Question about Myrellian Finale

SorenMageofMareth

Aug 28, 2015
That too.  Personally I'm not out to destroy Xenogen (for one thing that's essentially impossible), but taking them down a few pegs would be appreciated, even if that doesn't really have an effect beyond flavor text.  Certainly I don't think it speaks well of Captain Steele's potential as a CEO if they're making deals that make them a few thousand credits and make Xenogen a few trillion.  Developing Steele Biomedical into a viable competitor is one of the few things you'd be able to do so far that's actually relevant to the alleged goal of the game.  It's similar to why after some thought I'm in favor of your banana republic simulator: if Steele is supposed to be a businessman and leader, they really ought to have some opportunities to actually show it.

Yeah those deals sound really bad when you think  that way but it's not like we can actually sell them to our own company beyond maybe the Orange pill IIRC. And for the most part literally any dude could have walked those in.  Or just talked them into the lab with sex.  

Unless selling those unique options to our own company is something we can actually do it's probably going to happen anyway.   Though our nanobots storing genetic information to be beamed back to the Doctor's labs to produce mod that would otherwise be pumped into production by Xenogen would be kinda cool.   Eat five zil treats either normally or in some destructive method on the ship that doesn't transform you and Leeseau makes Honeyseed et all and Zill Alpha.

Similar could probably happen with Ganreal Crystal Shards going to us instead of Kiha Corp. 

Heather_Trails

Jan 20, 2016
Basically the Synthesis ending from Mass Effect 3.

The problem with this is that it fails to grasp the concepts behind the medieval era thinking behind the war itself. I concede that in the long term, making everyone one race would eventually lead to a more stable position, but people wouldn't just lose their loyalties and ideals just because their chitin changed colour.

The once-red Myr would still be loyal to their emirate, and the once-gold Myr would be loyal to their kingdom. Nothing would change for several generations. All this move would do is make the battlefield more confusing, honestly.

Before introducing Orange Myr into the population, tensions absolutely need to be cut, otherwise it will simply escalate existing tension, with both sides either blaming each other or taking the transformations as an opportunity to strike from plain sight, as it were. Rather than stopping the saber rattling, it would simply reboot the war in earnest, likely with everyone even more angry than before due to their involuntary new forms.

Wow, I can't believe nobody's ever suggested that before! What a brilliant plan with no downsides at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111!1

It was a joke, I'm not that stupid. I was hoping it would be taken as such because I said 'everything' and not 'all the Myr'. Putting it in the water would literally turn every single creature on the planet (or at least all the ones who took from or lived in that water source) into Myr, as well. Not just bad for the Myr, but bad for the ecosystem, as well.

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
It was a joke, I'm not that stupid. I was hoping it would be taken as such because I said 'everything' and not 'all the Myr'. Putting it in the water would literally turn every single creature on the planet (or at least all the ones who took from or lived in that water source) into Myr, as well. Not just bad for the Myr, but bad for the ecosystem, as well.

Actually that brings up a good point, can random animals be transformed into a sentient species? And if so, what the hell happens to them mentally wise?

StarcraftJunkie

Aug 29, 2015
Actually that brings up a good point, can random animals be transformed into a sentient species? And if so, what the hell happens to them mentally wise?

You mean sapient species. A number of animal species are already sentient. Most dogs and cats, for example.

Ethereal Dragon

Aug 28, 2015

sounds a lot like forced rapid evolution through the means of uplifting a species.

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
You mean sapient species. A number of animal species are already sentient. Most dogs and cats, for example.

Probably should not type when half asleep

sounds a lot like forced rapid evolution through the means of uplifting a species.

A very traumatic sounding uplift, sudden sapience isn't something you can expect or handle easily.

Melody

Feb 5, 2016
I really do like the idea of going a bit of a business/management direction with later portions of the game and expanding Steele Tech on your own. I like the current RPG direction, but I could see business and traditional role-playing mixing in a very interesting way. And if you have trouble grasping the business concepts, you can always save-scum.

Helping Steele scientists to research bio-developments that you can then use or get at cheap prices down the line sounds like a huge boon to the game's transformation system and economy. Not to mention that there's huge potential for the concepts of trading goods, being raided by space pirates, and slowly conquering the frontier through business.

This all may be asking a bit much of the game though. Being honest, Trials in Tainted Space is already a really impressive game, with even more impressive potential, and I think manually taking the reins and giving power to Steele Tech on your own in exchange for some credits and higher power in the company could be a nice mission alongside finding the pods.

It'd also make it feel more earned when you finally wind up the CEO of Steele tech.