Is it possible to aim for a desired colour scheme?

Apollo

Jan 15, 2016
I'm hoping to gain pale gold skin with glowing gold accents from the Bamboo Container of Sky Sap, but so far save-scumming seems to result in the same set of colours every time. I've also tried rainbotox, but that feels like an absolutely lottery. Are there any ways currently in the game to work towards a specific colour-scheme?

shadefalcon

Oct 13, 2015
If you first get Vanae skin colour, then gets glowing gold markings from Sylvanol Au Myrtille, I believe using another skysap should give a chance at getting pale gold skin.

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
I myself tried the save-scum method to get an all gold body back when I first tried to become a Vanae, it requires a lot of retries cause gold seems to be the hardest to get, just remember that the very first transformation you get for vanae will impact all future color changes. So if you get purple skin you'll get the rest in purple, same for the nipples/cunt/etc. That might be why you keep getting the same color.

Once you get gold though, it's pretty sweet.

JDeko

Aug 27, 2015
Kekistan
www.facebook.com
I turned pink to get the glowy bits then switched back into fair skin.

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
The Vanae swirls are pretty awesome, big props to JimT for making one of the bestest, cutesiest and tentacliest (is that a word? WELL IT IS NOW!) species in TiTS.

Fully Automated

Oct 11, 2015
just remember that the very first transformation you get for vanae will impact all future color changes. So if you get purple skin you'll get the rest in purple, same for the nipples/cunt/etc.

Well, rather, the skin colour defines the accent colour used for all the glowy bits. If you do not have a vanae skin colour, it defaults to purple, but even if you have luminous purple bits, it's possible to get the vanae skin colour TF for some other colour. The only thing that would stop it is already having a vanae skin colour skin, so if your skin is pale (which is also a human skin colour), you'll only get luminous silver bits.

So, make sure your current skin colour isn't any of the vanae colours, and then save-scumming ought to be enough.

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
There are one catch: you can have pale skin from start. And "pale" is one of Vanae skin colors. If you have pale skin, your accent color would always be silver.

Otherwise, all nine colors have even chances. Currently colors are: "pale violet","pale purple","pale blue","pale pink","pale orange","pale green","pale","pale gray","pale gold".

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
There are one catch: you can have pale skin from start. And "pale" is one of Vanae skin colors. If you have pale skin, your accent color would always be silver.

Otherwise, all nine colors have even chances. Currently colors are: "pale violet","pale purple","pale blue","pale pink","pale orange","pale green","pale","pale gray","pale gold".

Yeah way to many colors are available to get what you want, you have to be very lucky to get the right thing, I remember that my first playthrough where I found skysap I actually did get the gold skin one on the first try, but I undid it cause I wasn't sure if I wanted to be a Vanae or not yet. Then when I actually decided to be one it took ages to get the color back.

Nebula Fox

Aug 26, 2015
Could have sworn I had a save with the rarest Vanae color scheme of all, black. It's so rare that you can't get it anymore because it was removed because logic. (unless you save edit...)

JDeko

Aug 27, 2015
Kekistan
www.facebook.com
because black is too cool for us

Last edited by a moderator:

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
What does glowing black look like?

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015

I thought space looked like black with stars riddled throughout it? Glowing black sounds like what happens to a blackhole after it eats a star

Nebula Fox

Aug 26, 2015
Maybe glowing black is the antithesis of light, meaning instead of light emanating from it, it seems to absorb light.

Apollo

Jan 15, 2016

Ahhhh, I think I was probably pale skinned. That explains it. Thank you!

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Absorbing light (and I mean actually absorbing it, not like when people say black shirts absorb sunlight) would require gravity like that of a black hole.

As for what it looks like, ever seen the 2009 Star Trek film? There's a part where a black hole eats some shit and there's just this complete blackness surrounded by stars. It's a little unsettling but kinda cool.