Trying to get inerested in TiTS

DarkPrinceCyril

Sep 19, 2015
I'm trying to anger anyone here, but the transition from CoC to TiTS is very rough for me. I just don't feel nearly as immersed as I did in CoC. Just what can I do to really get into it, what is a point in the game that I should look forward to as a goal?

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
Honestly? Don't force yourself.

As someone who prefers fantasy over sci-fi, I play TiTS for the story and the self-contained characters. One thing that helped me was being able to check races and characters on the Smutosaur wiki and see if there was someone who caught my fancy, be it for story reasons or smut ones. Also, if you're into TFs as I am, know that TiTS transformations pay more attention to details, meaning your Steele might get different eyes, more than one female bit, three gonads... Battle wise, and if you're into it, TiTS have a bit more of strategy: working out whether to use ranged weapons, melee ones or tease your way out of battles might bring more satisfaction than engaging on reckless attacks or choosing between several types of fire magicks :p

Ravioli

Aug 26, 2015
I like the characters and exploration a lot more. After playing Tits first and then CoC, I found Coc's interface awful and hard to use. Just learn to love the cute girls!

ZulCoringa

Oct 27, 2015
I think I can help you, because I was in the same situation, but first I apologize for my bad english.

When I started in tits I was just reading the awesome and really long content, but without any empathy for the game and coc remained my favorite, also my character there was the only one I cared about.
 What changed? External content! Man, it is a good time to play tits, early this year I watched both star trek movies, and now all the hype towards Star Wars VII, a ton of sci-fi games and books and things and stuff. You know, I'm a roleplayer, all of this gave me the urge to explore the universe by my own, discovering new species, flying from a planet to another with my crew on my starship that I already love... I assure you, tits is far far better than coc... coc is about you being a hero in one dimension, tits is about you struggling between choices that can impact a whole planet, and then you move to another planet and don't know what to expect because the universe is huge and it's becoming even bigger thanks to fenoxo's crew.

This magical feeling you're looking for, is on the movies/series like star trek, star wars, sci-fi games and so on...

Magic Ted

Forum God
Aug 26, 2015
(Your English is fine, mang)

Play it. If it doesn't click then it doesn't click. A fundamental difference between CoC and TiTs, beyond setting obv, is that TiTs requires you to read everything a hell of a lot more to "get" what's happening, while CoC applies itself to various fantasy tropes and, usually, shorter, more nebulous descriptions even for lewd stuff. That can be a bummer and that doesn't imply you can't read or anything, it's just a lot more concrete effort into a usually simple-minded medium. 

Also Mhen'ga is kinda weak at this point, so. Get past there and see how you feel?

YEsManKablaam

Sep 2, 2015
you can't force yourself to like a game. i say if you've checked out M'henga fully and New Texas and you aren't into it it's fine. i mean it's not like people will get mad? personally i prefer TiTs over CoC for better combat and so far no way i saw to completely cheat the combat entirely lol...

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
Well, the content of what you find immersive is highly subjective and I can't really suggest one thing over another if I don't know what exactly you are looking for.

However, as far as an objective measurement of immersion itself, almost every tile your character walks on has a text blurb attached to it--add that to the actual events and character interactions and this game has way more text-immersion than CoC does. The quality of writing, from what I've read, is a lot higher in comparison. As far as player agency, you have greater control over your character as the primary focus is on exploration rather than randomized adventuring. As far as the more "gamey" elements of the game: if CoC is more like a dice game, then TiTS is more like a card game. Whereas the dice game is about pure chance, the card game is a bit more calculated. As a player, you can button mash your way through CoC, but in TiTS, you might have to pause, think, and adapt to certain situations.

For themes, TiTS is set in a sci-fi setting, so it takes on a lot of the symptoms many sci-fi projects have (due to attaching "science" in front of it), such as techno-babble (new vocabularies) and complex systems (social-economic politics, traditionalist vs progressive ideologies), and these things can be very overwhelming for a person not used to the sci-fi genre (which is probably the reason why the codex was added to the game to help the player understand the world around their character)--and for some, that's a huge turn-off. Medieval/High fantasy genres, like the one CoC is set, are a lot easier to grip with since most content for that kind of setting is readily understood, or is ambiguous enough to not need extra explanation, making it easier to immerse oneself into. Sure, while nanomachines can be the magic and social status defines who are the divine beings, sci-fi stuff usually has a lot more footnotes than high fantasy stuff on the whole.

Like Magic Ted mentioned above, Mhen'ga does need some more work so play around a while after getting passed that planet and see if you think its for you. Every planet has it's own theme and set of characters and events with different objectives, back stories, and kinks. Part of the exploration process is unraveling these things as you go and hunting out what appeals to you--or accepting it all if you're not picky. Keep in mind that the game isn't near completion yet, so you might not find anything you like at all in its current form.

So far as general content is concerned, the game in it's current form (as of public build v0.6.13), you can get:

• 1 ship to travel with
  • 7 planets/destinations (4 main game, 1 side, 2 event-related):Starter location with stores, a bar, red-light district
  • Jungle planet with some residences, a medical facility, explorable jungle, bee people, tentacle amazons, parasitic sticky notes, horny plant ladies, pussy snakes (in two varieties)
  • Junkyard planet with some residences, mad scientists, explorable wasteland, robots, goo girls, rust monsters, horny jackalope-bunny herms, kobold/goblinoids
  • Ant planet with an ongoing civil war, explorable battlefield and underground caverns, bugs everywhere, bushels of sentient cocks
  • Hu-cow planet with cowgirls and bull guys, explorable farmland, milkers, ice cream parlor and gym
  • Event planets: one for Christmas, one for Halloween
[*]A bunch of side quests and miniquests, though not all sex-related
[*]4 possible followers total, each with their own unique follower content (1 omnigender, 2 females, 1 male/female/custom)
[*]About 6 or 7 customizable NPCs (possibly more)
[*]Content (though may be limited to certain NPCs) for submissiveness, dominance, hypnotism, whoring/sluttery, exhibitionism
[*]Sexual parasites (drug addiction in the backer's build, and possible "sexy STDs" in the future)
[*]Illegal drugs and sex toys
[*]Numerous races and race variants and transformation items to make changing into one possible
[*]Money is a valuable resource since everything costs money and some events are money sinks (so far only quests and some enemies/events will provide money, but there may be a job/investment feature or faction perks in the future)
[*]Tile-based map system--for exploration, of course
[*]Complex combat and status system
[*]Simple messenger/mail system
[*]Detailed pregnancy system
[*]And possibly other things I might have left out on this list...
Hope this helps!

shadefalcon

Oct 13, 2015
The only advice I can give is to just try to play more of it. Explore some planets, get to know more about the different characters and do the quests. 

See if it floats your boat or not. If not? No need to force yourself.  :)

I believe it´s easier to get into this game, if you take your time and read through it. (Not implying that you don´t). I kinda used to skip through things when I first played it, just trying to unlock all the planets, crewmembers and sex scenes. It became a whole new experience when I started reading through the dialogue more carefully, getting to know the different situations and circumstances of the different races, planets and npcs.

CallistheCalloused

Nov 5, 2015
I couldn't help giggling a little at the title but srsly you guys tits is simple:

First you gotta get the money,then you get the power, Then you get the women, ALL the women.

Tits in a nutshell

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
For me, it's more like "first you get women everywhere, then you start amassing money and later you might get power. Oh, and you'll get more women afterwards".