Do Shekka and Dr.Lash have any interactions?

Milkman

Aug 28, 2015
If there aren't are there any plans for some eventually? 

According to the wiki : 

"She plans to design or buy a treatment to help with lessening her race's libido and possibly the amount of eggs being laid at a time, and to invigorate the desire to create, rather than just repair, devices. Of course, there are ethical concerns, but she feels it necessary in order to "fix" her people's current condition."

Dr.Lash seems like he'd be more than willing to do such a thing. And It seems he's actually hiding out on Tarkus because he did something even more drastic on another world.

Again from the wiki:

"He believes that lustful thoughts are major distractions in a supposedly progressive society. He is ardently against sexual emotions--very much so that, in the past, he has attempted to forcefully sterilize a dominant species of an entire planet, which in turn, has earned him a place in the United Galactic Confederacy's most-wanted criminal list."

Galvani

Feb 25, 2016
Lash doesn't seem like the type that would be fine with just decreasing libido. He'd probably sabotage the operation to cause species-wide neutering.

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Lash doesn't seem like the type that would be fine with just decreasing libido. He'd probably sabotage the operation to cause species-wide neutering.

It's actually interesting to know his opinion on how reproduction should work. Mass cloning? Or some sort of immortality to remove the need to reproduce? It doesn't seem that he actually wants extinction.

Last edited by a moderator:

Milkman

Aug 28, 2015
He'd probably be in favor of genetically engineered clones and or artificial wombs. He seems smart enough to realize why a monoculture of clones would be a bad idea so he'd probably be in favor of maintaining genetic diversity as long as the reproductive process and it's associated hormones are kept separated from / prevented from influencing people's brains and thought processes. 

matrix-pod.jpg

Something like this perhaps.

Last edited by a moderator:

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Dr. Lash's ideal method of handling genetic diversity would presumably be through direct engineering to maintain it.  Create a predefined trait list and pick results at random during embryo construction.

At any rate working with him would only cause Shekka a whole new set of problems.

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Dr. Lash's ideal method of handling genetic diversity would presumably be through direct engineering to maintain it.  Create a predefined trait list and pick results at random during embryo construction.

It's... Not actually that bad. IRL this is something I'll definitely consider. But this is something well beyond anything Tarkus could afford. Question is - how really sane Lash is and could he understand economical implications.

Milkman

Aug 28, 2015
I'm sort of surprised that Lash hasn't tried to take matters into his own hands yet. Raskvel culture and him seem highly incompatible. I guess the only reason he's stayed his hand so far is that he's probably trying to keep a semblance of a low profile. Although it seems Penny is aware of his presence.

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
Although it seems Penny is aware of his presence.

Can you please tell me where is this hinted at or stated?

Question is - how really sane Lash is and could he understand economical implications.

He is pretty stable, if nothing else, and seems to have a better grasp on financial side of running a crazy research project than most fictional mad scientists. Plus he has a solid corporate background.

Blasé-Sama

Apr 10, 2016
I believe Penny tells you about Lash when you take the path to use to bimbo gun on Badger, after you hand her the gun and wait to receive a mail.

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
I believe Penny tells you about Lash when you take the path to use to bimbo gun on Badger, after you hand her the gun and wait to receive a mail.

Thank you. I guess I was laughing so hard during the later parts of this quest that I forgot almost everything about it's initial half.