KaraQuest 1 and 2

Salaeren

Nov 1, 2015
Alright, this one is driving me crazy and hopefully it won't do the same to you, assuming it's been asked a million times before. 

How in the hell do I trigger Kara's next mission? I distracted Shade and collected Kara's credits, and I'm still in a relationship with Shade. According to the wiki, it says "whichever girl you did not help will vanish from the game." Shade is available and Kara is alive, AND I'm level 8 as I'm supposedly meant to be. Do I have to just keep walking around and wait for a trigger, or have I blocked myself out of the quest?

Totally unrelated to that, I feel like venting this as well: what in the living hell has happened to Bess? You can't change her job anymore, among other things. Has she been bugged out for a while now?

Thanks in advance for replying. ;_;

but whyyyyy.gif

>literally trigger the quest after posting

For fuck's sake. Well, I'm still concerned about Bess, anyway! That's bugging me almost as much.

Jonnyreg

Nov 13, 2015
Hey on the subject of Karaquests, does anyone know if there's going to be a KaraQuest 3? I ask because I feel like some decisions made in this game kinda lead to content deadends. Like if you sided with Shade you've just shut yourself outta a whole dungeon of content and there like isn't a Shade/pirate version that replaces it. It got me wondering about how to end Karaquest 2, if you don't side with Kara and there's a 3 then you're just in for another deadend.

Last edited by a moderator:

Salaeren

Nov 1, 2015
Hey on the subject of Karaquests, does anyone know if there's going to be a KaraQuest 3? I ask because I feel like some decisions made in this game kinda lead to content deadends. Like if you sided with Shade you've just shut yourself outta a whole dungeon of content and there like isn't a Shade/pirate version that replaces it. It got me wondering about how to end Karaquest 2, if you don't side with her and there's a 3 then you're just in for another deadend.

Actually, that brings up another question. I just finished KQ2, but Shade never showed up. Any reason why?

Overt_Ninja

Feb 11, 2016
I heard she moves to the upcoming planet Uveto. Any further content involving her will probably continue there.

NotYouNorI

Aug 26, 2015
Actually, that brings up another question. I just finished KQ2, but Shade never showed up. Any reason why?

If you subjugated Taivra and had a talk with Shade when you go to your ship, she tells you that she is going back to Uveto and therefore won't appear in KaraQuest 2

...she is also still at the bar because Uvero isn't implemented yet and Savin doesn't like her not being in the game.

Salaeren

Nov 1, 2015
If you subjugated Taivra and had a talk with Shade when you go to your ship, she tells you that she is going back to Uveto and therefore won't appear in KaraQuest 2

...she is also still at the bar because Uvero isn't implemented yet and Savin doesn't like her not being in the game.

Good on him, then. She's a very good character! And no, I actually murdered the shit out of Taivra. Didn't feel like subjugating her this time.

Longbow

Feb 10, 2016
I tried fighting Shade in the bar and killing Taivra, but I didn't get Shade to show up in the pirate base, either. The wiki page for the pirate base says one of the requirements for KaraQuest 2 is that the player must have "successfully located the probe in Queen Taivra's Palace (any result)."

Is there some way to resolve that particular incident without reclaiming the pod right away? Claiming the pod seems to be the trigger for Shade leaving for Uveto, regardless of whether you've talked with her or not. Resolving the situation at Taivra's Palace is also required for KaraQuest 2, though, so the window for Shade being at the pirate base seems like it's either very specific or non-existant, according to the information given.

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
Okay, implemented a fix in the pull request (#635). There was a mix-up in the check for her appearing.

It shouldn't matter whether or not Shade is in the bar--just whether or not she has left the planet (which means she has to be on Uveto if she left). So if Steele fought her or let Kara and Shade duke it out, it should allow her to show up during KQ2.

Last edited by a moderator: