NPC art update?

Atoma

Nov 30, 2015
Is there any plans to update the art of some NPCs (Shekka, Anno, Del), the difference between some is really jarring (Kelly, Flahne, Penny).

Number13

Aug 26, 2015
Is there any plans to update the art of some NPCs (Shekka, Anno, Del), the difference between some is really jarring (Kelly, Flahne, Penny).

The main reason with the differences in art is because different artists have made the art for different characters.

Atoma

Nov 30, 2015
I think the characters deserve to look better, some don't even have any art or are not nice to look at in my opinion.

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
Maybe I can clear this up a bit. Different artists worked on the game for different periods of time. It's why the art-style often shifts dramatically from planet to planet. Alot of the early stuff was done by Gats and Cheshire, but now that Shou has been brought on as the official artist, it's slowly becoming more standardized, which is great.

Atoma

Nov 30, 2015
I hope that no character gets forgotten if that's the case and that it happens sooner rather than later.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
We generally kick out new NPCs faster than an artist can keep up, so having Shou go around and replace the Tarkus/Tavros busts is unlikely, or at least long-term. If you'd like higher quality busts for a specific NPC, I suggest talking to her or Cheshire about a private commission. 

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
Even moreso when she's had to do work with seasonal characters as of late, that are only present for a certain amount of time and won't be met until next year.