooted red light station (and I think Eva suggested something similar?) might still be floating around somewhere. It'd be nice if someone picked that up.

I'm personally more minded to keep working with BBB's, mostly because it's already set up and easy to expand on. It's also worth saying that palpably for some players it's the sleaze that partly makes the experience.

Nymphonomicon

Apr 4, 2016
1. Those goons would have nothing on all but the most low-level PCs

2. That would require something akin in scope to CoC Prison Mod to work in a meaningfull way.

If anything, I would gladly commission writing for a less shady and morally repugnant alternative brothel. Because, while whoring has a whole buch of fetishes that resonate with me somewhat, working for a bunch of slave-driving cunts isn't one of them.

1. The armed guards aren't really intended to be much of a challenge to the player. You can fight them and win, but if you do, you're barred/banned from Beth's. I present them as an opportunity, you can try to talk your way out of the encounter, submit to the contract, or fight your way out. The fact that the establishment is willing to bring violence into the matter just shows how desperate they are to deal with you.
2. I was thinking Steele is whisked away to a one-time room (similar to Hand So's factory) where they can sleep, work(see clients), etc. but not leave for at least two in-game weeks.

Personally, I'd like to see an expansion to Beth's in the form of an even less reputable basement or secret speakeasy-like entrance... but for the time being, I think trying to add to the established building will have to suffice.

I'll say exactly what I said the last time about this: I don't mind plotting and writing all these grand ideas out if it's paid for, but off my own bat brothel-wise my priority would be opening it up to traps and males.

I do have one specific issue I'd like to pick out here, though:

This is not really in keeping with what is established about Kat and how she regards you. She is chronically unarsed about her job and has x + 1 pros working for her anyway, she is by no means desparately chasing after you. It takes you turning up and blowing about a hundred dudes for her to even start thinking about bringing you up with Beth, and if you turn it down it's zero skin off her nose. This whole idea needs to be better delivered and directed, particularly so it doesn't piss off people who want the whoring content without getting completely fucked over.

Oh. I saw it as the big bosses running the brothel see you as a chronic loss so long as you're not tightly restrained by their contract. To wit, every couple of shifts, Kat gets inundated by politely-worded, passive-aggressive complaints to get this new girl leashed and it is slowly weighing on her.

Lashcharge

Aug 27, 2015
Jim's mooted red light station (and I think Eva suggested something similar?) might still be floating around somewhere. It'd be nice if someone picked that up.

I'm personally more minded to keep working with BBB's, mostly because it's already set up and easy to expand on. It's also worth saying that palpably for some players it's the sleaze that partly makes the experience.

From what I understand Savin has written plans for a "crime world".

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
The fact that the establishment is willing to bring violence into the matter just shows how desperate they are to deal with you.

This makes no sense, actually. Why can't you just go and report them to authorities? Tavros is a part of a "legal space", not a frontier, where only cop can happen to be bimbo cumslut and no one would care. They are not space pirate infiltrators like those from Saendra's quest, they are legally there.

Kurble

Oct 1, 2015
1. The armed guards aren't really intended to be much of a challenge to the player. You can fight them and win, but if you do, you're barred/banned from Beth's. I present them as an opportunity, you can try to talk your way out of the encounter, submit to the contract, or fight your way out. The fact that the establishment is willing to bring violence into the matter just shows how desperate they are to deal with you.
2. I was thinking Steele is whisked away to a one-time room (similar to Hand So's factory) where they can sleep, work(see clients), etc. but not leave for at least two in-game weeks.

Personally, I'd like to see an expansion to Beth's in the form of an even less reputable basement or secret speakeasy-like entrance... but for the time being, I think trying to add to the established building will have to suffice.

Oh. I saw it as the big bosses running the brothel see you as a chronic loss so long as you're not tightly restrained by their contract. To wit, every couple of shifts, Kat gets inundated by politely-worded, passive-aggressive complaints to get this new girl leashed and it is slowly weighing on her.

From what I can tell, the bosses have no reason to see you as a chronic loss. They don't even know you're a Steele, there's no special value on you, and they don't really lose anything if you leave. Also, as the others said, doing the one-time room thing would be a hell of an expansion, not to mention that it goes outside the otherwise legally tight operation they have going. Essentially, they can't do anything like that to you until you sign some sort of contract that places you in debt, and I don't see them jeopardising their entire system for one worker.

I think Kat's characterisation just goes to show how that would never happen. Everything is working fine, she's obviously under no stress whatsoever, and when she does offer you a contract, she's just doing that because it would help the operation, but it doesn't change anything.

Nonesuch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 27, 2015
It could be tweaked and added to so that Kat is under pressure from Beth to recruit fresh meat - that's not an unreasonable suggestion. But yes, what's been put forward in the OP is not really feasible. It could practically be its own game.

Psyside

Aug 28, 2015
It could be tweaked and added to so that Kat is under pressure from Beth to recruit fresh meat - that's not an unreasonable suggestion. But yes, what's been put forward in the OP is not really feasible. It could practically be its own game.

Will you ever write a expansion in the future to buy the place or somehow get ownership of it

Nymphonomicon

Apr 4, 2016

Hmm, what if it were made into its own Quest? Would that make it easier to at least attempt to implement some of my ideas?
I admit to being completely unaware of how the game's scenes are coded, so it's rather difficult to wrap my head around how to limit my ideas to what can and cannot be done...

Wsan

Scientist
Creator
Jan 8, 2016
He's not talking so much about the content of your ideas but the breadth. That's a LOT of stuff for someone to do. You could easily write more than 50,000 words on just what's in the OP. It's very similar to the CoC Prison mod, which as the name might suggest, is an entire mod itself.

Crablord

Jan 18, 2016
although some of these might be too much atleast one of these could be nice.

(aka "Being given special mods not available elsewhere (your wages are garnished, leaving you working at the brothel for almost nothing until paid off" )

Nymphonomicon

Apr 4, 2016

Speaking of Beth, are there any plans to expand her business on Tarkus? I would really like to see either an option to whore for her there or recruit other NPCs to sell themselves at her establishment.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Speaking of Beth, are there any plans to expand her business on Tarkus? I would really like to see either an option to whore for her there or recruit other NPCs to sell themselves at her establishment.

On Tarkus? No. If anything I'm liable to move Del to another establishment (Beths or some future location) that will actually have content.

Nymphonomicon

Apr 4, 2016
On Tarkus? No. If anything I'm liable to move Del to another establishment (Beths or some future location) that will actually have content.

Actually, that might work. Del slums at Beth's place on Tarkus as an intern whore until they've earned enough experience relating to player interactions (possibly through Slut Training or something similar) and is then carted off to another location...
Just a suggestion.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Actually, that might work. Del slums at Beth's place on Tarkus as an intern whore until they've earned enough experience relating to player interactions (possibly through Slut Training or something similar) and is then carted off to another location...
Just a suggestion.

That's the plan, yeah.