Favourite Boss

Number13

Aug 26, 2015
What is your favourite Boss character/battle in the game so far?

Mines probably Captain Khorgan, like the fight. An interesting character as well, wish there was more of her race in-game.

Other options includes Bosses I might have missed or have yet been implemented, like JimThemic's Xenogen Oger.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
Why include two bosses that are yet to be implemented but exclude others? Additionally, Tavria's palace bosses should be separated IMO.

Number13

Aug 26, 2015
Why include two bosses that are yet to be implemented but exclude others? Additionally, Tavria's palace bosses should be separated IMO.

Separated Taivra's palace bosses except for Queensguard. Kept him with Taivra as his fight is right before Taivra's with no chance of healing.

Added Dr Lash, although not sure if he is a boss or is just an extremely powerful NPC fight.

Ko

Oct 4, 2015
I like the Deep Queen on the insect planet. I like that she was a intelligent fighter and not evil or even that cruel.

Were I able to have my PC marry someone and travel with them she'd be in my top fight of that list.

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
I voted for the Queen of the Deep because of that. I was fearing she'd be another "mwahaha, you lost, I'm so stuffing you with eggs"... and her dialogues were enough for me to let her be. The following scenes (which, if you ask me were even... touching) were certainly worth it.

MESeele

Aug 26, 2015
The pirate gauntlet in the Stellar Tether, specifically the Khorgan mech battle. Having the mech unleash a salvo of missiles that riddle your cover with holes, or fire a stream of lasers and having some make it through to you really put the pressure on. It was a fun fight.

Number13

Aug 26, 2015
The pirate gauntlet in the Stellar Tether, specifically the Khorgan mech battle. Having the mech unleash a salvo of missiles that riddle your cover with holes, or fire a stream of lasers and having some make it through to you really put the pressure on. It was a fun fight.

The Deconstruction Unit Boss fight felt similar, just not with the same epicness. Most likely reason is there isn't the possibility of the planet blowing up if you fail in that fight.

JDeko

Aug 27, 2015
Kekistan
www.facebook.com
The Stellar Pirates AFTER the level cap got raised. When it first came out trying to beat them at lv. 5 made me want to quit the game. 

Fully Automated

Oct 11, 2015
The Deconstruction Unit Boss fight felt similar, just not with the same epicness. Most likely reason is there isn't the possibility of the planet blowing up if you fail in that fight.

Tarkus doesn't blow up if you lose to any of the pirates in Stellar Tether, though. If you don't steal the detonators needed to disarm the bomb, the pirates will go their merry way without harming anyone (except for you, if you lost a fight).

Not that you'd have any way of knowing that beforehands, since they pull the silly Die Hard stunt of pretending to be terrorist to cover a theft, but still.

Number13

Aug 26, 2015
Tarkus doesn't blow up if you lose to any of the pirates in Stellar Tether, though. If you don't steal the detonators needed to disarm the bomb, the pirates will go their merry way without harming anyone (except for you, if you lost a fight).

Not that you'd have any way of knowing that beforehands, since they pull the silly Die Hard stunt of pretending to be terrorist to cover a theft, but still.

True. I didn't know this the first time I fought them, so I felt I had the fate of the planet on my hands. Makes it more dramatic.

MESeele

Aug 26, 2015
I had to smut search to find out who the deconstruction bot was. Turns out I haven't met it or the fungal queen yet, so I have no comment on the feels of that fight. (Is the fungal queen not the silly mode exclusive thing that's been mentioned?)

Doing the stellar tether at lv4 as a techie wasn't too hard, though I lost the fight against mecha khorgan the first time due to an unfortunate string of membrane foot slippage.

Fully Automated

Oct 11, 2015
Ganrael (goo knights) are the silly mode only thing. Fungal Queen is in the standard version too, in the NE branch of the Deep Caves. The Deconstruction Bot's pretty cool fight, if only because it has time limit and rather hefty resistances. Using electricity makes it something of a push-over, though.

Stellar Tether is pretty easy at levels 4-5 when you're likely to do it, JDeko's just a special case.

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
Ganrael (goo knights) are the silly mode only thing. Fungal Queen is in the standard version too, in the NE branch of the Deep Caves. The Deconstruction Bot's pretty cool fight, if only because it has time limit and rather hefty resistances. Using electricity makes it something of a push-over, though.

His automatic melee counter-attacks are quite annoying, because they seem to hit automatically. It didn't miss a single time, despite my character having both +evasion perks, 40 reflexes and Stealth Field Generator active and Blinding status effect being applied.

On the other had it's stun resistance is much lower than what you would expect from a giant robot.