New HP Computer + TiTS = Confusion

Primename

Dec 5, 2015
Hey FenForums, I need some help with stuff related to computers.

I recently just got my new Laptop for my birthday (It's a this one http://www.bestbuy.com/site/hp-star-wars-special-edition-15-6-laptop-intel-core-i7-8gb-memory-1tb-hard-drive-darkside-black/4563805.p?id=1219768912041&skuId=4563805 minus the I7 bit, it's an i5.) and I can't seem to open up TiTS in my Chrome Browser like I did on my old Chromebook. It asks me to open it with an App that I seemingly do not have.

Any advice would be welcome! For now I guess I'm stuck on the browser version.

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Downloaded it, still not working. I think I might have accidentally attached it to Internet Explorer and can not remove it from said attachment. Any advice?

RMB on swf / Open With / Choose Default Program

Primename

Dec 5, 2015
RMB on swf / Open With / Choose Default Program

It won't let me not chose another app to attach it to. My only options are to choose another App or go to the App store to find an app to attach it to.

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
It won't let me not chose another app to attach it to. My only options are to choose another App or go to the App store to find an app to attach it to.

There should be an option "choose another app on your pc". Select Chrome executable.

Last edited by a moderator:

Blackwater Syn

Aug 28, 2015
If it has windows 10, it may be in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe"

Primename

Dec 5, 2015
I figured it out!

All I had to do was open the .swf file in Internet Explorer and copy the URL to Google Chrome. Simple and Obvious :p

Blackwater Syn

Aug 28, 2015
Simple and Obvious

Ok, good!, Make sure to make a bookmark or something so you don't have to go through it again.

Chrome, or any browser for that matter, is just bloat that surrounds your Flash Player.

I disagree. You can alt tab and put some music on with a browser, or do any of the other things a browser can do without having an extra application open. Also, you have to use a dropdown to open the swf with the standalone player (at least the version I have) where as a browser bookmark can be right there with no need to scroll through a dropdown menu.

sybreal

May 4, 2016
Not a direct answer to your question, but I highly recommend just using Flash Player Projector to open .swf files. Chrome, or any browser for that matter, is just bloat that surrounds your Flash Player. Might as well open it directly.

It can be downloaded straight from adobe here:

https://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/debug_downloads.html 

This. It also makes it easy to find your saves, and you don't have to deal with chrome/firefox eating large portions of RAM just being open. Though the RAM thing might be inconsequential.