Writing for existing characters(with author concent of course).

Night

Aug 26, 2015
Quick question. Is it at all allowed for someone to submit a scene for an existing character? 

To be specific I wanted to write a scene for one of my favorite characters (Kaede). I know Savin is a little conservative when it comes to his characters. But I have a lot of time on my hands and would like to put some of it to use. 

Again this is just a question, I'm not really hopefull that it'll actually get implemented, or even acknowledged knowing how these forums are. 

I have an outline writin of up if anyone would like to see (wrote it a couple hours ago so I haven't put that much into it)  

Last edited by a moderator:

The Observer

Scientist
FoE Mod
Aug 27, 2015
It's generally allowed, but like you mentioned, it's good form to check in with the author first. Writing with other peoples' characters is tougher because not mischaracterizing them is an uphill task, and if you can write a passable mimic of the original writer's authorial voice, all the better.

Night

Aug 26, 2015
It's generally allowed, but like you mentioned, it's good form to check in with the author first. Writing with other peoples' characters is tougher because not mischaracterizing them is an uphill task, and if you can write a passable mimic of the original writer's authorial voice, all the better.

A task that I am aware of. I've been reading other Kaede documents to get a proper feel and study her character. But I'd like to get Savin's approval on whether or not he would actually allow other people to write something before I actually begin writing anything. I have a lot of time, but I'm not too fond of wasting it. 

The Observer

Scientist
FoE Mod
Aug 27, 2015
A task that I am aware of. I've been reading other Kaede documents to get a proper feel and study her character. But I'd like to get Savin's approval on whether or not he would actually allow other people to write something before I actually begin writing anything. I have a lot of time, but I'm not too fond of wasting it. 

Then strap on your boots and send him a PM; he's easily available on the forums. It's what I did when I asked him for permission to create Cassidy.