Nyrean Queensguard: how to save and keep him.

Valentine

Jan 30, 2016
Recently I got the probe on the ant-alien planet, but in the process, my cousin and Dane broke out of their cage, and Dane stabbed the Queensguards's shield into their chest.

This was pretty sad, the Nyrean males are so cute, and this one was like a lovely, loyal knight.

I had the grey goo armour, and I'm aware the grey goo was originally developed for emergency medical aid, so I wonder if it would be possible to transfer the grey goo to the Queensguard, so it could reform itself into temporary blood vessels, suck up blood out of the lungs, hold the splinters of bone in place, seal any ruptures in the lungs, and act as a bandage.

You could leave the goo with him, and the Queensguard with his queen, or you could threaten to take your goo back and leave the knight to die, in order to make the queen let you take him with you.

The nurse droid on M'henga could patch him up, so you could have your goo armour back, even with the droid's tender, high tech care, it might take a few days to get him on his feet again, but then he would owe you his life, and probably accept you as his new Queen.

With his martial training, I expect he could start teaching you to dodge and use melee weapons a bit better.

That gives me another idea, hand held shields would make an interesting accessory, they could give you a blocking special move, which either results in the enemy's next attack being stopped, or in the shield being destroyed and the damage being reduced, depending on the relative strengths. If the attack is really strong but the shield holds, you might have to take a physique check to see if you're stunned for a moment, smacked to the ground, or totally mashed/smooshed/pureed/crushed underneath the shield.

There could even be a shiny mirror shield, which bounces hypnosis and teasing attempts back at the enemy, without negating them.

Heather_Trails

Jan 20, 2016
I don't remember Queensguard ever dying from that fight. After a day when you're able to visit with Taivra again (assuming you married her and can get back into the palace) Queensguard will be posted outside of Taivra's bedroom and you can talk to him(her?).

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Yeah, Queensguard survives the encounter no matter what as it is. 

That said, if you want to write out a thing where QG teaches you some sword-fighting technique (Physique slow stat trainer?) and/or a new shield item, that'd be cool.