Swap Ellie and Gene Store Items

PalletTown

Sep 10, 2015
My suggestion is that we should swap some of Ellie's inventory with Gene's. Gene should get Suma Cream, ClearYu, and Rubbermaid and Ellie should get Bovinium, MinoCharge, and EasyFit. Personally, I think it would fit each of the shopkeeps environment better.

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Gene is given Bovinium and Mino Charge specifically because it means you don't need to go to New Texas to get cow TFs.

hawke56

Jan 1, 2016
Why would the cow planet, where everyone has to undergo madatory cowgirl or bull transformation anyways sell further cowification transformatives?

Longbow

Feb 10, 2016
Why would the cow planet, where everyone has to undergo madatory cowgirl or bull transformation anyways sell further cowification transformatives?

Souvenirs, perhaps? They do sell other cow-themed items.

Bartran

Feb 9, 2016
I don't see a particularly compelling reason why they can't have an overlap in those areas. The transformatives should be fairly widely available, it makes sense for multiple shopkeepers to sell them. It's more convenient for players as well, they can stop by and get the transformative they want without having to fly across the galaxy. 

PalletTown

Sep 10, 2015
Gene is given Bovinium and Mino Charge specifically because it means you don't need to go to New Texas to get cow TFs.

I had a feeling that was the case, but even if you really dislike New Texas (I realize that it is very divisive in the community) the only interaction you need to do in order to access Ellie's inventory is to disarm and give an opinion on Ellie's breast.

In the new Steve Irson episode on New Texas, Bovinium is specifically mentioned as an aid to cow-girls who wanted a bit more from their treatment. This line of reasoning can be logically extended to Mino charge and to a lesser extent easy-fit.

I think more specialized, but riskier mods fit Gene's character. Also, since when has rubber hair been a fetish in New Texas?

Last edited by a moderator:

hawke56

Jan 1, 2016
I think more specialized, but riskier mods fit Gene's character.

Doesn't he say that he avoids selling mods with potentailly bad side-effects (like rubber made for example) to the Myr because if soemthing happened he'd praobably have to flee Myrellion?

PalletTown

Sep 10, 2015
Doesn't he say that he avoids selling mods with potentailly bad side-effects (like rubber made for example) to the Myr because if soemthing happened he'd praobably have to flee Myrellion?

To the Myr, *wink* *wink*

Nonesuch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 27, 2015
I can see where PT is coming from with this, particularly in regards to the recent Adjatha TFs. However it can be argued both ways and is not so compelling that it necessitates the arse-ache and confusion it would generate swapping them around.

PalletTown

Sep 10, 2015
That's a fair point and this is not a critical issue in TiTs. I just thought a lot of the new items for Ellie did not really fit with New Texas. There is at least some precedent in swapping store items. As a last defense, giving Gene these risky mods makes sense with your Plant TF (hope that gets in the game soon) as that mod itself is characterized as risky.

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
It may not be a major issue, but right now if you want to become a bull-man you have to choose between waiting until your new character reaches the third plantet and biting the Brute speech bullet (and even then you won't become as beastly as you may want). When you consider that you find a cow planet and a specialized furry shop long before that but none of them gives you what you need, that's super irritating. Getting Easy Fit early would be a godsend too.

I don't have any strong opinions about the items that Ellie got.