Even more questions....

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Because there will eventually be a 2-2 option alongside 2-1 Tarkus. The idea is to have several planets for most if not all legs of your journey... eventually.

So it may ends like one chain of plot planets with mostly lust-resistant enemies and other dmg-resistant? Or some along the road some changes will be made to not divide it thais way? As now if new 1-2 and then 2-2 turns out to be with many Amara-like enemies it would be again splitting people that will rush throu Mhen'ga+Tarkus or 2-1+2-2 to get to ant planet :/

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Sounds like we can expect some new species on Mhen'ga that will only beatable by using tease or one of existing to have dmg resistance up while lust resistance down? If not Vanae form start are scary for lvl 1 or 2 PC without it been prepared it would be good way. Hum do you think we could see someday soon(ish) that Milky Forrest exp that Jimmy made before resigning his preg emperor throne?

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Hum do you think we could see someday soon(ish) that Milky Forrest exp that Jimmy made before resigning his preg emperor throne?

Doubtful. AFAIK it was never finished, and nobody on the dev staff is going to do it for him.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Doubtful. AFAIK it was never finished, and nobody on the dev staff is going to do it for him.

It had new area desc, mini-boss fight stuff, his reward drop and quite finished meeting with that preg vanae. Or I think it was that so most of it was already possible to implement jsut he wanted make it more pretty before sending it to fen. Ahh well would look at those gdcos copies to see if the were indeed too badly unfinished (assuming I can properly evaluate this...chances are I may think they are enough finished to be added while to eye of yours it may look like it would need still work :/ )

Magic Ted

Forum God
Aug 26, 2015
(Saaaavin I was trying to make ya'll look better)

I've got to ask what the logic is behind creating Phaedra as an option for the first story planet for the player to go to that also leads into Tarkus. What worth is there in splitting the campaign into two choices right off the bat and just resolving it into a morton's fork? A side planet with actual combat content to be a sort of predecessor to Uveto makes far more sense and leaves Mhen'ga open to be better refined into the tutorial planet that it ought to be.

While I agree wholeheartedly, as I recall Phaedra was one of the not-kickstarter promises, much like sexy STDs and various types of ships and so on.

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
Because there will eventually be a 2-2 option alongside 2-1 Tarkus. The idea is to have several planets for most if not all legs of your journey... eventually.

It feels unnecessary for one to have multiple probe planets for every step of the way, if not detrimental to the whole story supposed to be feeling like it's a race between you, your cousin, and probably some other relative who is going to end up showing up in the ninth hour to dethrone your cousin as the antagonist.

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
It feels unnecessary for one to have multiple probe planets for every step of the way, if not detrimental to the whole story supposed to be feeling like it's a race between you, your cousin, and probably some other relative who is going to end up showing up in the ninth hour to dethrone your cousin as the antagonist.

But you only get one probe per planet tier, once you choose which planet the probe appears on it magically does so and the other one isn't active. This is how I recall it being answered when it was asked a while ago. The race is still there.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015

I would add that having 2 planets for probe would make meeting cousing at each probe even more...weird as meeting her/him at each probe now wasn;t akward but....to game flow it was nessesary thing. But then if we thought about situation of two planets with probe meeting cousin always at the same planet over the same probe as PC will really test how much people could belive in such coincidences. So 1-2 it's fine - I mean maybe some want start not in jungle but in ala mad max planet. Plus it would allow to teach PC different fight types with diff enemies. Like jungle ones are mostly weak to good ol fashioned impact force applied in melee or at some distance range. Then other planet would have mostly enemies that make PC work harder with tease or...buying some weak lust-dmg dealing weapon accesable there form vendors. But then moving to 2nd planet and later maybe possible to 3rd dual probe planets would only increase feeling of playing two games that are connected by same universe. For some people this may cause feeling of loosing immersion in game as they would feel like jumping between two games if they decide for ex. after mhen'ga go to 2-2 or from 1-2 to tarkus.

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
I would add that having 2 planets for probe would make meeting cousing at each probe even more...weird as meeting her/him at each probe now wasn;t akward but....to game flow it was nessesary thing. But then if we thought about situation of two planets with probe meeting cousin always at the same planet over the same probe as PC will really test how much people could belive in such coincidences. So 1-2 it's fine - I mean maybe some want start not in jungle but in ala mad max planet. Plus it would allow to teach PC different fight types with diff enemies. Like jungle ones are mostly weak to good ol fashioned impact force applied in melee or at some distance range. Then other planet would have mostly enemies that make PC work harder with tease or...buying some weak lust-dmg dealing weapon accesable there form vendors. But then moving to 2nd planet and later maybe possible to 3rd dual probe planets would only increase feeling of playing two games that are connected by same universe. For some people this may cause feeling of loosing immersion in game as they would feel like jumping between two games if they decide for ex. after mhen'ga go to 2-2 or from 1-2 to tarkus.

The only inconsistency it would bring up is Mhen'ga where Cousin gets the coords first. Otherwise it's stated that Cousin dearest is tracking the PC. They bugged you and are/were following you.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
The only inconsistency it would bring up is Mhen'ga where Cousin gets the coords first. Otherwise it's stated that Cousin dearest is tracking the PC. They bugged you and are/were following you.

Mhen'ga case is how it was called Gary Oak syndrome...where cousin will intentionaly 'ewait' at probe location to say monologue to you and then leave coords. Plus tracking stuff haappen currently after Tarkus so in case we would have 2-2 planet how cousin will know to go there instead wait before shekka shop at Tarkus? One solution sometimes can make another loophole easy.

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
Having multiple planets for every leg of our adventure makes perfect sense to me from the in-universe standpoint, since pops told us in his message that there are a lot of them. All those probes are supposedly linked in a way that eventually will lead you to the last probe no matter where in the chain you start.

Not sure how I feel about splitting the work of writers and more importantly coders between twice as many main locales. It would certainly lessen the chances of some of my favourites to get new content written/pushed through the coding pipe faster. On the other hand having new types of planet will enable new types of content, since every world, or at least the part of them you are able to visit, wears a very prominent 'hat'.

Last edited by a moderator:

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
Just had a brilliant comparison. One Piece Log Pose, the Grand Line is a series of islands that, depending on which one you first sail to, are on specific routes. While the planets probably won't be randomized or railroaded like that it's still an apt comparison.

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
But you only get one probe per planet tier, once you choose which planet the probe appears on it magically does so and the other one isn't active. This is how I recall it being answered when it was asked a while ago. The race is still there.

By not active, do you mean it won't have a probe or it won't be accessible. Because I think it would suck if entire fully fleshed out planets might be missed completely because you need to chose a certain set of planets. (Plus it would lead to weirdness like never meeting Syri or Anno, or meeting only one but not the other)

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
By not active, do you mean it won't have a probe or it won't be accessible. Because I think it would suck if entire fully fleshed out planets might be missed completely because you need to chose a certain set of planets. (Plus it would lead to weirdness like never meeting Syri or Anno, or meeting only one but not the other)

You're misreading me. Probe only. Planets are still available. That would be stupid to lock the planets, whichever dev said so as well.

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
One other issue I have with the multiple planets for each leg of the plot is that you can't have one neat plot line to refer to for any given bit of content. Which means that anyone who tries to write something that requires referring to the events of the main plot in anything but the most ambiguous terms needs to write twice the content at the very minimum. As an example of what could get fucked up in the current game if Phaedra does get added as a probe planet, neither of the conversations that deal with the probe on Mhen'ga with the dude who runs the plantation there would make any sense. Also Dane's dialogue on Tarkus with the PC will likely have to be altered to reflect the difference in events. Unless the plot changes depending on what planets you choose, and it's honestly a real dick move to have the plot split off right out of the gate with no warning or build up, you're just going to have the same plots in reskinned planets so the story can play out.

I really don't see what value the devs are seeing in the idea. I'm not against having multiple planets in the same level range, but the MQ planets ought to just be a straight line outside of a REALLY important choice that shouldn't come anytime near the start of the game. Phaedra and it's hypothetical equivalents in each level range can always just be equivalents to Uveto.

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
... Main plot... There is no arching, connecting main plot and very little referential dialogue. If Mhen'ga hasn't got the probe, then guy says a no-probe or the probe-got. Dane gets a tweaked few lines. It's not that big an issue.

The benefit of more planets is more variety. There's only going to be 10 probes.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Hehe a Plot vs "THE PLOT" things. Some will come for first and here this dual chain of planet can be slight irritating. Thsoe comming for latter will not actualy care as long "PLOT" will be of enough quality. But I see some other thisng that may be a slight disturbance.

Phaedra will be also like Mhen'ga planet most suited for lvl 1-3/4 pc. So when we finish one of them then finish tarkus and decide it's good to check other planted it would be no challange in enemies area. Npc ofc usualy not care if pc is lvl 1 or 20 and would be always interesting to interact...well unless it not invole som fight or 'fake fight' as gating for smut. Then would all have fun if comming to planet that was form other 'chain' of MQ planets to see that our PC aside talk to few npc actualy not need to go ourt in the wild. Equip will be way worst that he already have. XP or credits drops would siilar quite nerfed compared to current lvl range of pc planets.

So I would then only see reasons as meantione earlier name Syri, Anno or other npc that will find it way to players hearts and minds to make them come back to planet for interacting with him/her.

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
So I would then only see reasons as meantione earlier name Syri, Anno or other npc that will find it way to players hearts and minds to make them come back to planet for interacting with him/her.

This is a non-issue. No planets will be unavailable except for the already in place locks, need probe to go to next tier of story planets, random coords found for non-story. Both Mhen'ga and Phaedra will be available, both Tarkus and whatever it's variant is will be available, and so on and so on.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Nono you entirely missed my point :(

I said that with having 2 planets to choice at each step of MQ it would make less interesting visit other planet after getting probe on one of them. As PC will be ready at lvl that can stomp all enemies on this other planet. S0 what else woud be interesting left there then? Npc for most part and specific enemeis due to scenes that people will look after.

Tell me what else you see as point of interest in visiting Phaedra after grabbing Mhen'ga probe and been around 3-4 lvl others that I just meantioned?

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
Nono you entirely missed my point :(

I said that with having 2 planets to choice at each step of MQ it would make less interesting visit other planet after getting probe on one of them. As PC will be ready at lvl that can stomp all enemies on this other planet. S0 what else woud be interesting left there then? Npc for most part and specific enemeis due to scenes that people will look after.

Tell me what else you see as point of interest in visiting Phaedra after grabbing Mhen'ga probe and been around 3-4 lvl others that I just meantioned?

Why are you concerned about the level of the enemies? The main point of the game isn't about combat or levels, it's about the NPCs, so the player level means nothing. Do you not go back to Mhen'ga or Tarkus when new stuff is added because it's underleveled after you've done most of Myrellion?