Pactholder (For Emerald_Pheonix)

Xatarias

Aug 27, 2015
The rhino lets out a slow exhale.

"I know. It's just... It's hard always having to be the calm one, you know? I lost to Alex. Badly. All I wanted to do after that match was leave the ring and feel sorry for myself for a few minutes, but I couldn't because there was Rax being angry for me. I know he means well, but I can't help but wonder if he even knows what I'm feeling half the time... Which sucks because I do love him. I haven't actually told him, but it's true."

Emerald_Pheonix

Aug 28, 2015
QLD
"It can be hard, I know. All I ask is that you don't think about it too much. A loss is a loss, and you can still learn from it, and come back again with a better perspective on how to go about it. Don't be a sore loser now, be a good winner next time."

With that, Kuzuchi smiled, giving Terric a comforting pat on the shoulder before heading back to the ring, hoping things would be okay between the rhino and polecat.

Xatarias

Aug 27, 2015
"Point!"

Rax stumbles back from his crocodile opponent and slinks off to his corner of the ring as the first round of his match comes to a close. The polecat is visibly off-form and breathing hard. You don't need to look at the scoreboard to access the situation, but a glance makes you wince nonetheless. Rax was behind. Badly. It would take one miraculous performance to pull him out of this deficit.

"He's not doing well, is he?" Alex murmurs to you, watching as Raz sullenly swishes a mouthful of water and spits it out. "It's odd, he was in top form earlier... You should probably talk to- oh gods, Rax, no!"

Rax appears to be engaging with a heckler, hurling a flurry of insults- some of which were unknown to you until this moment. A snarky reply makes the polecat flush angrily and he hops off the elevated sparring ring, marching meaningfully towards his antagonist. If you hurry, you might be able to intercept him before the judges throw him out for misconduct.

"I'll show you footwork, you worthless sack of lard! How'd you like my foot up your ass!? Out of my way, I'm gonna- Hey! My mother is a nice lady, you overgrown excuse of a house cat!"

Emerald_Pheonix

Aug 28, 2015
QLD
Kuzuchi sighs and shakes his head before suddenly breaking into a full on sprint, leaping over the border between the audience and the contestants before dashing over to Rax. Before he can make a swing, the dragon skids to a stop behind him before scooping him up, throwing him over his shoulder and sighing before carrying the polecat away from the heckler.

"Rax, be quiet, NOW." He orders sternly, using that tone which scares almost anybody into doing what he tells them to.

Xatarias

Aug 27, 2015
"Kuzuchi!? What are you- oh don't even think- mfrff!"

The pint-sized fighter pounds at your back futilely, yelling curses at the hostile spectators- that is until you deliver your command. Anyone from your dojo knows the tone you use to demand immediate obedience and few are defiant in the face of it. Even the most relaxed instructor had to lay down the law at some point, something you were quick to realize after starting your school. Legends of you losing your cool circulated among the students and resulted in high respect for your authority as coach and instructor. Anyone harboring skepticism only had to consult the rather sizeable hole in the dojo's back wall before reconsidering their position.

When you deposit your friend next to the ring, all the fight has left his body. Rax slumps with his head in his hands.

"I'm such a fuckup," He mutters pitifully. "One little fight leaves me in pieces..."

Somehow you know he's not referring to his losing match with the crocodile.

Emerald_Pheonix

Aug 28, 2015
QLD
"Rax, you are not a fuck up. Yes, you can run your mouth every now and then, and you tend to not think things through, but if Terric didn't like that about you, would he stay with you?" Kuzuchi asked, placing a hand on the polecat's shoulder.

"You're funny, your passionate, hell, you're even fun to teach! Why else would Terric enjoy your company?" He left a few other things hanging in the air, things which shouldn't be mentioned in public, but he had a feeling Rax knew what they were anyway.

"You need to both learn to relax and think things through, but you also need to believe in yourself. Terric does, and so do I."

Xatarias

Aug 27, 2015
"Come on Kuzuchi, I'm just a fun tumble in the sack and we both know it."

Rax apparently isn't shy talking about sexual matters in public. Luckily the crowd makes your conversation unable to be overheard.

"I-I'm just no good at this relationship stuff. I just want him so bad and it makes me crazy stupid... Gods I'm sorry, Kuzuchi. I know I'm supposed to be here representing the dojo and I'm whining like a little schoolkid. I don't want to feel this way! I never asked to be in lov- to like someone like him."

Emerald_Pheonix

Aug 28, 2015
QLD
Kuzuchi gave a short growl and whacked Rax on the head.

"Whether you asked for it or not, have you been so blind? From what I've seen, Terric enjoys being around you. He doesn't about your flaws." With that, the dragon stood Rax up and spun him around, pushing him towards the way Terric went "Go talk to him. Now. And I don't want you to say mopey "I don't deserve you" crap. I want you to ask him how important and happy you make him feel."

Xatarias

Aug 27, 2015
Rax gives a loud sniff and stumbles to his feet, clearly not expecting much to come from the confrontation with Terric.

After several minutes of waiting, the judges are nearly fed up with your numerous excuses on behalf of your reckless student. Just when you're certain that Rax has fled the arena, the polecat emerges at the Temple's entrance, looking flushed and positively radiant. A broad smile crosses his face as he bounds up to the ring and takes his position.

"This is the third and final round between Rax and Sculp," The ring judge announces.

"Due to deliberate delay of the round and... Objectionable behavior, Rax will be penalized fifteen points. Do you have any objections."

Rax simply winks at his opponent.

The bell rings and the fight begins. Sculp doesn't stand a chance. Rax is like a streak of furry lightning, landing blow after blow on the unsuspecting reptile. You have never seen him move so fast... Or look so happy. The polecat practically is wooping with laughter as he darts around and over his opponent. When it's all over, your student has tripled his score and easily won the match- penalties included. The crowd goes absolutely nuts.

Immediately after shaking hands with the rather confused looking crocodile, Rax immediately leaps off the platform towards you.

"Kuzuchi, Kuzuchi! Terric called me an oblivious, self-absorbed, hyperactive furball! Oh, and he also loves me!" He hugs you with a cackle. "I gotta go tell him!"

Emerald_Pheonix

Aug 28, 2015
QLD
Kuzuchi growls, sighing, hoping that his pupil would be okay. That despair turned into shock, and then awe as he watched Rax practically bounce off every wall, before laughing as he's hugged, returning it with gusto.

"Great job out there! I guess-wait, what did he call you?" The dragon blinks, staring at the polecat in confusion. How could something that was blunt and cold as that make this little furball so happy?

Xatarias

Aug 27, 2015
"Yeah, me calling him an overly sensitive stick in the mud might have had something to do with it. I thought it was over and then he asked me if I wanted him to change. I said no and would you believe it, he said he didn't want me to change either!"

The bouncy little guy leaps up to ruffle your mane and plant a kiss on your forehead.

"I was always worried about scaring him off by...Well, being me. But now... Well it doesn't matter anymore cause- Terric! Terric, I won! I totally kicked his as-"

Just like that, Rax is off like a bullet towards the entrance where Terric has made his reappearance. The couple hugs and make retreat to the stands where Rax regales his boyfriend about the recent match. Looking at the score board, you realize Rax has climbed into second seed. In a few hours, he will be competing with Alex in the finals.

"Jeez Kuzuchi, your students certainly are rambunctious. Pity he doesn't have a chance against Alex, but what can you do?"

The overtly cool-guy tone reveals the identity of the speaker before  your even turn to face him. Link lounges casually against the bleachers, idly eyeing his claws as if he has much better things to do than to talk to you... Never mind that he initiated the conversation (baka).

Emerald_Pheonix

Aug 28, 2015
QLD
Kuzuchi rolls his eyes, approaching the cat and saying nothing. Instead, he just smirks and reaches up, suddenly gripping one of the feline's ears, gently squeezing and stroking it. If there was one thing he liked about Link, it was the fact that despite his 'cool and calculating' appearance, he knew how to make the other blush more than a tomato.

"I would like it if you just didn't say anything, alright? Unless you want everyone here to know just how sensitive your ears are~" He teases, a smug grin on his face as he continues to stroke and caress the cat's ear.

Xatarias

Aug 27, 2015
Link bites his bottom lip and lets out an involuntary purr before snapping back to reality and blushing profusely.

"I-I don't know what you're talking about! As if I would like having your hands all over- on my ears, I mean!"

Emerald_Pheonix

Aug 28, 2015
QLD
Kuzuchi rolls his eyes before leaning in close, confidently gazing into the cat's eyes as he places a hand on the feline's shoulder.

"Don't play dumb with me, cat. No matter how much you try to hide it, you're an open book~" The dragon brings his muzzle close, his lips just inches from Link's, his hand trailing down slowly, before he suddenly gave the cat a gentle push, smirking before calmly turning and walking away, his hips swaying slightly to tease the feline further.

Xatarias

Aug 27, 2015
(Naughty~)

Link turns from a healthy shade of pink to positively scarlet as you lean forward for a stolen kiss. He doesn't pull away, you notice. In fact, the way his eyes flutter and stance widens, he almost seems to want it to happen. But then, you slip awa1y, leaving the self-important panther high and dry. This new, confident Kuzuchi was no doubt new to him. And from the sound of it, very frustrating.

"G-get back here, Kuzuchi! I want- I mean, I don't want you anywhere near me! I'm too interesting for you anyway! I don't- Where are you- B-B-Baka!"

Funny how he always leaves after shouting at your back. One of these days, Link might learn to be more honest with himself. Of course, not playing games with him might work too~

You're just about to return to watch Rax and Alex's match when something catches your eye. The door leading to the Temple's inner sanctum is slightly opened. Even cadets weren't allowed in there and all entrances were usually padlocked... In fact, you could have sworn a lock was hanging from the door half an hour ago.

Emerald_Pheonix

Aug 28, 2015
QLD
Kuzuchi's eyes widen, then his eyes narrow before he looks around, spotting a minotaur dressed in the usual staff uniform. But, he seemed very busy organising something... as did every other member. Sighing, he looks around before sneaking over to the open door, making sure nobody was looking his way before darting inside, leaving the door just as it was before he turned, narrowing his eyes as he tries to see any possible tracks.

Xatarias

Aug 27, 2015
There's nothing so obtrusive as footprints revealing the presence of an intruder, but something does feel strange to you. The further you explore into the sanctum, the heavier the air gets, not with the heady scent of incense, but as if the atmosphere itself was condensing and resisting your passage. Every so often, a tremor reverberates through your body, as if you were venturing through the arteries of some great beast, delving closer to its heart.

A long curving staircase takes you to a circular chamber with a polished stone floor. Judging by the irregularity of the ceiling, it may have been a natural cavern at one point. At the far end is an alter with two cloaked figures. One you recognize as the one-eyed vixen from the curiosity shop. You have never seen the face of her lizard companion, but you suspect he is the stranger you followed through the streets just last night. Neither appears to be aware of your presence.

"H-How long is this going to take? You can't expect them to be distracted forever. If we get-"

"If I knew you were going to be so spineless, I would have left you behind, Grekkle. A ward like this takes a considerable amount of ki to override. I'm almost- there we are!"

Emerald_Pheonix

Aug 28, 2015
QLD
Kuzuchi quickly and silently hides in the shadows, narrowing his eyes as he watched the duo carefully. Something was severely wrong here. He felt the pressure all around him, not liking it one bit, as if slowly, very slowly, his life was being squeezed out of his body.

'Just what is going on here?' He asks himself mentally, crouching low as he continued to spy on the pair.

Xatarias

Aug 27, 2015
A hiss reaches your ears as both the vixen and lizard lean over the alter's surface. Archaic script illuminates itself on the stonework and with a puff of dust, the table opens, revealing a hidden compartment within its base.

"At last..."

The fox woman reverently reaches in and removes a small object bundled in clothe. When she does so, the dark feeling on the edges of your senses intensifies. The pounding becomes so intense that you have to remind yourself to breath. There's no doubt about it, the object stashed within the alter was manipulating your ki flow... And there was only one thing you could think of capable of doing such a thing. A Pactholder's deck!

"I can feel it calling out to me," The Vixen purrs, stroking the parcel like a lost lover. Her fingers trace across the ornate seal securing its bindings. That simple piece of wax was the final barrier for otherworldly creatures entering into the mortal world. 

Emerald_Pheonix

Aug 28, 2015
QLD
Kuzuchi didn't know why he did what he did. But he felt like that no matter what... he HAD to do it. With a silent growl, he suddenly dashed forward, his clawed feet slamming against the floor of the sanctum before he leaped forward, twisting and swiveling in mid-air so that his feet were aimed at the fox woman's back, his eyes gleaming with determination. Later, he would question just what compelled him to do this... but right now, he had a fight on his hands.

Xatarias

Aug 27, 2015
The air whistles in your ears as you leap towards the foxy thief, a living projectile of deadly purpose. Milliseconds before impact, your target's pointed ears twitch and the vixen whirls away, her keen senses barely allowing her to dodge away from your blow.

Not completely though. Just as her feet lift off the ground, you plant yourself on the alter and use the momentum to fuel a handstand. Your legs scythe out clipping the vixen's arms, sending the bundle tumbling to the ground. The package skids its way towards her lizard companion who hesitantly picks it up. His eyes shift towards the door, equal parts greed and fear plastered across his face.

"Grekkle, don't you dare," The fox hisses, clutching her shoulder.

The lizard takes off, making a fevered break for the entrance. The rasp of unleashed metal reaches your ears and you watch as several steel needles embed themselves in Grekkle's back. The thief tumbles bonelessly to the ground, the package held loosely in his dead hands.

Emerald_Pheonix

Aug 28, 2015
QLD
Kuzuchi's eyes widen in surprise at the lizard's death, but then he focuses on the fox, his eyes narrowed as he quickly drops into a defensive stance, one that guarded his front and at the same time allowed him to instantly move in any direction. He'd had his fair share of projectiles thrown at him, so he was confident he could at least dodge a few if this vixen had any more.

"Tch, so that guard didn't investigate when I told him to..." He growled, his eyes analysing and tracing the female's movements, sizing up his opponent. Really, even though he had started first, now he wished to stall for time. Any moment now, someone would notice that the door was open, he knew that.

Xatarias

Aug 27, 2015
"Oh so you were the reason that charming officer paid me a visit," The vixen lets out a sly grin as she circles towards Grekkle's corpse. "Sorry dearie, I don't mix dirty business with the clean. I knew I should I have done something about you the moment you stumbled into my shop... Then again, things might be more interesting this way."

In a burst of motion, the shadowy fox hurls a fistful of needles your way while simultaneously launching herself into a floor slide. Rocketing towards the past, she plucks the package from her dead companion's hands and rises into a full sprint towards the door.

Last edited by a moderator:

Emerald_Pheonix

Aug 28, 2015
QLD
Kuzuchi immediately ducks and rolls before launching into a dash, his eyes focused solely on the vixen. Once he thinks he's close enough, he forces all of his momentum into a strong leap, kicking off and launching himself forward, thrusting an arm out to grab the fox, gritting his teeth in determination. He wasn't going to let her get away, not now, not ever.

Xatarias

Aug 27, 2015
A shiver crosses your neck as the fox's projectiles narrowly miss you, flying overhead as you tuck into a perfect somersault. Sticking the landing, you make a dash for the hallway, following after the thief's bushy tail.

It soon becomes clear that you are faster than your opponent and you quickly outstrip her. Gauging the distance, you kick off a nearby pillar and leap forward. Your claw wraps around the fox's ankles and she lets out a snarl as you both come tumbling to the ground.

Emerald_Pheonix

Aug 28, 2015
QLD
I immediately surged forward, pinning her arms behind her back with one hand whilst grabbing the package with the other, clumsily removing the covering and grasping whatever was inside, intent on seeing just what would cause the vix and reptile to commit such crimes.

Xatarias

Aug 27, 2015
"N-No! Not here!"

For the first time, the vixen actually sounds afraid as you pull at the packages wrappings.. A piece of clothe falls away to reveal the stack of cards hidden beneath. The crackle of electricity tickling your hands leave little doubt that these are no ordinary playing cards. These are mystic cards, the weapons of a Pactholder. Each one was worth an absolute fortune and explained why the fox was so desperate to steal them....

But wait- such a strong seal wouldn't be necessary to bind a few spare cards... Unless inside the deck was a card of immense power, a Mystic Being so strong it could reach into the mortal world and form a bond with a worthy partner. A Pactmaker!

"So you've figured it out then?" The fox asks, her voice carrying a strange tone.

Footsteps on the stairs draw your attention away from the fox. Several monks rush in, followed by the headmaster. The old Tarus quickly refolds the decks wrappings and places it in his robes. Occupied as you are with the fox, there is little you can do to stop him.

"Thank the gods you were here Kuzuchi! I don't know what we would have done if this had been stolen. You have done the academy a great service."

Stopping the theft of a mystic deck was a big deal, but somehow, the accomplishment feels empty. It's wrong, but there is this nagging feeling- no a longing. If only the headmaster hadn't arrived. You could have broken the seal and- No! that was crazy! Releasing a Pactmaker under such conditions was dangerous, not to mention illegal!

Emerald_Pheonix

Aug 28, 2015
QLD
Kuzuchi shook his head at his own thoughts, before giving the headmaster a nod "I was only doing what the security failed to do in the first place." With that, the dragon got off the vixen and lifted her up, making sure to hold her tightly so she didn't try to get away.

"Now, I do wonder what karma has in store for you, because attempting to steal a Pactholder deck is definitely a heavy crime." The dragon growled in the vixens ear, not looking smug, but making sure she knew just how much trouble she was in.

Xatarias

Aug 27, 2015
"She will meet the proper justice," The headmaster assures you. "After we question her, we will contact the proper authorities."

"You filthy hypocrites," the vixen spits. "You're eager to dole out judgments while willfully ignorant of your own crimes. Call me a thief, but what I take isn't stolen, it is reclaimed!"

"My daughter, we all have our sins," The headmaster replies calmly with a touch of sadness. "But none here has strayed so far into darkness as to take the life of another. Take her away. I will speak with her later."

The fox locks eyes with you as the monks flank her from either side.

"You made a mistake. You will learn the truth and then you will know regret. I can tell."

The vixen's tone doesn't suggest a threat and some part of you wonders at her meaning. Then again, the fox woman was crazy enough to kill her companion in pursuit of her aims.

"I think it would be best if this unpleasantness would go unmentioned at least until the tournament ends," The Headmaster says eyeing the body of Grekkle. "The police will want to conduct an investigation, but preparations will have to be made before we allow outsiders to walk our halls. Besides, we don't want a mass panic outside... Kuzuchi? Do you understand?"

Emerald_Pheonix

Aug 28, 2015
QLD
The dragon shakes his head, snapping out of his thoughts before giving a nod "Of course, of course. Speaking of not wanting panic, how about we move onto a lighter subject? How has the school been running in my absence, Headmaster?" The dragon asks in a friendly tone. He didn't hold any grudges against anyone working at the academy, he just cursed his own luck. So whenever the Headmaster visits, he always remains polite and open.