Is My Addiction a Bug?

IAmTheDeviantFriend

Mar 26, 2016
Playing ver. 0.6.40.

Day 99.

On Myrellion.

My character is addicted to Red Myr venom. I'm currently going through withdrawal, but the timer on the status icon says that I have 8353D, 22H, 24M left before my withdrawal is completed. The time does decrease as per normal like any other timed status, but this seems like an inordinate amount of time to go through withdrawal. Is this a glitch?

I know that I could just carry a bunch of bottles of red venom with me to keep myself out of withdrawal, but I'd like to get rid of the status altogether.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

StarcraftJunkie

Aug 29, 2015
If you've progressed to full venom slut status, you're permanently, irrevocably addicted (check your perks in case you missed the message).

Otherwise, yes, that's a bug.

K

Krynh

Probably, although you'd need to know what the state is named to be able to edit it.

Fenoxo

Corrupter of Tainted Space
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Mareth
www.fenoxo.com
Should be something like chars or characters -> statusEffects -> Random Number. Then the statusEffect name and time left should be stored there.

Definitely seems like a but, but not sure how it happened.

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
Characters => PC => Status Effects => Number. The name of each effect is listed as storageName and time left as minutesleft

It may be a good idea to make a copy of your save file before changing anything, both for usual safety reasons and for possible bug report.

Edit: Slooow refresh rate is sloow.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
I set mine to last forever.

IAmTheDeviantFriend

Mar 26, 2016
I found the effect and was able to successfully edit it to 24H.

I tested the edit by letting the time expire on my withdrawal. I then purposefully exposed myself to Red Myr Venom again.

As soon as the effects of the venom expired, I started withdrawal symptoms lasting 8354D, 19H, 16M.

I understand the easy solution would just be to avoid the venom while on Myrellion (and re-edit the file if accidentally encountered). However, if anyone has an idea as to how to make it so I don't go through withdrawal at all, that would be best.

Thanks again for everyone's help!!

K

Krynh

You mean remain permanently addicted and on the venom or not get addicted?

IAmTheDeviantFriend

Mar 26, 2016
Check the way that Venom Dosage Level behaves in your save. It's listed in the Myrellion section of the Log function in your Codex. In any case, I recommend you to report the issue.

My Venom Addiction Level is at 58%. And I've had 35 sex-related doses.

In Minerva, my Venom_Progress flag is at 100.

As an aside, I could not see the Red Myr Venom section in my codex at first. However, it became visible after I looked at the Race section for Red Myr in the codex,