Old one awakes (In game)

Malice

Aug 26, 2015
Grin taps her chin. "It couldn't hurt to go speak to said knights, and if we're lucky maybe they will lend us a hand." She nods to her self and once everyone is finished she leads them to outside the inn where she stops to look at a centaur and a minotaur are glaring at each other.

"Umm can I help you ladies?" She tilts her head. They both look at your group. The minotaur speaks first.

"Ya I was told someone needed muscle!" Once she spots Rick she grins. "Seems I found the right place." 

Centaur speaks up. "I was told to guide a group around the area" She nods to Sunny.  Grin nods to the both of them.

"We are the ones who needed your help yes. Now we are looking for some knights that have come to the area. Do you know where they are?" The centaur nods and leads the way. It takes until the early afternoon to reach the destination. The group has left the more flat plains and forestry area they've traveled for the past week and have entered into a more hilly area with rocky ground making the centaur guide watch her step.

The group can see what they've been looking for today. The knights seem to have taken residence in a tower that rises from the rock and goes high into the air, giving whoever holds the tower the ability to see anyone approaching.  The tower it self is built from white limestone and almost looks like a sword piercing the sky. As you get closer you can see that the front of the tower has a gate house that faces the cliff opposite to it, making it clear that the only way in the tower would be if the draw bridge is lowered. The lower level also has large wide windows except near the gate house where instead a small window is. Grin stops before getting any closer.

"This is the place?" She questions the guide. The centaur nods.

"Aye they moved in three years ago." Grin nods and looks to the group.

"They most likely know we're here by now. Shall we go say hello?" 

Resdoodle

Dec 14, 2015
Rick shrugs. "May as well. We should probably lead with our most personable member though. We don't know these people so a good first impression could prevent a lot of problems."

Malice

Aug 26, 2015
Grin nods. "Right so me Rick and Sunny shall lead." She leads the group down the path. At the end of the path is the ledge of the cliff and the twenty foot gap between the cliff and the tower. Looking over the edge they can see a drop of at least two hundred feet to the bottom of a canyon. Near the ledge is brass bell. Grin rings it, causing the small window on the gate house to open. A woman's head pokes out.

"Greetings travelers! What brings you here?"  

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
Lucille stays silent, as the more... talkative members of the party would do a better job of not murdering everyone in a blood-craze.

Dragonheart42

Aug 26, 2015
Topaz stays in the middle front, letting Rick and Sunny handle things as she takes a good look at the woman to get an idea on what sort of armor she is wearing, just in case.

oholoko

Aug 27, 2015
Nya stays on Grin side, vigilant and quiety, the jabberwocky tries to look as composed as she can even thought that she is still plagued by a hangover.

Resdoodle

Dec 14, 2015
Rick steps forward and addresses the woman, doing his best to seem nonthreatening and charming. "Greetings, friend. We are adventurers of a sort. We found it curious that a group of knights would set up here of all places and wanted to see it for ourselves. Perhaps we could be of some assistance to you."

Phil Ein Blank

Aug 31, 2015
Sunny smiles pleasantly, standing by Rick's side. making sure to look as nonthreatening as possible, hoping to keep this as peaceful as possible for as long as possible.  And should violence become necessary maintain the advantage of surprise if possible.

((sorry, I wasn't feeling good and needed a break.  Trying to ease back into things now.))

Malice

Aug 26, 2015
The woman nods. "One moment!" She ducks her head back in. A few moments later the drawbridge lowers. A human woman walks across in white scale armor that had golden feather designs.  

"Greetings my name is Savra Belabranta, may I know yours?" Grin, the minotaur and the centaur tell their names. Savra smiles once she hears all the names. "You lot have great timing! Tonight we're having a feast tonight to celebrate the tenth year of our group. I'm sure the captain wouldn't mind if you joined us."  

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
Lucille glares at the woman in armour. She wants to say something, perhaps challenge her to a fight, but her mind is muddled, and her tongue is like a useless slab of half-rotten meat in her mouth. As a result, what comes out is a muffled, low growl, not unlike that of a mindless zombie. But the voice in her head tells her not to remove her head under any circumstances unless she tells her to, and the ever-obedient Lucille obeys her better half.

Phil Ein Blank

Aug 31, 2015
"Just call me Sunny, almost everyone does."  Sunny gives the Female Knight a beaming smile, "A celebratory feast?  Sounds absolutely delightful.  Ten years you say.  I'm sure you've had quite the impact.  I'd love to hear tales of the wondrous exploits of your order." 

Dragonheart42

Aug 26, 2015
Topaz gave a smile at the notation of a feast, she could use a good environment after everything. "Ten years? That is quite a lovely thing to celebrate. I'm sure we would love to join in the merriment and learn about your band of knights." 

Resdoodle

Dec 14, 2015
Rick gives the knight slight nod in greeting and a smile. "My name is Rick Helron. A feast sounds great right about now. We'd be honored to join you."

Malice

Aug 26, 2015
Savra gives a large grin. "Well this way then, the captain would want to meet you." She leads the group, minus the centaur who walks away and sets up a small camp for herself, into the tower. Past the doors the entrance is a thirty foot long hall made of white stone, at the opposite end are two twelve foot tall doors like the ones you just entered. There are two other people in the hall both are thin and clad in leather, they look up from their sweeping to look at you before going back to their work. Above the doors is a large battering ram in the shape of an eagle held up by strong chains, the wings and head of the eagle are made from steel.

The friendly knight opens the doors to a small room with doors on all sides and a spiraling stair case in the middle. She leads you all up the stairs passing two more landings on the way until you all get to the top of the tower. The stairs lead up to a stone gazebo, beyond the enclosure is a small lawn and four paths paved with white stones that point in the four main directions. Each path ends in a pointed crenellation. At the edge nearest to the canyon is a spyglass on a tripod pointed down. Up here you can see five people, four are in a group while the last person is looking out in the direction of Red larch. The group  of four are made up of two humans dressed like Savra and two harpys. They're bigger then normal harpys and have fuller chests along with bald heads and they both wear what appear to be saddles on their backs. The person alone is a well built man in his fifties. His armor has embossed feather patterns and his kingly cloak has a feathered mantle. He turns as you walks up and smooths his white blond hair then he bows to you.

"Welcome to Feathergale Spire, retreat of the Feathergale Society. I am Thurl Merosska, the lord commander."

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
Lucille stares at the harpies, letting out a low, guttural noise that sounds vaguely like "Bird", before turning her head to the old man, and then to Grin.

oholoko

Aug 27, 2015
Nya glances at the harpies for a bit before turning to Grin and then holding on her arm, the Jabberwocky waits a bit for permission to speak while letting the green dragon get the first word out instead. Nyarlatothep other mouths grow a little as she stands there waiting.

Resdoodle

Dec 14, 2015
Rick returns the greeting with a slight bow of his own. "It's a pleasure to meet you lord commander. My name is Rick Helron and these are my friends." he gestures to the rest of the group. "We have been traveling through the area and were interested to see your order firsthand. Perhaps we can be of some assistance to you. Although, we'd like to know more about the Feathergale Society first."

Dragonheart42

Aug 26, 2015
Topaz gives a curtsy to the knight captain "I am Topaz Akemi and I am curious about your order, what are the duties of the Feathergale Society? Your values and what you do?"

Malice

Aug 26, 2015
Thrul looks at her. "We are an elite group of aerial combatants.Nothing more lass. We serve the kingdom as any knight would. This spire s just our base."

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
"Seeeerve." Lucille nods, the word sounding as if passed through a dozen smoker's lungs. Lucia screams at her inside her head, not wanting to endure anymore servitude.

Phil Ein Blank

Aug 31, 2015
"Umm, Hi.  Are you a knight too?"  Sunny asks innocently.  Though her real goal is to ferret out how these knights feel and treat the 'monsters' working along side them.

Malice

Aug 26, 2015
The harpy shrugs. "Eh kinda, you know how wyverns serve as mounts for their partners? Same kinda thing goes here. I act as a mount for my man-" She points to one of the men. "-and keep him up in the air." She runs a 'hand'  over her bald head.

Malice

Aug 26, 2015
Grin gives a small cough. "So we were hoping you could help us with something. You see we are after some cults we believe to be hiding in this area..." Thurl's face darkens 

"Great evil hides among these hills. Depraved cultists lead by wretched monsters." He makes a chopping motion with his hand. "Ah but let us not speak of such things until after the feast has warmed our blood." Grin nods and turns to her group. 

"So we have a few hours. What should we do?"

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
Lucia can't take it anymore, and practically rips her own head off, holding it by her hair. "Sorry... couldn't handle that braindead ingrate anymore..." She pauses for a second to take a closer look at the old man. "You know... he seems familiar, somehow. And he serves the kingdom?" She holds her head in a more comfortable position as she tries to think.

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
"I don't know, but he looks familiar. The name doesn't ring any bells, but the face does." She casually shoves past Grin and the others, going straight for the old man with her head held like a ball in her armpit.