Shadows on Tavros (In Game)

AsgardianPope

Mar 13, 2016
It Begins.

The mood on Tavros can be felt in the filtered air that hums out of its vents onto the merchant deck. Gawkers and hawkers of wares call out of their various shops as they try to entice the populace nearby with the temptations of gene mods and fine foods. The number of people on the deck is probably twice what it should be on any given day. What could be the reason?

It becomes apparent when you see the flyers that have been plastered the walls and occasionally are scattered about on the floor. You probably even have a flier sent to you via extranet now that you think about it. Today is the day mentioned by the fliers that Steele tech would be holding a charity concert. A space had been erected to host a massive stage. Large screens hanging overhead displayed the stage hands busy setting up before the show finally begins.

As you look on, you can over hear the thoughts of the populous.

“I heard Victor Steele will be hosting.”

“He chose an heir recently.”

“How many of his children are here?”

“My dad told me that Victor was my mom. Yeah, it's a weird story.”

Moments later throng erupts in wild cheers as an older, surprisingly dashing gentleman takes to the stage. His snow white hair is the only thing that betrays his age, as his youthful skin has no doubt been preserved through the ages through gene mods. The ovation continues for minutes unabated, before Victor raises his hands to try and silence the crowd. “Hello Tavros Station.” His voice echoes across the speakers just barely louder than the cheers of the multitude.

He a sly grin sneaks across his lips as the crowd grows silent.

“It looks like we’re at the beginning of another Planet Rush. I’m just as excited to be here as you are.” He begins to explain. “I really have to thank the local leadership of Tavros for letting us set this up. We at Steele tech really want to support this planet rush, and I’m sure you’ve heard that many of my children will be taking part in it - but I would like to invite you all to come explore the wonders of these new worlds with me.”

The crowd bursts out into deafening cheers. Once the crowd quiets down again Victor Steele begins to speak lengthily about the virtues of the planet rush. He pours civic praise upon the United Galactic Federacy, and soon his topic begins to grow prophetic as he speaks of what the future may hold. As he talks he you notice a disturbance to your right. A hooded figure has pulled something out from their cloak. Honestly you can’t believe that someone would think that wearing a brown cloak with a hood over their heads could possibly help draw attention away from themselves on a modern place like Tavros, but it seems no one else is watching this stranger.

It seems almost too fast for you to realize what happens. The hooded figure shoulders a carbine, and with a single loud crack, the cheers of an adoring crowd quickly become screams. The Victor Steele’s barrier crackles, but you soon realize that it is dissipating, and that his head is lolled backwards. His body falls limply to the stage. Victor Steele, the legendary planet rusher, was dead.

Your attention turns back to the hooded figure. They are still present, but it seems that they have plans to make an escape. The figure quickly breaks down their gun and tosses its pieces into a trash receptacle before proceeding to away walk unchallenged. It seems the authorities have either not noticed are tied up trying to manage the panicking throng which has begun to threatened stampede. Where the authorities fail, and the hearts of civilized races waver, you are still here, and you are close enough to do something about this unknown figure.

dybbuk

Feb 8, 2016
"Help us set up the speakers and you get to watch the concert for free"

"Sure" I said.  "What's the worst that could happen?"

My big frickin mouth.

I turned on my kinda working cloaking device and ready my concussion cannon waiting to fire untill I won't catch to many others in the blast.

Dragonheart42

Aug 26, 2015
A normal evening excluding the big event that Steele himself was coming and being a big event Aurora had decided to take Lilly out on a date with her for the evening to see it. A concert event with the Great Victor Steele doesn't happen often...it would go swimmingly and there would be partying and music...seemed like the perfect set up for a date as any, Lilly was happy and Aurora had gotten a few ideas for the next issue she was to publish. Intill the shot was fired, Aurora's instantly turned her head to see the assassin, letting go of her lover's hand she dashes into the crowd and pulled over her hoodie as her impulsive nature took off and she chased after the assassin thinking to herself "Too many people to active the Auroian right now...need to chase him a little bit before I can use it."

AsgardianPope

Mar 13, 2016
The hooded figure begins to pick up their pace. People continue to panic and cause disadvantage for potential ranged attempts at taking the hooded figure down, is the risk of hitting a bystander worth taking down the assassin? Veska held his breath as he lined his shot carefully. If he missed, he knew that he would hit someone in the crowd. Veska holds his breath as he lines his shot and for a brief moment the shot lines up perfectly for hair of a second as the hooded figure pauses and looks over his shoulder at what appears to be a female Ausar pressing her way through the crowd! With his quick reflexes, Veska recognizes his chance to pull the trigger!

[Veska Attack Check: Ability: Attack+1, Agile+2. Disadvantage-2 Due to crowd. Roll: 0,0,6, 6, 4. Result: 12

[Hooded Figure’s Defense Roll: Ability: Quick+3, Art of Invisibility+3. Roll: 6, 3, 4, 5, 3, 1. Result: 6]

With the sudden realization that someone had clearly spotted them in the act, gone is the calmness that seemed to permeate the hooded one’s demeanor. With a jerky panicked start, the hooded figure quickly begins attempts to duck into the crowd. Doubtless they were trying to use the crowd as a shield, but it wasn’t fast enough. Concussive force strikes the hooded figure in the back, causing them to topple over to the ground. The Figure tries to raise themselves to their feet, but collapses in a daze. The Hooded figure is stunned! They won’t have a turn next round. Aurora is forced to fight the frightened crowd without the assistance of her power armor, however, as the opponent is already down and wasn’t able to make an escape she is able to close in. Aurora is now close enough for melee!

[Aurora Running Check: Ability: None. Disadvantage-2 due to crowd. Roll: 0, 0. Result: 0]

Dragonheart42

Aug 26, 2015
Aurora grumbles as she struggles to go through the crowd, thoughts quickly going to wanting to activiate her power suit to be able to handle this easier as she bites her lip and the adrenaline goes over her head from the need to be able to subdue this opponent as she goes to strike the assassin with her bare fists in an attempt to knock him out so he can be arrested and taken by the proper authorities.

dybbuk

Feb 8, 2016
I let out a sigh of relief as I watch the assassin tumble to the ground.  Trying to push my way through the crowd I keep the cannon trained on the figure yelling "Stay down or I'll just hit you again!"

AsgardianPope

Mar 13, 2016
[Aurora Attack Check: Abilities: None. Roll:2, 4. Result: 4]

[Hooded Figure Defense Check: STUNNED]

[Hooded Figure Damage Taken: 4 – 0 = 4. Damage Multiplier for fists is 1. 1x4 =4. Hooded Figure loses 4 health.]

Aurora burst from the crowd. She grips the hooded figure’s shoulders and flips them around to face her as she straddles their chest and begins to swing away at her dazed foe. Her opponent isn’t able to put up much of a defense as the firsts of Aurora’s fury pound away into the hooded one’s face. With one particular fierce punch, spray of blood spurts out of the assassin’s busted lip. The hood falls loose allowing the shadows protecting the figure’s face to disperse, revealing the features of this stranger. It’s a Kaithrit! Those cat ears and mischevious features are unmistakable. The Cat-man has a puffy lip that is currently bleeding, and is wearing a visor over his eyes that has a tactical display. Veska threatens the Kaithrit Assassin to remain down or face peril at the end of his concussive shot once again, however, the Ausar herm can see that there is still fight in this one’s eyes. Now that he’s had a moment to get ahold of the situation again, there is no doubt that he will continue his attempt to escape next round.

Dragonheart42

Aug 26, 2015
Aurora's eyes narrow as she recognizes the eyes and his body language, she than hears the man behind her getting distracted and quickly looking back to see him before she turns her attention back at the hooded Figure, she goes to grab and keep him in her grip not wanting to let him escape when he killed Victor Steele "Your not going anywhere!"

dybbuk

Feb 8, 2016
"Alright you asked for it"

I open fire with the concussive shot again before he can regain his bearings.

AsgardianPope

Mar 13, 2016
[Aurora Wrestling Check: Abilities: None. Roll: 5, 4. Result:5]

[Hooded Figure Defense Check: Abilities: Combat Expertise +3. Roll:3, 1, 2, 3, 3. Result: 9]

Aurora, sensing the intention of Assassin tries to pin him. She slips her legs around his torso and tries to lock up his arms with hers. Her attempts prove to be ineffective as the Kaithrit shows that he has received some kind of training and is able to escape the grapple. He escapes Aurora’s grip and slips out from under her. He rises to his feet and is met with Veska and his concussive rifle once more. Veska pulls the trigger releasing another round from his rifle at the Kaithrit whom was just getting back to his feet out of the Ausar’s grip. The stunning bolt hits him square in the chest and causes him to roll across the ground from the force of the blow. The Kaithrit is Stunned!

[Veska Attack: Abilities: Attack (Accuracy)+2, Agile+2. Roll:4, 1, 2 , 2, 1, 4. Result: 8]

[Hooded Figure Defense Check: Abilities: Quick +3. Disadvantage-2 due to escaping a grapple and being unsteady on his feet. Roll:3, 2, 2 Result:4 ]

Edited: the rolls for the reason that I overlooked Veska's perk on his attack, which gave him one extra die. making a miss, a hit instead.

“Oi. Over there!” A quick chance of a glance would prove hopeful, as it seems that several security officers have caught wind of the situation and are beginning to make their way through the crowd towards Aurora and the Assassin, but as Aurora had to do before, the guards must swim through a sea of people in order to provide any sort of assistance. "UGF Marshalls! Drop the weapons!"

Last edited by a moderator:

dybbuk

Feb 8, 2016
"He's the assassin!" I yell at the security "I was trying to stop him from escaping"

I holster my weapon and raise my hands.

Dragonheart42

Aug 26, 2015
Aurora's ears perk as she hears the security knowing she's already unarmed, seeing the assassin now stunned she feels she has a moment, but prepares herself to stop the assassin if he makes any moves to try and escape but puts her hands up, keeping an eye on him intensely.

AsgardianPope

Mar 13, 2016
The stunned Kaithrit remains so as the security detail arrives. Between an overwhelming four officers, Kaithrit doesn’t have a chance to come to his senses before the offices strip him of his arsenal and take him into custody. As the security staff begins to process the situation, the Marshall stops and briefly questions both Aurora and Veska about the events that had occurred just now. After determining that they were being truthful about the assassin, the staff promptly take the Kaithrit off of the streets. Suddenly, a trio of men parts the crowd. You recognize the gentleman at the front as the mayor of Tavros. He does not speak to you personally, but one of his aides offers each of you a card with the Mayor’s office address on it. The aide mumbles a quick, “The Mayor would like to recognize you for your public service. Please see him at his office during standard business hours.”

Just as soon as they had come, the trio leaves. Then, before you can scarcely grasp the situation, another gentleman, this one with well-groomed dark hair, a collar around his neck, and no clothes but a harness approaches you. Once he stands before you, you realize he does not speak because of the ball gag in his mouth. He offers Aurora and Veska cards with the contact information for Victor Steele. Upon second glance, you realize that it is not the same Victor Steele as the one who had just been killed. Victor Steele the 23rd, the regional manager for Steele Tech. On the back of the card is a hand written message that invites you to come to Steele Tech to speak with Victor the 23rd, including a neat a signature at the end of the message, followed by “P.S. I hope you didn’t have any plans for the rest of the evening.” Before you have time to question the strange man in the fetish gear, he leaves as quickly as he came.

Veska, thanks to his Smart +2, is able to detect another person in the crowd. An old man with a beard stands off in one corner trying to get the attention of Aurora and Veska without being too obvious. Veska recognizes the signs as being associated with the criminal world of the UGC, but whether he decides to acknowledge them or not is wholly his decision.

Everything seems to be happening so quickly now, and Aurora and Veska are left alone with their decisions in a quickly emptying plaza.

dybbuk

Feb 8, 2016
"Yanno" I say looking over the business cards I was just handed "I've seen some strange stuff since coming here but this is a whole new level."

"Any way, my names Veska.  Thanks for the help!"  I say as I offer my hand to the Asuar.

"It looks like he wants to talk to us too" pointing with my other hand.

Dragonheart42

Aug 26, 2015
Aurora puts the business card in her pocket beforethe Raskvel speaks to her, she shakes his hand with a smile "I'm Aurora, its no trouble...honestly I'm probably going to see the mayor, would you want to come with me?" after he points out the man trying to wave them out she looks over to get a good look at the man

dybbuk

Feb 8, 2016
"Sounds good to me, but why don't we talk to the bearded guy first since were already here?"

Dragonheart42

Aug 26, 2015
Aurora nods "That sounds fine with me" As she says pulling out her phone and sending a few text messages to her girlfriend as she follows Veska

dybbuk

Feb 8, 2016
I move to follow him, casually resting my hand on the holster of my cannon.

"By the way this guys probably a criminal" I whisper out of the corner of my mouth.

Dragonheart42

Aug 26, 2015
Aurora nods, while she doesn't seem to have any weaponry on her...her eyes shine with a bit of confidence as she follows.

AsgardianPope

Mar 13, 2016
Should they choose to continue to follow this bearded stranger he would lead them down winding pathways in Tavros station, and that the quality of the merchant deck that he was leading them continued to plummet. Eventually, the bearded men enters a shop and walks past the clerk and into a back room. The Shopkeeper ignores both you and the bearded man should you choose to enter the back room as well. The room has long drapes covering the walls with a trio of couches in the center of it arranged in a circle around a coffee table. The Bearded man had already made it to the far side of the room where there was a mini fridge, alongside a counter that had a built in sink and stove. “I wasn’t sure you’d follow me.” A feminine voice like melted butter greets them. The Bearded man takes a tea kettle from the stove along with four cups, the fourth cup having a spoon in it along with cubes of sugar. He places the arrangement on the coffee table before grabbing at his hair and seemingly pulling his face off. It wasn’t a bearded man at all! The face is quite feminine although alien. Whatever she is, she doesn’t seem to resemble any of the UGC races. She has dark eyes, and instead of hair she has some kind of soft spines. Veska, due to his intelligence most certainly recognizes her for what she is. She is from one of the worlds being visited by the planet rush, she is a Nyrea. Although figuring out whether she was a male or female Nyrea was a different question. Her race all looked like women, but the only the men were the ones who didn't have dicks. She sits down at the couch and fills the cups with the tea from the kettle.

“There’s a lot going on this station these days. I was really impressed that you two took on a trained assassin without a second thought! It gives me great hope.” She takes a sip from her tea and looks down into the liquid swimming in her cup.

Dragonheart42

Aug 26, 2015
Aurora seems to remain on her guard the entire way, keeping an eye on the surronding area. Once they reach the room and the woman? takes off her mask Aurora speaks up "Well, of course...I couldn't let the person who assassinated Victor Steele not be brought to the proper authorities...so why have you called us here? and...a fourth person I presume?" Aurora says, motioning a bit to the fact there are four cups

AsgardianPope

Mar 13, 2016
"Haha, no fourth person, its filled with sugar cubes." The Nyrea playfully jiggled the cup so that the chinking of the cubes could be heard against the glass. She wore an amused smile before she took on a more serious visage. “Anyway. Let me introduce myself; My name is Ray.  I’m not sure how long you guys have been on Tavros, but I guess you could say I’m the Patriarch of this side of town. I could tell you my whole life story if you’re interested, but you did say you wanted to know why I asked you here, so I’ll keep it simple. I see you guys as people who get things done, and I’m working to protect the people who get stepped on during the planet rush. The people’s discovered during the planet rush are usually strong armed into the UGC, and just look at Tavros here. So many would be Rushers and Merhcants come here with hopes and dreams, only for them to lose everything and get stuck on this station with no way to leave and no hope. Things aren’t good in Tavros – the Mayor is corrupt, and while I respect Victor Steele, he was honestly the only thing decent about Steele Tech.  You can’t trust those guys, they just plan to step on the backs of my people, the poor of Tavros. But yeah. Basically. I called you here because I think you guys can get things done. I think you already proved it.”

Dragonheart42

Aug 26, 2015
"I've been on Tavros for some time...working mostly as a writer." Aurora sips her tea gently as she listens to Ray's tale "And crime is high too I'm guessing? I'm willing to help those in need, I love to lend some kind of aid to those in need." She idlely rearranged her necklace before looking at her companion to see what he says

dybbuk

Feb 8, 2016
" I've only been here a few months, but speaking as someone who lost everything the moment he arrived here and a from a recently discovered planet I'm all for helping." I said "But what will we be helping with?"

AsgardianPope

Mar 13, 2016
“Have you ever heard the story of Robin hood? I hear its from a world called Earth in the UGC.” Ray picks up the spoon from the sugar cube cup and helps herself to two cubes. She watches them as they melt into her tea, but she doesn’t look up at the two who are present before her. “For starters I want to get you guys to really believe in my cause. I hope you don’t resent that I can’t believe that you’d trust me at my word.” She brings her cup to her lips as she takes a long sip before placing it back down upon the counter. “Some Places in Tavros have taxes. Maybe that isn’t too surprising to you, but I want you to really go take a good look at those purported toll collectors. I got my ears to the ground, and I hear people tell me stories about these guys. One in particular is particularly nasty. Gilgarl. An Ovir who runs a check point at the elevator from Deck 34. If you can’t pay the toll you can’t leave the deck. That’s among other things… I mean… you are heroes right? People are dying here because of corruption like this. I’d like you to go investigate Gilgarl for yourselves – when he is on duty of course. Just take a look at how the poor are being mistreated while the Government ignores anything illegal.”

She sighs and takes another sip at her cup. She swirls the tea about before grabbing the kettle and adding more to her own cup. She gestures to refill the cups of Aurora and Veska as well. Should they accept she would pour tea for them once more. “I want to change the way the government thinks on Tavros. I want to wake them up. If you want to help, go see that fucking Ovir on Deck 34 and see if there is anyway you can help the people over there.”

Dragonheart42

Aug 26, 2015
"I see...when is this Gilgarl on duty? I would like to see if your word is true." Aurora takes another sip before smiling and taking the offer for more tea "And if it is...I cannot turn a blind eye to it, I will make sure something is done to help those in need when I see it. And don't worry...I'm tougher than I look" She gives a confident smirk

dybbuk

Feb 8, 2016
"I think I've heard of him, I could stand to take an ass like that down a peg" I say while accepting more tea.

AsgardianPope

Mar 13, 2016
“I’m glad to hear you guys say such things. He works the 9 to 5 shift on the Universal Time Zone, and its…” She pulls out a communicator from her pocket and lights up the display. “8 PM UTC now, so you’d probably wouldn’t get to see him there now. If you really want to check things out, why don’t you head on over around noon, tomorrow? I hear that’s when it gets busy. You’re more likely to see him in action then. IF you’d like, you are welcome to spend the evening here. In the future, if you need to get in contact with me for whatever reason, just head on down here. You walk right past the shop keep into this back room. I’ll either be here, or I’ll leave a message about when I’ll be back if needed. Anyway… It was a pleasure to meet you both. I really look forward to having you on our side.” She reaches across the table and offers to shake Veska and Aurora’s hands.