Saved char as an interactable char in residental area

MiXeR

Feb 27, 2016
Thought a cool  idea would be to be abel to "move in" a character you have played and have a save file for in the residental area.

So say i create Emely and play this char for a bit then want to try a new char so i create a new char. While playing the new char and while in the residental area i can choose to have Emely "move in" as a npc char in the residental area and have interactions with. So pull from her appearance, name and personality score for descriptions during interactions. This would allow for a npc that the player can sort of choose appearance and also kinda have a backstory for since its a char you have played and created. You should also be able to update / move in a new char after having had someone move in in the first place.

Libertysn

Feb 3, 2016
But the back story for the character would be that of your current Steele, like maybe have different resolutions to the same problem but they would of taken the same path.

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Your idea is bad.

Even on a foundational level the idea contradicts itself.  You want to import another Captain Steele into the game, but by definition that character cannot be Captain Steele.  Meaning there's no point to it being based off your character aside from appearance, so in other words you just want another Bess.  And there will not, and should not, ever be another Bess.

Moiyra

Feb 27, 2016
If it didn't have so many problems with the theory it'd be kinda cool 

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Your idea is bad.

Even on a foundational level the idea contradicts itself.  You want to import another Captain Steele into the game, but by definition that character cannot be Captain Steele.  Meaning there's no point to it being based off your character aside from appearance, so in other words you just want another Bess.  And there will not, and should not, ever be another Bess.

+1.

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
OP's idea is indeed bad. However, having a satisfying way to 'put an old PC on a bus' and give them some closure would be nice. That should be a relatively easy thing to accomplish with some Not Bad Endings. Sadly, aside from Jim(may his account rest in peace), I don't think any author have even considered writing something like that.

Last edited by a moderator:

MiXeR

Feb 27, 2016
Your idea is bad.

Well i never meant that the backstory would be the same as yours what i meant was that since you played the char you could change the appearance while playing it and then if you have a char you have thought up that has an appearance and name of the char you created you could simply push that backstory onto that char yourself. Either way i will have to say i wasnt aware of the customizability of bess (i sold the bot all the time) and have to agree that after having looked up what you can do with bess my idea would be almost the same.

So in a way my idea was already in the game i just wasnt aware ^^

Last edited by a moderator: