4+ arms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crablord

Jan 18, 2016
is there currently a way to get additional arms? (like the myr queens, etc) 

Milkman

Aug 28, 2015
No and there never will, Fen has banned TF's that grant the player extra arms which is why races like the gold myr bug me... We'll never be able to TF into a complete member of that species. 

Wife Material

Jan 25, 2016
Shame that lots of fun stuff is going to be forbidden due to the many moods of Fen. 

Seems rather kink shamy to me, but eh it can't be helped. 

Milkman

Aug 28, 2015
It's not kink shammy but rather Coding sanity/ self preservation. Fen doesn't want anything to fuck with the amount of fingers/ thumbs a character has a available to work with, so that the complexity of scenes involving doing anything with your hands don't snowball because of potentially different configurations. Stuff like extra arms would also, raise questions about wielding extra weapons which would also become a pain to balance against the rest of the combat system. With the rule in place all authors writing scenes for the game can safely assume that all players will have 10 fingers/ a pair of opposable thumbs which can be used.

So yeah I get where the logic behind the restriction is coming from. It just bugs me that then they also throw sapient/ humanoid races at us that flaunt stuff we can never have. The gold myr tease us with the impossible, I'm glad that we can at least get red Myr venom through.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wife Material

Jan 25, 2016
It's not kink shammy but rather Coding sanity/ self preservation. Fen doesn't want anything to fuck with the amount of fingers/ thumbs a character has a available to work with, so that the complexity of scenes involving doing anything with your hands don't snowball because of potentially different configurations. Stuff like extra arms would also, raise questions about wielding extra weapons which would also become a pain to balance against the rest of the combat system. With the rule in place all authors writing scenes for the game can safely assume that all players will have 10 fingers/ a pair of opposable thumbs which can be used.

So yeah I get where the logic behind the restriction is coming from. It just bugs me that then they also throw sapient/ humanoid races at us that flaunt stuff we can never have. The gold myr tease us with the impossible, I'm glad that we can at least get red Myr venom through.

We also won't ever have space vampires. 

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
I'd say that the "No, your character will never have three or more arms" line should be added to a TiTS FAQ as soon as possible.

Also, I wonder what's that magnifying glass icon for...
emot-allears.gif

Lashcharge

Aug 27, 2015
It's not kink shammy but rather Coding sanity/ self preservation. Fen doesn't want anything to fuck with the amount of fingers/ thumbs a character has a available to work with, so that the complexity of scenes involving doing anything with your hands don't snowball because of potentially different configurations. With the rule in place all authors writing scenes for the game can safely assume that all players will have 10 fingers/ a pair of opposable thumbs which can be used.

I remember Savin saying that the minimum of fingers allowed was two fingers and only one thumb. But that was a while ago and I'm not sure if I remember correctly. And I don't remember if Fen commented on it or not.

I don't think there is a actually a problem since the actual number of fingers of the PC never appears in the text themselves, or atleast I've never seen it. It usually goes by "fingers" (which requires two) and writing anything else would probably stand out as being oddly specific.

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
I remember Savin saying that the minimum of fingers allowed was two fingers and only one thumb. But that was a while ago and I'm not sure if I remember correctly. And I don't remember if Fen commented on it or not.

I don't think there is a actually a problem since the actual number of fingers of the PC never appears in the text themselves, or atleast I've never seen it. It usually goes by "fingers" (which requires two) and writing anything else would probably stand out as being oddly specific.

When you are writing sex scenes you generally assume that the player has four fingers and a thumb.  Do not design hands that do not have four fingers and a thumb.  I will be very pissed if you design hands that have four fingers and a thumb.

Lashcharge

Aug 27, 2015
When you are writing sex scenes you generally assume that the player has four fingers and a thumb.  Do not design hands that do not have four fingers and a thumb.  I will be very pissed if you design hands that have four fingers and a thumb.

The actual number of fingers never comes up as relevant. But that's beside the point.

If there's a race with non-allowed traits it will likely just end up going the four-arm Gold Myr way.

SorenMageofMareth

Aug 28, 2015
It's already lore busted.  Dane states a really tiny but in a galaxy not that rare number of two armed peeps have the brain capacity to coordinate four arms.   He's one of them and we are not.  Also didn't spring for the gene. 

So Sadly we can never become Asura. 

Corivas

Aug 29, 2015
It's already lore busted.  Dane states a really tiny but in a galaxy not that rare number of two armed peeps have the brain capacity to coordinate four arms.   He's one of them and we are not.  Also didn't spring for the gene. 

So Sadly we can never become Asura. 

Who knows, maybe when CoC 2 is in it's development stages, the framework for multiple/different body parts will be laid out at the start so it doesn't have to be too much development hell.

Though it's pretty unlikely it'll be the case.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Who knows, maybe when CoC 2 is in it's development stages, the framework for multiple/different body parts will be laid out at the start so it doesn't have to be too much development hell.

Can confirm, not doing multiple arms. I'm cutting down on major TFs nobody actually ever accounts for anyway, not adding new ones, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.