Codex Expansion Ideas

ShadowLurker

Mar 9, 2016
I'm not entirely sure how much work this would require but I had a couple of ideas for the Codex.

A Crew/Major NPCs Section - Contains Bios and description with their personal encounter log items attached at the bottom.

A Spacecraft Section - For named and general spaceships.

New Fiction to be unlocked as you complete Codex Sections.  Example, Unlocking all the Tarkus entries would unlock the story Bull's Strength.  I like the idea of the Fiction being a kind of reward.

These are just ideas

PyrateHyena

Oct 13, 2015
I like those...

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Space/ship stuff will probably get added when space/ship stuff gets added. And I could have sworn we already have Codex fiction, no?

Anyway, there's a (tiny) amount of encounter information for NPCs in the Stats screen, but not to the extent that you want.

ShadowLurker

Mar 9, 2016
I don't mind writing stories to be unlocked for the codex, and I could probably do a decent job with the Char. Bios from the docs (unsure about what is required for the encounter log attachments).  However, my attempt on the ship section would be sorely lacking since I have no idea if ship speed, combat ratings, shielding, etc. is actually going to be important, ie ship combat gets implemented and needs to conform to specs or it's all flavor and can be made up as needed.

Example

• Steele Victory
  • Make; Cassiopeia Technological Industries
  • Model; Z14
  • Class; Courier
  • Owner; PC Steele
  • Pilot; PC Steele
  • Crew Compliment; 2
  • Sublight Engines
  • Light Engines
  • Shields
  • Armaments
  • height x length x depth

Description of ship here including special modifications not listed in bullet points.

Besides the crew, who should be included in bios?

Space/ship stuff will probably get added when space/ship stuff gets added. And I could have sworn we already have Codex fiction, no?

Anyway, there's a (tiny) amount of encounter information for NPCs in the Stats screen, but not to the extent that you want.

I'm hoping, but I haven't actually heard anything about that being the case.

Yes, there is codex fiction.  Bull's Strength is in fact one of the two pieces currently included.  I was think of making it a type of reward for completing Codex sections.

I was just talking about adding the Stats info at the bottom of the Bios

ShadowLurker

Mar 9, 2016
Question - Are the Codex Entry Headers hard coded or can they be variable?  Can they be invisible instead of Locked?  J Steele works as an alt to Jack/Jill, but BEA isn't a good BESS/BEN.  I could also write up  separate entries for each Jack/Jill/BEN/BESS but I would rather not Locked Entries without being able to unlock them.

Lashcharge

Aug 27, 2015
Question - Are the Codex Entry Headers hard coded or can they be variable?  Can they be invisible instead of Locked?  J Steele works as an alt to Jack/Jill, but BEA isn't a good BESS/BEN.  I could also write up  separate entries for each Jack/Jill/BEN/BESS but I would rather not Locked Entries without being able to unlock them.

I don't know if they are hard coded, but you can write it as if you assume they aren't.

You could also post a lot of suggestions, since Ben/Bess can be named differently. Another suggestion is going with thing like Rival and Sexbot in those cases.