D&D 3.5e Race: Elves, Erotic (Erow)

Altrunchen

Aug 28, 2015
Introduction:

I made this race a while ago for my own campaigns and set up a wiki page to help me keep track of it. Today when I was perusing it for an NPC it occured to me: why not share this here and see what people think? So that's what I'm doing. Please let me know what you guys think about it. :)

Wiki-Link:

Elves, Erotic (Erow)

Basic Stats:

These are the basic stats and information without all the flavor text from the wiki:

Level Adjustment:

The way I see it, this race is either a high LA +2 or a low LA +3, and for a while I thought it was more of a LA +3 but after looking at other LA +3 templates and races I think that an Erow is better off as a LA +2 since if you can pick a half-dragon then why would you ever pick an Erow? What do you guys think?

Graav

Aug 26, 2015
Italy
Give people some time to read the Rp forum, because not a lot of people read it

Kei

Aug 29, 2015
That was a funny read. Specially how it interacts with and is seen by other races. It did make me giggle out loud.

Altrunchen

Aug 28, 2015
Give people some time to read the Rp forum, because not a lot of people read it

Fair enough.

That was a funny read. Specially how it interacts with and is seen by other races. It did make me giggle out loud.

Lol that part was fun to write.

Thanks for reading guys, do either of you think the LA +2 is appropriate for it?

Kei

Aug 29, 2015
LA+2 seems fine. It seems to follow suit to most elves with a few added bonuses. What really makes me wonder is the Sense Emotions baseline. There is a LOT that can be done with something like that... animal empathy for example. Any Erow could tame a beast easily or bond with one. Alertness to deceit and evil intentions and a ton other things of the like. I guess it depends on how the game master feels about it too.

I wonder what god would an Erow paladin serve? =p

Other then that I am curious about the wide option of skin coloring. Is it some kind of outsider influence? Or perhaps a self-inflicted mutation that ended up becoming baseline at a genetic level?

Altrunchen

Aug 28, 2015
LA+2 seems fine. It seems to follow suit to most elves with a few added bonuses. What really makes me wonder is the Sense Emotions baseline. There is a LOT that can be done with something like that... animal empathy for example. Any Erow could tame a beast easily or bond with one. Alertness to deceit and evil intentions and a ton other things of the like. I guess it depends on how the game master feels about it too.

I wonder what god would an Erow paladin serve? =p

Other then that I am curious about the wide option of skin coloring. Is it some kind of outsider influence? Or perhaps a self-inflicted mutation that ended up becoming baseline at a genetic level?

Yeah it always comes down to the GM approval for sure.

If you want to know more about their religion then I made a deity that is...a kindred spirit to them: https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Elves,_Erotic_-_Erow_(3.5e_Race)#Religion https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Pervortia_(3.5e_Deity)

As far as the skin coloring goes, it's because of ages and ages of exposure to all sorts of weird magic that altered and accumulated in their genes bit by bit. So it's kind of like a mutation.

OddRedneck

Dec 29, 2021
was this elf part of a setting that had a city with a dungeon under it made by some crazy priest that was basically Undermountain mixed with CoC?