Why isn't Herm a starting option for Half-Kaithrit PC?

djunk101

Oct 6, 2015
The codex says there is a "statistically significant occurrence of hermaphroditism" for Kaithrit. If it happens naturally in Kaithrit shouldn't that be an option?

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
That just means that there are herms, not that you can be born a herm. Also, statistically significant just means there's at least X% of herms around the galaxy. I don't remember my statistics that well but I'm pretty sure it's a single digit.

djunk101

Oct 6, 2015
Kara specifically states she was born a herm when asking about her past in KaraQuest 2. Also, the line "statistically significant occurrence of hermaphroditism" is in the "Sexes" part of the beginning of the codex, not history or society and culture, implying natural occurrence as opposed to mass modding. The character creation is, or at least appears to be, choosing from naturally occuring genetics from the mother's race. Even if herms are a mutation, they appear to be one that can easily occur, like how red hair is one in humans.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fuzzybear

Sep 15, 2015
Honestly, full hermaphrodite should have been a starting option for nearly any race at the very beginning, Dear old Mom & Dad *did* have us artificially inseminated in a top-shelf gene-lab, there is even a mention of how difficult the half-leithan splice is supposed to have been...   However, on the other paw, it really is *not* that difficult to start out as male, and add in some lady-parts later.  If you're female, you don't have to wait long before you can get into Penny's supply of Male-enhancement drugs either.

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
Because while it's possible for a full kaithrit to naturally be a hermaphrodite, a half-kaithrit might not.

djunk101

Oct 6, 2015
Because while it's possible for a full kaithrit to naturally be a hermaphrodite, a half-kaithrit might not.

Key word there is "might". Until we get official confirmation one way or another, it's still a legitimate question.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
The only race that has futa as a starting option is also the race that doesn't have dickless women, only futas and males. That's why kui-tan get that option when nobody else does.

djunk101

Oct 6, 2015
The only race that has futa as a starting option is also the race that doesn't have dickless women, only futas and males. That's why kui-tan get that option when nobody else does.

I'm only mentioning it because it is the only starting race that lists three sexes in the codex section as opposed to two. I don't care too much anyway since the Synth Sheath is on Tarkus and there aren't really any required one off scenes before that (sans Celise in the tutorial), but it felt logical to include it, again because of the codex. Just wanted to put the question and the reasoning behind it out there.

Milkman

Aug 28, 2015
Even before the synth sheath you can buy a dose of throb while still on Mengha.