Is there a console command to redo certain quests?

L

Luselle

I've found out that I could redo Shar's quest by playing with the console commands in the game. Just had to write the command for her first encounter, so that was simple enough that even me, a person who has no knowledge of coding, could manage.

Now I've started to wonder if there is also a command so I could redo "Mad Cow" since I've blindly chose to help Brint on my first save, not knowing what would happen if I didn't.

Ruby Opal

Aug 8, 2021
Nárnia
look, i don't recommend messing with these things, i changed kinu's personality before she left the astral plane, and broke my whole game.

Reactions: Paradox01

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Using the save editor is probably a better bet since you can search through all the flags easily. But as noted, you have a high chance of breaking the game and a 100% chance of rendering your save invalid for bug report purposes in the future, so bear that in mind.

Tarnakus

Oct 31, 2020
Save edit:
Save to file and open it with text editor.
Find array called quests (ctr+f and type quests) then count from 0 to 14. You will have either [0,1,3] or [0,1,2,3] (depends if you saw heat scene). Delete everything in between 14th brackets so you will have only []. After loading the save you should go to the quest tile and you should have "Hollow" button (after loading check quest journal you shouldn't have Mad Cow entry in completed). Quest tile: Second red tile on the left from Marefolk Village with Brint.

Beginning of quests array and how to count (I added space for better visuals on empty brackets):
"quests":[[0,1,2,3],[0,1,2,3,5,8],[ ],[ ] ...
[0,1,2,3] - 0
[0,1,2,3,5,8] - 1
[ ] - 2
[ ] - 3
etc.

L

Luselle

@Tarnakus
Thank you very much. I know know how it can be done thanks to your help. :)

@WolframL
Regarding the save editor:
If you put the value of brint_is_brienne to 1 the game still regards her as a male at least in the imp execution scene and probably others as well then. Changing the quest progress or getting rid of it is probably the cleaner solution. Thank you as well though, anyways.

Tarnakus

Oct 31, 2020
Is there even a console in CoC2?
As of my knowledge there is none in CoC2 (made by devs), but there is one somewhere else which can force use functions from game. Sorry for secrecy but using that console don't mark save as edited. So widespread of that would be pain in the ass for devs and bug reports.

mikethor007

Jun 26, 2021
As of my knowledge there is none in CoC2 (made by devs), but there is one somewhere else which can force use functions from game. Sorry for secrecy but using that console don't mark save as edited. So widespread of that would be pain in the ass for devs and bug reports.
Yeah, I have an inkling on how it might be done in the web version, but I have no idea how it would go in the desktop version.

No problem. Don't intend to use it right now.