Steph Irson on Phaedra II

Number13

Aug 26, 2015
As Steph Irson seems to develop from planet to planet, I was wondering if she would have a TV appearance on Phaedra II, which is the name in the lead on the TiTS website for alternate planet 1?

If so, what TF would happen to her?

Last edited by a moderator:

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
Boy those alternate planets are going to get confusing, since players might skip them and end up with no idea how Step ended up with some of her parts.

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
Basically the point is that if they make alternates for Steph (which they don't have to) that's more complication and having to rewrite content that already exists. It'd be much easier to just leave it alone as is since all the original planets will still be available, just the probe's location changes.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
I'm not going to be rewriting Steph to accommodate new back-planets. After all, the player could ALREADY have skipped watching any or all of Steph's episodes -- I tried to account for that in the intro to each episode. Further, there's nothing that would stop a player on Phaedra from seeing content that was broadcast from Mhen'ga.

What I think I'll end up doing is creating a different TV show series for the 1-2, 2-2, etc. planets that eventually come along. We've kicked around the idea of parodying Billy Mayes or Cosmos before, or maybe doing some kind of in-world fictional series like Battlestar Galactica or Stargate

K

Krynh

She gets the ears on the starter planet, and has them in all her subsequent appearances, yes. That's precisely my (mostly facetious) point.

Ohh, I forgot that this was an Alternative start planet and not a new world along the likes of Utevo. My mistake :)

Last edited:

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
I'm not going to be rewriting Steph to accommodate new back-planets. After all, the player could ALREADY have skipped watching any or all of Steph's episodes -- I tried to account for that in the intro to each episode. Further, there's nothing that would stop a player on Phaedra from seeing content that was broadcast from Mhen'ga.

What I think I'll end up doing is creating a different TV show series for the 1-2, 2-2, etc. planets that eventually come along. We've kicked around the idea of parodying Billy Mayes or Cosmos before, or maybe doing some kind of in-world fictional series like Battlestar Galactica or Stargate

I already parody Billy Mays in existing products, though Milly Bayes is only actually named in silly mode.  That said, I'm totally up for seeing full-length infomercials from her.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015

Hum with SG parody would be needed whole team of 'explorers'. Idea of having on alt P1 race with cat ears could be good too but then she was on one of them then went to other and not gained new mutation...kinda akward -_-' Oh well but that idea of new series of TV shows would then need or them been show on next planets as show along SI one as I not see all of sudden whole bath of new alt plot planets...hehe all those small details :D