Ability to name our ships.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cobra

Aug 29, 2015
Star Trek had Enterprise, Star Wars had the Millennium Falcon, and Space Balls had Eagle One. Pretty basic idea, I know, but I thought Id throw it out there before space travel gets fleshed out. Tired of calling my ship the Casstech Z14.

Last edited by a moderator:

shadefalcon

Oct 13, 2015
It's bad luck changing a ship's name...

Besides I think the old Casstech 14 deserves to keep its name after all these years. Lots of memories in that one.

I'd be all up for giving a new unnamed ship a name though. Perhaps even have a christening.

Starstruck

Dec 11, 2015
I usually just refer to it as the Z14, but yeah. Naming our ships would be nice, adds a personalized touch.

I'll concede though that the Z14 should be excluded from that service. "Casstech Z14" is its identity at this point and has been for two centuries, re-christening it at this point seems almost... cruel.

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
It's bad luck changing a ship's name...

Besides I think the old Casstech 14 deserves to keep its name after all these years. Lots of memories in that one.

I'd be all up for giving a new unnamed ship a name though. Perhaps even have a christening.

it is not a ship's name, just manufacturer/model name, no? Though I usually prefer not to give names to my gear.

shadefalcon

Oct 13, 2015
it is not a ship's name, just manufacturer/model name, no? Though I usually prefer not to give names to my gear.

I was just thinking that it's been called that for so long that one can assume it is its name now :p

PentaEye

Apr 22, 2016
Ship names would be boss. Particularly if it came up during space battles.

"You pitch the USS Horsecock into firing position, and unleash a barrage to take out the enemy pirates. 122 damage!"

EDIT:

Or even better, name a ship after an actual shipping couple, like the 'Steele x Colenso'.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zavos

May 7, 2016
The casstech will always be the casstech in my heart.  But the ships after?  Definitely will come up with some name, even if i can't make the game call the ship the name. 

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Shippy McShipface

honestly i want a new ship...something to make my own and give it a name and maybe some extent of customization could be make like color and maybe a logo of whatever faction you support when they implement it and maybe messing with a weapons and shields etc

maybe different types of ships? small fast destroy that can move quick and are hard to hit but light on defenses and light weapons

moderate size frigate which would be balanced 

or maybe a big ass dreadnought that cant dodge and but has a stupid amount of armor shield and firepower

(i dont know anything about ships) 

Status
Not open for further replies.