Diablo III

Arachne

Jan 14, 2016
Aside from my small group of friends I've never really met anybody else that plays Diablo III...but hopefully you guys will change that.

For this thread, I'm hoping you guys will post your builds and share strategies and maybe even filthy naughty exploits.

My main character is a Wizard (Female of course), I have her running the Slow Time set and using Spectral Blades/Tornadoes/Slow Time as her main form of attacks with the other slots being occupied by passive abilities such as the Flame Familiar with the 10% damage increase and Energy Armor with the Arcane Power resource increase. I also have her using the belt and weapon that makes Spectral Blades attack pretty much 200% faster, so I'm consistently hitting crits towards the billions and beyond multiple times a second on Torment X. 

So now it's your turn you guys, what's your builds like?

Darkwarpalg6

Aug 28, 2015
I main Demon Hunters. I prefer NOT to sling arrows and bolts, rather I go full on trapper/mechanist. This is my build:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#ghdSk!gU!aaZZY

That's right, I set traps and control mobs. Traps can have their runes changed out, they can set a great perimeter where mobs will rush headlong to their demise and against huge bosses they're likely to detonate several times per mine. Sentries are good for setting up that perimeter and wearing down on those big bosses and the passive that goes with it ensures it stays up twice as long, runes for the sentry can be changed out as desired. Vault with Rattling Roll rune is good for both evasion and some offensive stunning, with some finesse you can vault right onto an opponent and start dropping mines all over him. Bat companion, since this is a hatred hungry build. And the grenades with the hatred generation rune to build up fast, but grenades can be quite useful at melee range too, dropping the grenades at your feet can let those explosions all hit a single strong mob for great damage, a good fallback if they survive your mines and your sentry or whatever sixth skill you prefer to have.

I played this with a Monk friend back then when all we had was four difficulties, we got bored when we overgeared ourselves and even Inferno was a joke. There's more now and I'm trying to sucker her back into playing with me... to no avail thus far. Bah.

Arachne

Jan 14, 2016
I main Demon Hunters. I prefer NOT to sling arrows and bolts, rather I go full on trapper/mechanist. This is my build:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#ghdSk!gU!aaZZY

That's right, I set traps and control mobs. Traps can have their runes changed out, they can set a great perimeter where mobs will rush headlong to their demise and against huge bosses they're likely to detonate several times per mine. Sentries are good for setting up that perimeter and wearing down on those big bosses and the passive that goes with it ensures it stays up twice as long, runes for the sentry can be changed out as desired. Vault with Rattling Roll rune is good for both evasion and some offensive stunning, with some finesse you can vault right onto an opponent and start dropping mines all over him. Bat companion, since this is a hatred hungry build. And the grenades with the hatred generation rune to build up fast, but grenades can be quite useful at melee range too, dropping the grenades at your feet can let those explosions all hit a single strong mob for great damage, a good fallback if they survive your mines and your sentry or whatever sixth skill you prefer to have.

I played this with a Monk friend back then when all we had was four difficulties, we got bored when we overgeared ourselves and even Inferno was a joke. There's more now and I'm trying to sucker her back into playing with me... to no avail thus far. Bah.

I move way too fast for that kind of play, which is why my friends never use Turrets/Hydras. 

Darkwarpalg6

Aug 28, 2015
I move way too fast for that kind of play, which is why my friends never use Turrets/Hydras. 

Oh I'm sure I could keep up ;p. This had been my pride build, as I wasn't too keen about being an arrowslinging hunter, starting character was a wizard, a hunter just felt inferior in the ranged damage nuking department. So I decided I would have an entirely weapon-free build, with satisfying results as a trapper hunter. Then again, I played a zoning character on my wizard too... with hydras and blizzard. Those were the only two classes I played faithfully.

Arachne

Jan 14, 2016
Oh I'm sure I could keep up ;p. This had been my pride build, as I wasn't too keen about being an arrowslinging hunter, starting character was a wizard, a hunter just felt inferior in the ranged damage nuking department. So I decided I would have an entirely weapon-free build, with satisfying results as a trapper hunter. Then again, I played a zoning character on my wizard too... with hydras and blizzard. Those were the only two classes I played faithfully.

Oh I'm not saying you couldn't keep up, I'm just saying that your traps wouldn't have much time to do anything since I'm never in a certain spot for a while unless it's like a Treasure Goblin field or a particularly annoying gold enemy. 

Kei

Aug 29, 2015
I'm mostly a season player so I switch mains every new season. I'm thinking it's time to try Firebirds wizard this time. Season 5 starts in like... 12 hours. =p

Arachne

Jan 14, 2016
I'm mostly a season player so I switch mains every new season. I'm thinking it's time to try Firebirds wizard this time. Season 5 starts in like... 12 hours. =p

Firebird is a super squishy build. 

Kei

Aug 29, 2015
Used to be like that but there are a few items you can use to boost your durability by a lot now with the legendary gems and kanai's cube. Plus it's just a stepping stone until I get enough gear for that new ring set to be worth using.

And doesn't just wanna set the world on fire? =p

Last edited by a moderator:

Arachne

Jan 14, 2016
Used to be like that but there are a few items you can use to boost your durability by a lot now with the legendary gems and kanai's cube. Plus it's just a stepping stone until I get enough gear for that new ring set to be worth using.

And doesn't just wanna set the world on fire? =p

That new ring set isn't as great as you'd think. Right now with my Slow Time build I do billions of damage per second on Torment 10, if you use that ring set you'd probably at best be hitting for 500mil on T10.

Kei

Aug 29, 2015
Really? That kinda sucks because I had great expectations for the damn ring set.

Arachne

Jan 14, 2016
Really? That kinda sucks because I had great expectations for the damn ring set.

I mean, you might be able to make a decent build with it but remember for it to work you have to have all ancients. 

CrusaderDurante

Jan 13, 2016
Thanks to Kanai's Cube, I managed to "complete" my Roland set. I don't hit "hard" per say, but with a 250% attack speed increase on Sweep, I can regularly sweep for 20mil + and my wrath regens pretty quick thanks for Slash and Zeal.  I'm pretty tanky and get in there for AoE damage. 

My damage (on my character details) hits 3.4 million or so.

Bradford

Last edited by a moderator: