Download and Save to File?

Nov 22, 2015
I'm having a bit of trouble downloading the game and I don't know what to do. The page says to right click and "save as" but if I do that with the link it only gives me the option to "save link as." And when I open up the game in my browser I don't find an option to "save as," either. What to I need to do to download the game so I can save my game files to my PC?

MESeele

Aug 26, 2015
Save Link As = Save the file the link leads to = Save As. Would have taken you less time to try it out yourself than it took to type up your question.

Nov 22, 2015
Save Link As = Save the file the link leads to = Save As. Would have taken you less time to try it out yourself than it took to type up your question.

Thank you for your catty comment. That was necessary and useful. Haven't tried that before.

I'm trying to see if there's a way for me to download the game so I can use mods and save to file, which I can't do that way. All that does is make a link that I can click on to open up in my browser tab.

MESeele

Aug 26, 2015
I answered the question you asked. You just now rephrased it into something completely different. Your inability to properly convey what it is you wanted is your fault and nobody else's. Vomiting sarcasm doesn't change this.

Nov 22, 2015
I answered the question you asked. You just now rephrased it into something completely different. Your inability to properly convey what it is you wanted is your fault and nobody else's. Vomiting sarcasm doesn't change this.

How can I properly download the game?

f4s1k1n

Aug 28, 2015
what browser did you use? if you use chrome or firefox right click at the download text and click save link as,,, then place the swf. file to whatever folder you want to put it in,,, if you already downloaded the game you can play the game (right click at .swf file > open with > your preference browser)

Untitled.png

Untitle1.png

Untitle2.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 22, 2015
what browser did you use? if you use chrome or firefox right click at the download text and click save link as,,, then place the swf. file to whatever folder you want to put it in,,, if you already downloaded the game you can play the game (right click at .swf file > open with > your preference browser)

View attachment 2326

View attachment 2327

View attachment 2328

That's what I've been doing. Is there no way to download the entire game? Because isn't all that doing just saving the link to open the game?

KnightOwl

Aug 26, 2015
The .swf file IS the entire game (TiTS is primarily text based so it's not that large as opposed to many graphic heavy games) and you'll also use your browser to open/play the downloaded .swf file.  Just make sure to place the Save to File saves in the same folder as the downloaded .swf file (it's usually best to create a specific folder for TiTS and put all the files in it).

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 22, 2015
The .swf file IS the entire game (TiTS is primarily text based so it's not that large as opposed to many graphic heavy games) and you'll also use your browser to open/play the downloaded .swf file.  Just make sure to place the Save to File saves in the same folder as the downloaded .swf file (it's usually best to create a specific folder for TiTS and put all the files in it).

Oh, I see. 

And I tried to save to file again and this time it worked. Turns out it doesn't work if you're running your browser in incognito. Now I feel dumb. -w-

Thanks for your help, everyone. I appreciate it.