Stardew Valley Waifu Wars! (SVWW)

DonKiwi

Feb 6, 2016
Hello everyone! it's me Don Kiwi who when he checked the forums for something interesting to read. As I was doing so irealized that there doesn't seem to be any thread about this beatifull game called "Stardew Valley" yet. So I took it upon myself to create one and what better way to start a discussion than a waifu war?

As a start I claim that best waifu is Penny because she's a bookworm and shy and generally awesome.

So, without further ado let the waifu war begin!

shadefalcon

Oct 13, 2015
So is this a waifu war or the official Stardew valley discussion thread?...or both?

I haven´t really played much of the game yet, but so far it´s pretty entertaining. 

As for waifus I think I´m going for Abigail. But for now I won´t take up arms before I´ve played some more.

Taboo-Sho

Sep 9, 2015
So is this a waifu war or the official Stardew valley discussion thread?...or both?

I haven´t really played much of the game yet, but so far it´s pretty entertaining. 

As for waifus I think I´m going for Abigail. But for now I won´t take up arms before I´ve played some more.

Agreed, Abigail is who Im going for, Probably gonna be the same when I do a female play through.

Torzar

Aug 26, 2015
I like Abigail most as well. She seems to have some dragon blood in her, considering how much she seems to like eating gemstones.

Eyero

Sep 27, 2015
I'm currently somewhere between Penny and Leah- I'm kind of a bookish type myself, although I do have a certain respect for the arts as well (even though shaky hands= can only draw stuff that would make Picasso himself say "Dude, wtf is this?"). In terms of heart arcs, though, I reckon Leah's a little more fleshed out, so I'll probably court her on my next run.

That, and I'm kind of a sucker for redheads :3

Ruri

Apr 26, 2016
So, what's the appeal of this game over bigger budget projects like Rune Factory?

MESeele

Aug 26, 2015
So, what's the appeal of this game over bigger budget projects like Rune Factory?

-There's always something amazing about seeing a game in progress growing and changing, and being part of that community (if you so choose). Same with Fenco games.
-Dunno about the earlier titles, but RF4 beats the hell outta current Stardew imo. However, pretty sure Rune Factory isn't so popular over here, and Stardew is instead often compared to Harvest Moon. That said, I'm enjoying Stardew over any of the Harvest Moon games I've played.
     -Crafting: Rune Factory 4 (better combat craft) = Stardew (better farm craft) >> Harvest Moon
     -Farming: Stardew > HM > RF
     -Combat: RF4 >>> Stardew > HM (Harvest Moon doesn't have combat tho...)
     -Character Customization: RF > HM = Stardew
     -Farm/Town Customization: Stardew > HM > RF
     -Waifus+Husbandos: ??? (I really haven't pursued this area enough in Stardew to have a decent opinion)
     -Art: subjective; Stardew is old school pixel style, but the portrait quality is meh (mods give options though)
-It's actually a pretty good game in it's own right, and holds its own against its mainline competitors (as seen from above)
-As a WIP, Stardew has unseen potential. What it'll lead to is unclear...but it's there, and that's kinda exciting

All in all, where RF places its emphasis on combat, and Harvest Moon on farming, Stardew is a pretty good middle-ground, and totally worth checking out

AndyisRandy

Jan 8, 2016
I married Abigail, her main draw was she likes the cold and hates summer. Her musical talent and desire to be an adventurer are nice too.

Last edited by a moderator:

GruntledDev

May 4, 2016
I went for Abby as well. She's just too cute. I'd kind of like to edit her sprite to have a cuter outfit though...

Kei

Aug 29, 2015
Abigail is fun, Penny is a darling and Leah is interesting. Maru is just boring and Haley is too much of a bimbo to interest me. I hear the developer is going to add Emily as a marriageable... that looks promising.

MESeele

Aug 26, 2015
After more playing, probably Abigail. Btw, you guys hear about the coming multiplayer? That's pretty cool.