Welcome to the 'Rails.

Hazeron

Dec 19, 2015
(World that the characters will come from is a world with no humans, and all anthro characters. Original world is named Aros, and has a modern level of technology.)

Aros; a world of myriad species and interesting characters. Aro's top scientific institution, the Marloss institute of exotic research, has been experimenting with peeking into alternate dimensions. After several months of research, they had discovered so much; amazing, spectacular worlds with never before seen creatures and resources. However, their luck ran out. While investigating a previously unseen dimension, some force seemed to hijack their equipment. Readouts listed impossible numbers, circuits were fried, and reality itself was torn asunder. When the smoke cleared, everyone in the room vanished.

They had a gone to a world of danger.

A world of intrigue.

A world of adventure and discovery.

Welcome to the Under-Rail, jack.

Rules:

1.No Godmodding or Mary Sues

2.If you bring in strange fetishes, the people around you will act accordingly. If you randomly eat a man with your dick, expect others around you to open fire or attempt to save the person in trouble.

3.Don't be a scrub

Mechanics:

I will roll a d20 (with modifiers) when it seems necessary. The roll will be added to your characteristic score. If it is above the difficulty of the situation, you will succeed. A normal situation (firing a gun at a target standing in the open, sneaking past a sleepy and untrained guard) will be around 20, while extremely difficult situations (lifting a train overhead, talking down an extremely fanatical and brainwashed individual) will be around 60.

Characters will have 8 stats; Strength, perception, intelligence, agility, constitution, persuasion, gun skill, and weapon skill.

Strength is self explanatory.

Perception is your ability to perceive things in the local environment that are not in plain sight.

Intelligence is self explanatory.

Agility is your ability to do athletic feats, such as sprinting or jumping.

Constitution is your ability to resist pain, harsh conditions, and damage.

Persuasion is your ability to negotiate with others, whether it be over prices or just asking someone something they don't want to say.

Gun skill is your skill with firearms.

Weapon skill is your skill with melee weaponry or your bare hands.

Character Form

Name:

Sex/Sexuality:

Species (cannot be human): Each race will have their own strengths and weaknesses. Reptillian creatures (dinosaurs, dragons, reptiles, etc.) will usually have higher strength and constitution, while aquatic creatures will have better agility and perception. Will be negotiated individually with each person applying.

Position at Marloss Institute, and reason for being in the testing room during the incident:

Misc. details (things like music you like, instruments you can play, etc.):

Description of personality:

History:

Appearance (Text and picture accepted.)

Skills (Each skill starts at 5, and you have 5 spare points to spend. You can only naturally raise a skill to 10 (peak training). Racial bonuses do not follow this rule. You can take away points from one skill and distribute them to others. If natural characteristics bring them lower than 1, they will default at 1.)

Strength:

Agility:

Perception:

Constitution:

Intelligence:

Weapon skill:

Gun skill:

Last edited by a moderator:

dracomic

Aug 26, 2015
Name: Dominik Kayden

Race :Feline (lion) 

Personality: Well mannered ,pompous ,perfectionist ,self-centered jerk (sometimes) , silver tongue (always) , caring (on very rare occasions ).

History: Dominik  had a rough childhood ,orphan with no foster parents he lived inside the orphanage till he could fend for himself ,during that time he discovered how skilled he was at talking with people and above avargue intelligence ,with that in mind he was set to become the most powerful mean in the world and lead it to a brighter future(a somewhat childish dream) ,he studied hard and worked twice as hard he got a job and quickly climbed up the ranks ,currently his job is to convince what ever lifeforms  they find to 'share' the resources on their planet  with then.

Appearance:his garment (usually a three-piece suit)  is always kept Impeccable like himself ,his mane always soft  and neatly combed ,fangs and claws as sharp as they can be,he try his best to become the figure of success and power .

Skills:

Strength: 4

Agility: 5

Perception: 6

Persuasion: 10

Constitution: 4

intelligence: 8

melee: 2

ranged: 6

dee3d2b1a252b0944e74b179a010f9ae5278ce3e.jpg

Kirie

Jan 18, 2016
Name: Sarlos Wyrd

Species : Canine (Wolfdog)

Description of personality: Self-collected, Curious, Adventurers, Old-fashioned, Inquisitive

History: The second son of Richard Wyrd and the third in the line of inheritance of the Wyrd Manufacture's capitals. As a third child of a sucessfull tycoon, Sarlos hadn't need to worry to much about the obligations to his dynasty. Though the education he was given as part of a fail-safe scenario in case something happens with his elder sister and brother proved to be useful. Dying of boredom Sarlos use his knowledge and wealth to get into and out of the troubles and adventures, as well spent his gratuity on some risky business of his own   

Apearence: Official suit or jacket with a heavy coat. As well as trusty cane with a lethal secret in it for self-defence

Strength 3

Perception 7

Intelligence 7

Agility 7

Constitution 4

Persuasion 6

Gun 3

Weapon 6

^91A7E63538DEA08867B51710669AAB924045521C52B0CE89F6^pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.jpg

Hazeron

Dec 19, 2015
joker-here-we-go.jpg

(posting order is: me, draconic, and Kirie)

Smoke, dust, iron...those were the last smells Sarlos Wyrd and Dominik Kayden experienced on their homeworld. Instantly after the explosion, they were catapulted into a realm of nothingness. The "sky" was a deep blue, and they felt no wind resistance. For several seconds they traveled through this void, too shocked to do anything. Then, they were ejected from a hole of pure nothingness back into real space. With little applause, the two fell flat on their asses in what appeared to be...a subway tunnel? The ground was lit with old, flickering lights, and the ground was cracked and pitted. The rails were barely in better shape; held together with what appeared to be makeshift repairs and hope. The tunnel stretched on in two directions.

dracomic

Aug 26, 2015
Dominik Kayden

While still shocked by all that happened he grumbled  all the way from the void till this strange but slightly familiar place ,the fact of seeing such thing as a thing as a subway after everything was ... comforting to a point ,the fact that is was in such a poor condition meant they probably would have to worry about being ran over by a train at this point .

He stood up and cleared any dirt or dust that may have gotten on his suit ,he turn to Sarlos "Sir  Wyrd i believe it would be best for us to follow one of the directions of the rail ,it is bound to lead us somewhere" he pointed to randomly to one of the directions of the tunnel ,he waited for Sarlos answer and following him if he complied to go towards ..somewhere that wasn't here .

Kirie

Jan 18, 2016
Sarols Wyrd

For once, Sarlos knew how does the scrambled egg felt like. He had scatered memmories of a place he has just been, but he remembered the feelings about the place he saw - admiration and terror. But this tunell... well, all it gave Sarlos was a feeling of unease.
"First of, just Sarlos, or Wyrd. No 'Sir's', please, it gives me skincrawles. Secondly, You're to damn confident for a person, who popped ancestors knows where. Why exactly this direction? It doesn't look like better than any other, as far as I can see"  

Hazeron

Dec 19, 2015
(Incase of extended conversations like this, I will let the players talk among themselves.)

dracomic

Aug 26, 2015
Dominik Kayden

"As you wish Sarlos ,but back to our problem we should move unless you want to spend your life in an abandoned subway tunnel that is and while there is nothing that may prove one side better then the other we go back to my previous point ,so onward to the unknown" he take some small steps into the direction expecting Sarlos to follow. 

Kirie

Jan 18, 2016
Sarlos Wyrd

"Well, if you put it thay way," Sarlos inhale deeply thae stall air of a tunell, as if trying to understand the surrounding threw the scent "I guess, it's not worse than any other. Dominik, was it?" With this Wyrd joined the lion 

dracomic

Aug 26, 2015
Dominik Kayden

"That is correct mister Wyrd ,Dominik Kayden to be more precise " he continue along Salor to go to some random direction of the tunnel ,god have mercy at their destination.

Hazeron

Dec 19, 2015
The two walked for several minutes, before happening upon what appeared to be the scene of a battle. Several hulking chitinous creatures was laying dead on the ground, filled with bullet holes. Spent casings littered the floor, all surrounding the corpse of some unknown being. It appeared to have been turned into a pin cushion; dozens of spikes of bone filled it, oozing a green noxious liquid from it. Would you like to investigate the body?

dracomic

Aug 26, 2015
Dominik Kayden

"Well... we found something ... " he look down at the corpses "perhaps a battle between this two creatures happened here ... maybe the one under all the others can give some tips of the world we just got into ,please hold my Suit while i look into it and keep your eyes open for anything ..." he hand his suit to Sarus ,walking towards the creatures he roll up his sleeves and pull then out of then to then look at the one under everything. 

Kirie

Jan 18, 2016
Sarlos Wyrd

"What ever it was..." Sarlos noticed accepting the felin's suit "It made a short work of it. And those gunholes... I take it someone in this place knows how to opeare a firearm. Are you sure it wise? Creatures like this can't be put down easily"

Hazeron

Dec 19, 2015
The corpse appeared to be of a furless creature, about 5 feet 8 inches. It somewhat resembled an ape back from your home planet, but with trimmed down features and a lighter build. His face was twisted in a silent scream, obviously cut off by death; clutched in his right hand was some sort of assault rifle, of a make you have never seen before. He (you think it was a he, judging by it's masculine appearance) was wearing a suit of makeshift armor; it appeared to be made of a mixture of leather and steel plating. He had some sort of tactical vest on as well, containing multiple magazines of ammunition and a molotov cocktail.

dracomic

Aug 26, 2015
Dominik Kayden

"Well it look like a ape ... that made part of that hippie idea of shaving all the fur ,i never understood that nonsense " he shrug " well at least he have some sort of weapon" he pick up the rifle "and molotov ... i think it may be best if we come prepared for what is out there considering the equipment this ape is holding " he pick the magazines and the molotov "here for you " he hand the molotov then clean his hands on the corpse and stand up and make sure the rifle is loaded "well ,i think we got what we could from this place .. shall we continue ?" he move his hand toward Saros asking for his suit back.

Kirie

Jan 18, 2016
Sarlos Wyrd

"Not really my style" Sarlos murmured weighting te bottle in his paw "But I'll guess it suffice for now... And since you are the one with a big gun than I suppose, byall means, lead the way..."

Hazeron

Dec 19, 2015
Besides the rifle, you also found a compass, which helpfully points North, confirming that this tunnel does in fact lead North and South. You also found what appeared to be a makeshift lighter built out of the casing of a 7.62mm bullet.

Judging from the size of the magazines, you have about 400 rounds in total. You can either continue forward, or go back the way you came; you can also investigate a door nearby, labelled "MAINTENANCE".

dracomic

Aug 26, 2015
Dominik Kayden

He put his suit back again then look at the compass "good, we now have some sort of  sense of direction we should continue walking north"he point to the direction the were taking "but as much as i'm afraid to know what must be behind this door " he point to the Maintenance one "i don't want something creeping up on our back " reading the rifle he slowly open the door peaking inside .

Kirie

Jan 18, 2016
Sarlos Wyrd

Noding knowinly Sarlos took position behind one side of the door.
"Pay I don't have my can with me"

Hazeron

Dec 19, 2015
The room was very small (about the size of a living room) and contained some shelves and crates. For all intents and purposes, it was an over-glorified broom closet. 

dracomic

Aug 26, 2015
Dominik Kayden

"well that have nothing " he close the door "come lets move " he continue his path toward north.

Kirie

Jan 18, 2016
Sarlos Wyrd

"Well, so much for 'creaping on our baks' " Sarlos gave a room another glimps in case if they've missed something, after which he joined the feine "Might I suggest to slow down a little? We are in position as ending just like that poor bastard down there?"

Hazeron

Dec 19, 2015
The two walked northwards, encountering more ruined rails. Every now and then they could see creatures skitter away into holes in the walls, or hear the echo of far off gunfire. Finally, they came upon a crossroads; the rail continued north, while to the east and west there was a road. A hand made crossroad sign read "Megaplex-20 miles north", "Prospector's landing-5 miles east", and "New Venice-10 miles West".

dracomic

Aug 26, 2015
Dominik Kayden

"The way i see it ,is us becoming like him if we continue on this tunnel "  he said as they continued further into the tunnel .

-------------

the reach the cross road "well 3 choices ,each a far distance form the other ....  Megaplex ...that look like some sort of city , Prospector's landing some sort of testing site maybe? ... and Venice look like another city as well , we will have to decide well i vote for New Venice ,what do you say?"

Kirie

Jan 18, 2016
Sarlos Wyrd

"Well, if that Venice have anything familiar with the Venice I've heard of, than mabe it's not a bad choice of destination. Though I'm what concerned about it's reach. 10 miles? In all seriousness?"

dracomic

Aug 26, 2015
Dominik Kayden

"Either that or go to the closest one that don't really sound like a town ,i may be wrong but at this point i prefer to not try our luck "  he start walking the long road to New Venice ... hoping it wont be that long till they reach it.

Hazeron

Dec 19, 2015
The two walked for about a hour. The road beneath them was surprisingly well maintained, and had clear tire marks along it. Along the way, they spotted what appeared to be entire towns, all underground. They were abandoned though; no lights shown there, and the only noise was the skittering of animals and other assorted creatures. Near the end of your journey, you started to see a light ahead of you, and a low noise. As you got closer and closer to the light, you realized what the noise was; the noise of civillization.

The tunnel finally opened up into another town section, this one larger than the others you have seen. Ahead of you was a wall made of concrete and topped with barbed wire. Directly infront of the road was a metal gate, operated by a re purposed cargo crane. It was guarded by around 20 of the creatures you saw before, all armed with rifles and what appeared to be riot armor with a duster covering it. The gate was also defended by 3 gun turrets, a red targetting laser marking where they aimed. Behind them, you could see dozens of lights beyond the wall, and the hustle and bustle of a small town. Do you wish to approach?

dracomic

Aug 26, 2015
Dominik Kayden

He sigh "great more hippies shaved apes and armed ... are they some sort of cult ? i never saw so many with this 'tendency' in the same place" he put the Rifle on his back "well there is only one way inside ,i will go talk to then " ,he walk towards the 'apes' "hi my good sirs may i enter New Venus?", he ask with a friendly face .

Kirie

Jan 18, 2016
Sarlos Wyrd

"Surely you won't..." But unfortunately Sarlos didn't had a cgance to end his sentence into the Dominik's ear "... waltz to their front doors *sigh* Fine then..." With this Sarlos tries to stick to the shadows reading the bottle with literal fire water, just in case