Shadows on Tavros {Set up}

AsgardianPope

Mar 13, 2016
Setting:

Trials in Tainted Space

‘At the heart of the planet rush is Tavros station. Merchants and Adventurers seeking the treasures of uncivilized worlds have gathered here. Yet in the shadows of the station the social anxiety of clashing cultures has begun fester. Tavros is quickly becoming a warhead. The smallest spark could mean the end of this alabaster beacon at the edge of civilized space.’

How to Play:      

I’m looking for possibly 4 to 6 players. For the sake of fairness, and also so I don’t have to choose between your wonderful and creative ideas; first come, first serve. I will be the Game Master. I’m converting one of my favorite DnD modules into a TiTs game, so I hope to enjoy it with you. We will be doing play by post. My desired start date is the 28 of march. We'll be following most of the basic canon, but I reserve the right to tweak the setting in order to fit the narrative. 

The rules will be based on the OVA role playing game. When your success is in doubt over an action, two six sided dice will determine whether you succeed or fail. You will roll the dice and take the higher of the two numbers. If the numbers are the same, add them together instead. The result is then compared against either the roll of someone else, or by a Difficulty Number determined by the game Master.

If your character is good at what he is trying to do, or perhaps you have luck on your side, the roll will be modified. Dice will be added to your roll when you have skill or the situation is in your favor. The amount of dice is determined by your level of skill, with each point equaling one more die.

If the situation is not in your favor, or if it is representative of a weakness of yours then you must remove a number of dice equal to your level in that weakness, or against a set number to represent the odds that are against you. If you get negative dice, you roll extra dice equal to the penalty and take the lowest result instead. Duplicate dice are never added together when negative dice are rolled.

When an action is called for, all relevant modifiers are added together. If the end result is positive, you add dice to your roll, otherwise you get negative dice.

Free Dice:

Throughout the game, the Game Master can award free dice that can be saved and used to improve any roll you see fit. The dice can be awarded for clever use of abilities, excellent character roleplaying, or generally improving the quality of the game for anyone else. In especially desperate situations, you can spend 30 stamina to add another die to your roll.

Character Creation:

Step 1: Concept

Get an idea for what you would like to play. For the purpose of this game, any race is playable and can be started with. The only limitation factor is “does this make sense in the lore?” As this is an RP, and if you have a good background.

Step 2: The Abilities & Weaknesses

Abilities can basically be anything that make sense. What is your character good at? What technologies and weaponry does the character have? You purchase your equipment, weaponry, and skills with Ability points. The only limit on what gear, weapons, or skills you can have is if it can be explained in RP. Each level has an associated cost. Points spent are cumulative and each level’s cost must be met by the total number of points spent. Characters gain points by taking weaknesses. Each weakness provides a number of points equal to the cost of their level. The maximum amount of points that can be gained through weaknesses is 15.

Level 1….1

Level 2….2

Level 3….4

Level 4….5

Level 5….15

Attacks can be further modified with perks and flaws. See this link for a reference on what can be abilities or weaknesses as well as what perks or flaws you can have on an attack:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwKqximVd5x2QkwwZ21oYkg4X2c

Step 4:

Health, Lust, and Stamina each represent different your character’s ability to resist injury and stave off exhaustion and resist sexual advances. Both Health and Endurance start at 40. Lust starts at 0, but if it reaches 40 then a character will be too turned on to any actions other than satiating their lust. Various actions can drain endurance, and attacks can lower health. Drugs, Teasing, pheromones, or similar effects can raise Lust. Climaxing lowers lust back to 0.  

Step 5:

The finishing touches. Go ahead and fill these out. Once you have your abilities and profile complete, you’re ready to play. Feel free to ask any questions if you don't understand the rules.

Name:

Race:

Height:

Weight:

Hair Color:

Eye Color:

Hobbies:

Favorite Food:

Abilities:

Weaknesses:

Background:

dybbuk

Feb 8, 2016
Name: Veska

Race:Raskvel

Height:3'7”

Weight:42lbs.

Hair Color: Red plumage

Eye Color: blue

Hobbies: Trying new things and repairing his gear

Favorite Food: Anything hot and greasy

Abilities: Agile 2: +2
Attack 1: +1 (Area effect +10, Stunning +10, No Damage -20, Weapon -5, Accurate +5, Ranged 0)
Attack 3: +4 (Unwieldy -10, Weapon -5, Accurate +5, Armor-piercing +5, Effective +5, Ranged 0)
Invisibility 2: +2
Smart 2: +2
Dexterous 2: +2

Weaknesses: Weak lv 4: - 5 points
Vulnerability lust lv 2: -2 points
Awkward size lv 2: -2 point
Poor lv 3: -4 points

Background: Growing up on Tarkus Veska was filled with wanderlust from a young age and always wanted to explore. After an especially lucky scavenging trip he managed to repair some good gear and had enough money left over to purchase a ticket on the next ship to leave the planet. After he arrived at Tavros station he immediately fell on hard times after all his money was stolen and spends his days mostly doing odd jobs around the station.

AsgardianPope

Mar 13, 2016
The game will start on March 28 with whoever is interested. Otherwise, it will be just Dybbuk and myself. If you want to join later on I'm good for that as well

Last edited by a moderator:

TheAnnoyingNoob

Sep 6, 2015
Posting interest/to remind myself to get an app in tomorrow. I may not respond much around the end of the week (I'll be in New York with family) but after that my schedule is clear.

AubreyC

Mar 26, 2016
Hello. I'm also posting to show interest. I should have profile up tonight or tomorrow morning. 

AsgardianPope

Mar 13, 2016
okay you are welcome. I still hope to start on March 28, although I may push it back if the group feels they need more time. and always if you need assistance making a character or have any questions please let me know.

AsgardianPope

Mar 13, 2016
yesh. The other two haven't posted characters in the topic yet, so it is still open for new people. Let me know if you have questions or need help with character creation.

TheAnnoyingNoob

Sep 6, 2015
Sorry about that. Working on things but too busy to guarantee I'll get anything in soon. Feel free to start w/o me.

AsgardianPope

Mar 13, 2016
Okay, I posted the first in game post. Please post in the in game thread once you have posted your character here. You can join at any time, but you'll need a valid reason for your character to join up with the group, if you need assistance with this please let me know and I'll work it into the story.

Also

I think I failed to mention this, but you may take one combat related action per round; if you are attacked you are granted a defensive action as well. You can use any number of your abilities during a combat action, as long as they are relevant. For the sake of fairness I’ll be handling all the dice rolls. Just mention in your posts OOC text if you want to make a roll for an action and what relevant weaknesses and abilities apply to it.

Dragonheart42

Aug 26, 2015
Name: Aurora

Race: Ausar

Height: 5'7"

Weight: 105lbs

Hair Color: Crimson Red

Eye Color: Blue and yellow (heterochromic)

Appearance(Picture wise): Aurora

Hobbies: Secret and creating mangas

Favorite Food: Chocolate Milkshake

Abilities:
    Transformation lvl 5 - +15

Transformation Abilties (Available only during transformation) [Base Points: 30] :
    -Aurora's transformation comes in the form of an extremely aigle and fast performing powered armor that covers her body and gives her a helmet that partially obscures her face from view, normally the      power armor appears as the pendant she wears which houses the power source of the armor along with the parts it needs to become the armored and skin tight suit that is her powered armor.
        Agile lvl 2: +2
        Armored lvl 2: +2
        Attack lvl 2: (Weapon -5, Overwhelming(+15), Recoil(-10), Ranged(+0))
        Barrier lvl 3: +4
        Charismic lvl 2: +2
        Combat expertise 2: +2
        Dexterous lvl 2: +2
        Attack lvl 1: +1 (Weapon -5, Accurate +5)
        Endurance Reserve 1: +1
        Evasive lvl 3: +4
        Flight lvl 2: +2
        Teleport lvl 2: +2
        Time Freeze lvl 2: +2 
        Self Repair lvl 1: +1 (Power Suit auto repairs itself outside of combat)
        Quick lvl 1: +1
        Tough lvl 1: +1
        Famous lvl 2: +2 (Hero status)

Transformation Weaknesses(Available only during transformation):
        Overconfident lvl 2: -2
        Limited Uses lvl 1: -1

Weaknesses:
Secret lvl 2: -2
Focus lvl 2: -2, Special Pendant to use the Transformation Ability
Guardian lvl 1: -1
Easily Distracted lvl 1: -1
Impulsive lvl 2: -2
Kind-hearted lvl 3: -4
Obsession lvl 2: -2, Obession to collect the underwear of others
Love Interest lvl 1: -1        

Backstory: Abandoned on the streets at a young age, Aurora had to resort to stealing and murder to survive, often times causing herself to be wounded and hurt in the process. Although she was always kind to her fellow orphans and put herself often times into harms way to help others, even if it hurt herself too. One day a man took her off the streets and dediced to raise her as his daughter when he saw the young Aurora protecting a kid. He raised her lovingly and showed her the wonderful things he could craft, such as power suits and things to help people, along with allowing her to obtain an education. As she grew up he began to build the future suit she would use to help others, the Auroian Prism Mk. V, and he gifted this powered suit in the form of a necklace to her on her 16th birthday. It was also during that 16th birthday that she would meet her future girlfriend, Lilliana(an ausar). It wasn't til a year later where she would confess her crush on Lilliana and begin dating her, but while that was the up of her life that year...it was the same year her father was killed by some men wanting his tech and it was on that day when the raiders attempted to kill her her pendant activiated and she set out to become a hero while trying to maintain a girlfriend and her manga stories that she would base off her own heroics.

AsgardianPope

Mar 13, 2016
by way of information my internet has been shut off at my house, so I probably won't have a post up until that is repaired. Sorry team.