Looking for help and/or advice

KZAR-92

Nov 1, 2015
So I want to throw some weapon ideas for TiTS but I don't know what the set up for a gdoc for them would be. So does anyone have any advice on how to do a weapons list gdoc or even a link to one?

I mostly wanna know do I just put the name and description or do I need to add stats to each one.

Last edited by a moderator:

Magic Ted

Forum God
Aug 26, 2015
A weapon is a flavorful tooltip and some numbers for damage. As you might imagine, it's... not an overwhelming concern. They don't do anything. Any traces of individual weapons and items could be removed from the game wholesale with no functional change. As such, uh, you might want to nudge your efforts somewhere else.

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
-'You want it - you write it.' x infinite

-'So I wanna right this thing, point me towards a guide pls'

-'The thing you want to right is useless, better right something else'

Oh Ted.  :allears:

Magic Ted

Forum God
Aug 26, 2015
A shopkeeper's inventory can get filled out in a document in five minutes, easily. It's... not something that needs doing.

KZAR-92

Nov 1, 2015
A weapon is a flavorful tooltip and some numbers for damage. As you might imagine, it's... not an overwhelming concern. They don't do anything. Any traces of individual weapons and items could be removed from the game wholesale with no functional change. As such, uh, you might want to nudge your efforts somewhere else.

Oh okay.

Well do you think I should try to think of? Cause I was picking weapons cause it seemed the easiest choice for a someone new at trying this kind of stuff. Cause while it has been a dream of mine to work on a game I know offering an idea that might not even be accepted for TiTS is as close as I will ever get.

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
Oh okay.

Well do you think I should try to think of? Cause I was picking weapons cause it seemed the easiest choice for a someone new at trying this kind of stuff. Cause while it has been a dream of mine to work on a game I know offering an idea that might not even be accepted for TiTS is as close as I will ever get.

It will be a pretty steep difficulty spike, but writing a scene is the next smallest thing you can do. Just find an NPC or location that appeal to you and have at it. You may want to choose a non-sex scene, because competing against the standards set by the staff smut writers and some of the contributors is hard. in any case, best of luck to you.

Magic Ted

Forum God
Aug 26, 2015
Writing a scene for an already made character is a relatively small, 3k~ words, task, yet also probably a harder test because you have to try to capture the general voice of the original writer. You also gotta find a road that hasn't been traveled yet!

If you really want to get into submitting something, do an encounter. Encounters are pretty simple and self-contained, requiring at least two sex scenes for cocks n cunts respectively. Combat writing is a sinch, so you can polish the whole thing off easily within maybe even four thousand words. You can co-op anything that already has been Codex's before, even something that already has an encounter, and do a variant of that without any fuss.