Cosmetic Contact Lenses

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
Why there aren't any ultra-high-tech versions of them in the distant future? That would have made life much easier for people who are interested in something like this.

Ethereal Dragon

Aug 28, 2015
if I had to guess as to why we don't have this is because it's the future. The timeline of the game takes place a few thousand years in the future, that and the fact that you got gene mods, there's not a real need for cosmetic contacts, they'd be rather redundant to have.

Last edited by a moderator:

Longbow

Feb 10, 2016
if I had to guess as to why we don't have this is because it's the future. The timeline of the game takes place a few thousand years in the future, that and the fact that you got gene mods, there's not a real need for cosmetic contacts, they'd be rather redundant to have.

Oh, I don't know. Cheap and effective solutions tend to last. Even swords have managed to stick around in TiTS. If certain NPCs and their stories of debt and vanity are anything to go by, gene mods can be rather expensive.

Ethereal Dragon

Aug 28, 2015
My only argument against this would be for the fact that does it belong in TiTS or not? there's more I could say on this but I'm not sure fen, savvy or gedan would have the time to code it, they might or they might not who knows. I know for a fact that they have their plate full atm. In my line of thinking I doubt such a small thing would make it into the game because of what I said earlier. Sure swords may have stuck around but they have a real purpose in the game and a real reason to use them.

Longbow

Feb 10, 2016
My only argument against this would be for the fact that does it belong in TiTS or not? there's more I could say on this but I'm not sure fen, savvy or gedan would have the time to code it, they might or they might not who knows. I know for a fact that they have their plate full atm. In my line of thinking I doubt such a small thing would make it into the game because of what I said earlier. Sure swords may have stuck around but they have a real purpose in the game and a real reason to use them.

I couldn't say for certain whether they would get in or not, but small cosmetic odds and ends do tend to find their way into TiTS from time to time, usually having been written by some third party. You have a fair argument, but Fen and his team have set aside time to code in these kinds of things in the past, so I think chances are decent.