Myr Fungus Question.

TheInfamousImmortal

Aug 27, 2015
I was wondering, by any chance is there any planned content to become 'infected' by the Fungus?

Last edited by a moderator:

GoldZodiark

Dec 6, 2015
i'm gonna go ahead and say this, but after helping the Myr Fungus Queen, I really want to to have her on my back or at least a lesser one. After all they're just misunderstood symbiotes.

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
i'm gonna go ahead and say this, but after helping the Myr Fungus Queen, I really want to to have her on my back or at least a lesser one. After all they're just misunderstood symbiotes.

I dunno, man. Queen Fungus' scenes depicted her exerting  (or at least being capable of exerting) a lot of control over her host. She can even interact with PC's nano-machines. Regular ones are pretty cool though, and I know that my Spess Druid character will be down with hosting one.

GoldZodiark

Dec 6, 2015
I can see it turning out like Shouldra did in CoC, if it does happen with the Queen. only without the body part size magic.

TheInfamousImmortal

Aug 27, 2015
I dunno, man. Queen Fungus' scenes depicted her exerting  (or at least being capable of exerting) a lot of control over her host. She can even interact with PC's nano-machines. Regular ones are pretty cool though, and I know that my Spess Druid character will be down with hosting one.

Well she is the Queen, so it makes sense why she would be the one to exert the most control over the host compared to the regular ones. And yeah I'd also be down on hosting one.

Yeah, they are misunderstood. And when I looked back on the other parasites, I realize that they're really not that bad at all.

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
Yeah, they are misunderstood. And when I looked back on the other parasites, I realize that they're really not that bad at all.

I think it's because the really bad ones got wiped out, the kinda acceptable ones stayed around because some folks liked them enough to keep them.

Fenoxo

Corrupter of Tainted Space
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Mareth
www.fenoxo.com
There was content written to infect the PC with it, but no content to actually do anything with it or recognize that it was there, so I cut it.

GoldZodiark

Dec 6, 2015
This is something I'd like to know as well. The concept is nice and it would be great to maybe find the queen and show her the universe? (Don't hate me. I have weird tastes! XD)

TheInfamousImmortal

Aug 27, 2015
I just asked Fen, and he said that the only way for the Myr Fungus Infection to get in is that if everyone got together and made scenes that acknowledged it. Which I think has high chance of NOT happening.

GoldZodiark

Dec 6, 2015
I could write it, but i'm more of an amature writer. and I'd need more knowledge about possible scenarios to go with each species. But, I can think of some very kinky sex scenes involving them and some of the races. (Don't expect me to write anything, but if anyone wants to ask about any ideas i can make many.)

Daijena

Oct 9, 2018
Jesus Christ this might be the worst necromancy I've ever seen.
I might be a liitle bit late, however I'm a fan of the idea so I wanted to ask if it's possible that this idea get's revieved? I would love to write something about the Myr fungus infection for the player.

Preacher

Nov 22, 2016
The most holiest of grounds
I might be a liitle bit late, however I'm a fan of the idea so I wanted to ask if it's possible that this idea get's revieved? I would love to write something about the Myr fungus infection for the player.
I'm working on something fungus related, to be found on Myrellion. Not specifically related to the symbiotes this thread is about though.

Wouldn't mind giving this a shot once I'm done. Already wrote one parasite that got implemented, wouldn't mind another. If you want to write it, the more the merrier. Don't know if anyone else is.

Daijena

Oct 9, 2018
okay, butwhy was I reported (or why is this inaprobiate behaviour)? ;(
I just wanted to help with something.....I didn't want to offend someone

K

Krynh

okay, butwhy was I reported (or why is this inaprobiate behaviour)? ;(
I just wanted to help with something.....I didn't want to offend someone
Because you revived a thread from 2015 asking if the idea could be revived when the answer was a clear no.

Daijena

Oct 9, 2018
This is the first time I joined a Forum so I got overly excited...won't happen again

Alecsandr

Dec 11, 2015
There was content written to infect the PC with it, but no content to actually do anything with it or recognize that it was there, so I cut it.
This has piqued my interest a bit, how did it work? Was it treated like Nova or more like a drone or accessory slot. If it's just missing content, such as scenes, story, and such would it be possible to recreate the system for other non-parasitic characters, like say a holo companion like valeria

Reactions: Krynh

Daijena

Oct 9, 2018
I'm working on something fungus related, to be found on Myrellion. Not specifically related to the symbiotes this thread is about though.

Wouldn't mind giving this a shot once I'm done. Already wrote one parasite that got implemented, wouldn't mind another. If you want to write it, the more the merrier. Don't know if anyone else is.
Yeah I wanted to write something for the game, but the thing is I don't really have any idea how to write and I followed your "Buttbug" idea and wanted to help you or others while helping me understand how to write? That was the basic idea, I'd really love to help.

adev

Apr 27, 2017
Well the answer wasn't really a clear no if 'I just asked Fen, and he said that the only way for the Myr Fungus Infection to get in is that if everyone got together and made scenes that acknowledged it.' is correct - at least back then.

The problem with this is nobody will even think about writing supporting scenes when there is no indication that this might be a possible expansion. Maybe there should be a forum/wiki section where this could be collected - ideas/content that was cut/disabled because it currently lacks support with an outline of what content/lore exists and what approximately would be required to reconsider inclusion.

WRT the fungi - (note: i'm not really familiar with the lore) NPCs in that area would probably need to acknowledge the infection but it could be limited to (parts of?) Myrellion (fungi need something from that area to survive/are not allowed to leave the planet/queen can't leave her people or some other reason) where the symbiotes voluntarily leave the player when exiting the area.

Reactions: ChromaTaphore