Sell first probe?

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
As we know, we can get 20000 creds reward for probe sold to Steele Tech. We can sell second and third probes, but not first. Is there any reason, or it is simple omission?

KnightOwl

Aug 26, 2015
Isn't it because your cousin was the first to find (and most likely take) the first probe and only leaves Steele with a data chip containing the next planet's coordinates?

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
Nah, the probe is still there--the rival just copies the coordinates and leaves it behind for Steele to also get. Walking back to the area will still show the probe.

I added a probe reclamation bit in the pull request (#534) for that--that way early players can get some dough if they need expendable cash.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Nah, the probe is still there--the rival just copies the coordinates and leaves it behind for Steele to also get. Walking back to the area will still show the probe.

I added a probe reclamation bit in the pull request (#534) for that--that way early players can get some dough if they need expendable cash.

Eeehhh.

Considering it'd be 20k at the end of Planet One, I'd kind of rather revise it so that Jack/Jill actually does make off with the probe. At least if Dane wins, anyway.

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
Eeehhh.

Considering it'd be 20k at the end of Planet One, I'd kind of rather revise it so that Jack/Jill actually does make off with the probe. At least if Dane wins, anyway.

Okay, I can add in some flag checks to help accommodate for that, no problem--just let me know when that's ready and stuff.

Fenoxo also had dropped the bounty to 10k instead of 20k--that way it's not too much money.

Edit: Added the conditions and edited the scenes to match in the pull request (#535). When not engaging in battle, or engaging and losing, the rival will take the probe, making it impossible to reclaim the bounty on it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tenacious_Tiddy

Sep 24, 2015
Tennessee
Eeehhh.

Whaaat?! You mean I can't have my probe and take it up the butt too? Lmao

Fuzzybear

Sep 15, 2015
Once upon a time, when I asked a similar question about why we couldn't sell the first probe, I was told by one of the Powers That Be, that we, the player would most likely never be able to recover it for two reasons.

The first of which being that it was in "pretty rough shape" after literally slamming into the middle of the jungle.

The second was the sheer bulk /size of the thing: " Buried halfway in a small crater of its own creation sits an oblong metal pod, perhaps ten feet long and three across. "  [roughly the size of a  "blockbuster" bomb]

Which i imagine is a much heavier object than something even a Leithan could carry or drag through the jungle

Last edited by a moderator:

Afier

Sep 4, 2015
Eh, you certainly couldn't pick it up, but considering Steele Tech shows up in person to collect the third one and validate Shade is the PC's sister, and you can already scan other things for Steele Tech to claim in your name, it should be trivial to notify Steele Tech and have them come pick it up, and then postdate your check until it can be "properly" verified.

Number13

Aug 26, 2015
Eh, you certainly couldn't pick it up, but considering Steele Tech shows up in person to collect the third one and validate Shade is the PC's sister, and you can already scan other things for Steele Tech to claim in your name, it should be trivial to notify Steele Tech and have them come pick it up, and then postdate your check until it can be "properly" verified.

Or you can have the money transferred to your account, like they do with the mineral ore which you get 5000 credits for finding in Mhen'ga.

yuriluv23

Aug 27, 2015

WTF's with the spoiler thats one rather interesting surprise turned into a non-event

MESeele

Aug 26, 2015
WTF's with the spoiler thats one rather interesting surprise turned into a non-event

Though mentioning onee-chan Shade was unnecessary to his point, know that this site isn't big on protecting against spoilers in general. Shade's in particular had multiple threads devoted to it, and due to the games' WIP status, expect new content to be spilled everywhere. No workable spoiler tag here yet either. All in all, if you don't want any spoiling, don't go wandering through threads- cause you never know.