Job advances

CabalShadowBiscuit

Aug 31, 2015
What do you guys think of adding another level to current job? Each class needs to complete certain quest (hard), and in doing so get a new title and new perks. We can even cut off the last perk and put it in as the initial perk for the next level.

I feel the leveling right now is too smooth, if you just grind a bit you can easily max out. At the same time adjusting mob level to deal with max level character must be a pain. By putting job advance quest on certain planet, you can basically mini-cap the level Steele is going to be before arriving on certain planet, make level less of an unknown factor, and quest itself could be fun to do.

PyrateHyena

Oct 13, 2015
I favor this idea. But I doubt someone has the nerve to mess with the leveling system at this point in development. Maybe later. When more stuff (like space combat) and the main story are done.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
I've been arguing for a sort of "Prestige Class" advancement past Level 10 for a while. Probably not going to happen, though.

Starstruck

Dec 11, 2015
I've been arguing for a sort of "Prestige Class" advancement past Level 10 for a while. Probably not going to happen, though.

Does kinda need to happen sooner or later though, difficulty needs to keep climbing as we advance through the game. Which means junior needs to get stronger too.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Does kinda need to happen sooner or later though

Well, no, the plan right now is just to keep adding levels to the core three classes. We've got up to Level 12 mapped out already, well ahead of the difficulty curve in the game.

Starstruck

Dec 11, 2015
Well, no, the plan right now is just to keep adding levels to the core three classes. We've got up to Level 12 mapped out already, well ahead of the difficulty curve in the game.

Hmmm, does that mean endgame is around level 12? :p

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
I'm estimating a chain of eight to ten required planets to finish the main story, noting that Uveto is not one, so level 20 is probably the eventual cap.

Noting, of course, that this is just a guess on my part.  It would be nice if we had a sketch map laid out, it's hard to write content that can be applicable up to endgame with no idea of how far away it is.

Wsan

Scientist
Creator
Jan 8, 2016

Yeah, okay, but when do I get to multiclass into Red Dragon Disciple?

Seriously though, prestige classes seem like a cool idea. Might be a bit annoying to code if you have an additional ~3 classes to choose from for each of the starting professions, though.